Moves are being made

That’s how scary their ineptness is , you got a small dose in 2017 what we can be. Everyone wants Miami back, I just wonder if the administration is the one group who doesn’t.
Was gonna say I wonder if they can pull year over year numbers and correlate it to 2017. I'm sure there was some kind of uptick but they'll say it was from their extended effort of the IPF fundraising, etc

Heard someone talking about how a family member did a work study or GA in admissions in 2016 and 2017 and was adamant that after the ND game the number of applications they received went up significantly. Don't know if they care enough or pay enough attention to that correlation.

Advertisement
Heres something that could attract a head coach to come here:

Imagine being the head coach who saved the program and brought it back to life. Not just a program, a program like Miami. Although we suck right now, we gather national attention every single time we start winning a few games.

I think that could be attracting for some moving forward.

Also I don't buy the "Miami fans are terrible"

Any storied program with our history/success + descent into Bolivia would be similar.

Guess the only extra spice is the Miami sub-culture/intensity of the city and its people that adds an extra layer.
No less demanding than any of the SEC schools. Half the Florida fanbase wants Mullen out on a rail. Eddie O. is a season and a half removed from a national title and the fanbase wants him canned.

Advertisement
This is who I picture every time i think of Strawley
angry girl GIF by South Park

View attachment 157715
Jesus Medusa Christ....

Was gonna say I wonder if they can pull year over year numbers and correlate it to 2017. I'm sure there was some kind of uptick but they'll say it was from their extended effort of the IPF fundraising, etc

Heard someone talking about how a family member did a work study or GA in admissions in 2016 and 2017 and was adamant that after the ND game the number of applications they received went up significantly. Don't know if they care enough or pay enough attention to that correlation.

It's not that hard to pull those numbers from other schools that have had huge upticks in on-field performance and applications. Bama, Clemson, etc. are all great examples and I'm sure they can pull that data.

No problem! We all want the samething and are tired of status quo... I dont understand what theyre waiting for but Im sure there is a reason

I dont have inside info very much but when I do ill share it
They want to pay as little of a buyout as possible.

Thats my take. TAKE. I SAID TAKE.

Advertisement
I have absolutely zero sources inside Miami, but I do have a few in the college football coaching circles. And there are some good coaches reaching out about the job.

People always say nobody wants this job but they never really tell the whole story on why.

If Miami is paying, plenty of coaches would love a shot at this job.

Problem with what I said?

D$ echoed the samething in this thread... my info comes from someone we tailgate with whose a GoldenCane and is more fed up than we are. Especially when your giving big $$$ to the school every year and seeing 0 results

If it were up to me Diaz would have been fired last week. Hes done and he knows it... Blake is done as well.
woaahhhh Randomwalk is back????

As if the Miami fanbase is bad. Eddie O. is a season and a half removed from his national championship and Tiger fans want his head. You think SEC fanbase tolerates bad football? Tennessee goes through coaches every 3 years. Same at South Carolina. Look at Ole Miss or Arkansas.
That's the one aspect I question about this. There are other more relevant examples, including Alabama.

No **** if results continue to stay the same Manny will be fired. What's the administration going to do, back a 2-10 coach??? Trust me, they'd love to but their hand will be forced.

What I'd like to know is if all this is being done behind Bake Sale Blake's back... WTF is the point in keeping him?
This…this is the nickname

Advertisement
I was hoping people would read between the lines a bit, but no everybody needs exact facts. A list of possible head coach replacements is being made. Coaches that actually are interested in the job. Not everybody wants this job. Miami is not for everybody and our fan base has a terrible reputation. There is peripheral contact being made. Facts are being gathered. 2 former players are doing most of the legwork and Blake has nothing to do with it. Does this mean he will get fired? I have no idea. Personally I hope so. Obviously the names are being kept secret because most if not all have other jobs. Manny is toast and they have learned their lesson. Only big names are being considered. That’s all I have until Sunday.
Why Sunday?

Advertisement
Also I don't buy the "Miami fans are terrible"

Any storied program with our history/success + descent into Bolivia would be similar.

Guess the only extra spice is the Miami sub-culture/intensity of the city and its people that adds an extra layer.
unfortunately, you have national media also saying that. People just repeat what they hear if they aren't personally involved

Advertisement
Back