Moves are being made

Technically this mf'er can win the Coastal with a 7-5 record. How about a "not impossible" doomsday scenario?

Lets say 7-5 gets him into the conference championship game. God help us if he pulls an upset. But lets say he miraculously get there, loses and still gets to coach in the Toilet Bowl game.
Our ****** record would put us up against a group of 5 opponent like App State. Manny wins that and now he's got an 8 win season, a coastal championship and an unbeaten record against FSU.

BJ & Frenk saw the loss to Virginia. Manny defends it with "that was TVD's first big game and it came down to a FG missed by a true freshman." They agree because they know nothing about football, but saw that it was close.
He also defends the UNC loss with the same argument. TVD's first road start and a 3pt loss, but adds injuries to the excuse. Is my preseason Heisman candidate at QB not worth 6 points? Just 6 points is all that separates him from a 10 win season.

Crazy thing is, he doesn't even need the conference championship appearance to use this excuse. He'd have 8 wins with 2 losses by a total of 6 points, without his Heisman candidate at QB.

If they WANT to bring him back, they'll have an excuse. And its sickening.
What you do you think 2022 season tickets look like? This is a done deal. Hecht will be running on a deficit.

Advertisement
The fact the kids are fighting/playing hard is all the more of a reason to fire Manny now. Give them some hope. Get this pressure of a DCW still being around this program any longer.

Save the program from the embarrassments that are about to happen vs NC St & Pitt if Manny is the HC.

The kids who are fighting will fight no matter what. They are even natural born bad mo-fo's like James Williams and LT or trying to get to the league like Rambo and Rique.

Kinchens, Rooster, Keyshawn Smith, X, TVD, Jakai Clark....those guys will fight, too, because they are trying to establish themselves.

NC State and Pitt may actually be pretty good. UVA and UNC are NOT. This “fight” narrative may get f*cked quite quickly as the next two teams are probably the favorites to face each other in the ACC Champ game.
They are both very good teams. We will be outclassed.

Advertisement
He’s still successful bro and how did he get there. No matter who been president last 16 years we have sucked lol.
He might be well paid, but he's not successful.

At least everyone calling you a failure for presiding over tumbling academic standards and an awful athletics program doesn't seem like you'd consider yourself a success.

NC State and Pitt may actually be pretty good. UVA and UNC are NOT. This “fight” narrative may get f*cked quite quickly as the next two teams are probably the favorites to face each other in the ACC Champ game.
The ACC is garbage, top to bottom. Miami could have a close loss, maybe even pull out a victory, against any given team in this abomination of a league. That includes Pitt and NC State. People said NC was a guaranteed blow out.

The ACC is garbage, top to bottom. Miami could have a close loss, maybe even pull out a victory, against any given team in this abomination of a league. That includes Pitt and NC State. People said NC was a guaranteed blow out.

We will see, wont we?

Advertisement
He might be well paid, but he's not successful.

At least everyone calling you a failure for presiding over tumbling academic standards and an awful athletics program doesn't seem like you'd consider yourself a success.
Maybe we just don’t understand the Greek alphabet well enough.

Was on a plane today and pilot said we were landing at alpha 27, I just assumed it was a superior gate to B 27 based on the tough talk of CIS

I told RVA last night and I’ll say it again…to me Manny getting fired is like our recruiting.I’ll believe it’s true when I see dried ink on his pink slip.

I DO NOT ,no way no how,trust this administration to do anything good for this program.I’ve been fooled too many times over my many many years as a Cane fan to think this program gets what/who it needs to play with the big boys.

We were lucky during our 20 yr run cause Howard went into the inner city and got AA kids with great talent that would have never went to college or would have ended up at HBC to come play D-1 football at Miami.Something no one else was doing much of.It took other schools a few years to catch up to this and figure out that “hey these kids are pretty good “ but those few years gave us our hey day.

Now EVERYONE has figured this out and all those kids that turned Miami around are getting poached buy schools with large checkbooks and winning traditions and the Miami administration is stuck in the fact that they still think this advantage exists and we can compete no matter how little they put toward the program.

Some of the people in charge have finally figured out this isn’t the case anymore and you have to invest in the program to help it succeed.Sadly though there are many more that saw what happened back then without a whole lot of investment and think this is still possible today.

