Moves are being made

Advertisement
Imma be honest;

This is part of the problem. Blake James is a grown a$$ man who made grown @&& decisions! If he’s the AD, let him be the AD, MEANING, let him be culpable for the grown *** decisions he’s made, IN ATHLETICS. Stop micromanaging this chit. If he’s not “allowed” to talk football, then obviously u have zero confidence in his leadership abilities. If u have no confidence in that, then why is he still collecting a 7 figure check from this institution?!

Like stop baby sitting this dweeb! Get him the fck outta here! He’s not an AD, and he’s being treated as such; being told to be frustrated, not allowed to talk football or be involved in future hiring processes. No competent school would keep a guy who’s incompetent at their job, just b/c he fund raises. He fund raises while losing funds.

I digress.
I’ve never understood the “Blake James is the Jordan Belfort of fundraising” mantra. Is he? I’ve had season tickets over a decade and hardly ever get a phone call regarding fundraising for athletics. My wife went to UC-Davis and the effort they put into fundraising for athletics, engaging with alumni/fans is at least 25x the effort of UM. And when they call they know who you are and are genuinely excited for all of the projects for which they are fundraising. When I get a call from UM it’s a typical spoiled UM brat that’s above making phone calls.

The department has to be gutted at this point. Everyone. Must. Go. Starting with Blake James.

Advertisement
I’ve never understood the “Blake James is the Jordan Belfort of fundraising” mantra. Is he? I’ve had season tickets over a decade and hardly ever get a phone call regarding fundraising for athletics. My wife went to UC-Davis and the effort they put into fundraising for athletics, engaging with alumni/fans is at least 25x the effort of UM. And when they call they know who you are and are genuinely excited for all of the projects for which they are fundraising. When I get a call from UM it’s a typical spoiled UM brat that’s above making phone calls.

The department has to be gutted at this point. Everyone. Must. Go. Starting with Blake James.
“The athletic department is broke.”

“Blake James is a fundraising savant.”

Both can’t be true, you are correct.

GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

OP and his sauces

Advertisement

Awww chit; ur wife is an Aggie?? My homeboy’s daughter just graduated from Davis in 2020 Hella underrated academic school. Hawkins has revived their football program. And I’m sure.

Awww chit; ur wife is an Aggie?? My homeboy’s daughter just graduated from Davis in 2020 Hella underrated academic school. Hawkins has revived their football program. And I’m sure.
Apparently Hawkins was supposed to be Butch's OC at FIU before taking that job at UC-Davis.

Advertisement

I have posted numerous times that its not Manny or Blake, its the entire athletic dept that needs to be gutted and rebuilt.

Advertisement
Yes sir. We are heading there this weekend. UCD alumni are hella proud. I don’t really follow rankings but it was my son’s #1 choice before we left Cali - he said it was the best in the state. And Big Sky ball is a lot fun. We’ve had some amazing road trips.

Advertisement
Back