Well we know different.The one thing we have to hope for is that those couple of people at the top of the booster food chain that have smartened up have loud enough voices to get the rest of these idiots to understand. Sadly I doubt they do and we will end up 4-5 years from now bumping these same posts with all of us hoping that this time it will be different.Hoping that these same fools that are still stuck in the 80’s and 90’s have passed on and their kids are a lot smarter and will finally do the right thing.

Sadly I doubt I will be around to ever see the University of Miami BOT do the right thing.Sure hope I’m wrong.

What you do you think 2022 season tickets look like? This is a done deal. Hecht will be running on a deficit.
Thing is.. The Virginia game had the lowest attendance since 2012. Frenk and BJ were both in attendance for that game and it came days after Frenk released his statement supporting the sports ball team. They witnessed the horrible attendance and the loss first hand, but did nothing. Two losses since Frenk's statement and nothing has changed.

Until they actually make a move, its hard to believe they actually will.

When your AD is full of losers that know nothing about big boy championship sports programs it is easy to accept losses and embarrassment...

Advertisement
happy sloth GIF
bunny lol GIF by Disney
bunny lol GIF by Disney

The fact the kids are fighting/playing hard is all the more of a reason to fire Manny now. Give them some hope. Get this pressure of a DCW still being around this program any longer.

Save the program from the embarrassments that are about to happen vs NC St & Pitt if Manny is the HC.
Not sure. If they are fighting for the guy removing him too early might just have them give up entirely and you are likely to see embarrassing losses versus nail biters. If you wait until the end they got time to warm up to the next guy.

There’s an argument to be made to let the guys keep fighting for something. Despite how we feel emotionally about Manny the guys are still fighting for him.

Advertisement
Not sure. If they are fighting for the guy removing him too early might just have them give up entirely and you are likely to see embarrassing losses versus nail biters. If you wait until the end they got time to warm up to the next guy.

There’s an argument to be made to let the guys keep fighting for something. Despite how we feel emotionally about Manny the guys are still fighting for him.
They aren’t fighting for him. Don’t confuse that. They are fighting for each other despite the coach.

Also, LSU & Ed O are separating. They take football seriously. We don’t. We still have Manny as we wait it out……. Pffttt

Technically this mf'er can win the Coastal with a 7-5 record. How about a "not impossible" doomsday scenario?

Lets say 7-5 gets him into the conference championship game. God help us if he pulls an upset. But lets say he miraculously get there, loses and still gets to coach in the Toilet Bowl game.
Our ****** record would put us up against a group of 5 opponent like App State. Manny wins that and now he's got an 8 win season, a coastal championship and an unbeaten record against FSU.

BJ & Frenk saw the loss to Virginia. Manny defends it with "that was TVD's first big game and it came down to a FG missed by a true freshman." They agree because they know nothing about football, but saw that it was close.
He also defends the UNC loss with the same argument. TVD's first road start and a 3pt loss, but adds injuries to the excuse. Is my preseason Heisman candidate at QB not worth 6 points? Just 6 points is all that separates him from a 10 win season.

Crazy thing is, he doesn't even need the conference championship appearance to use this excuse. He'd have 8 wins with 2 losses by a total of 6 points, without his Heisman candidate at QB.

If they WANT to bring him back, they'll have an excuse. And its sickening.
The fact that we can still win the Coastal is a reason to fire Manny now.

To get some momentum towards next season, give the talented young players a reason to stay, and salvage a recruiting class - put an interim head coach in place and make a run.

I frankly believe this team is more likely to make a run after a firing - and it hardly matters who the interim HC is. It could be Simpson, Reed, **** it can be Lashlee.

The fact is that Manny has the longest losing streak vs. P5 since the 1970s. Why wait for him to run this season into the ground, along with the next 5 years, by waiting for the team to be eliminated from contention?

They aren’t fighting for him. Don’t confuse that. They are fighting for each other despite the coach.

Also, LSU & Ed O are separating. They take football seriously. We don’t. We still have Manny as we wait it out……. Pffttt
I am not in their heads to be sure. But removing him will still not rule out embarrassing losses. I think Miami and Diaz will separate so when it happens is academic.

Next what happens with the AD will indicate how serious they are about making changes. Removing Manny is not enough.

Advertisement
Back