Move me to DT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why would anyone consider this a troll attempt?

Before you answer, ask yourself this:

What's this dude's future looking like on the OL right now after the OL class we just hauled in?

I wish I could be as excited about our OL as everyone else. We added some nice pieces, but nothing to make me say our OL problems are solved. From what I seen last year we need all the help we can get.

What's this dude's future looking like on the OL right now after the OL class we just hauled in?

I don't know. He's a redshirt freshman. Why don't we wait to find out. There's not reason to jam square pegs into round holes unless you absolutely have to.

Who sits around and thinks of this stuff? The kid has not had the chance to play yet or practice much so what makes you think he should be moved to defense of tackle

Advertisement
IDGF if he's 7'10 if he can play he can play. Plenty of tall tackles, including one Too-tall Jones.

I don't know. He's a redshirt freshman. Why don't we wait to find out. There's not reason to jam square pegs into round holes unless you absolutely have to.

If we wish to field a defense next spring we might absolutely have to.

Molten, Willis, Norton, McIntosh could all very easily not return in 2018 leaving us with Fines, Martin, Ford.

Molten, Willis, Norton, McIntosh could all very easily not return in 2018 leaving us with Fines, Martin, Ford.

It won't happen. 5 Dt's from the same team will not enter the same draft. Period.

Advertisement

It won't happen. 5 Dt's from the same team will not enter the same draft. Period.

You're 100% right.

However, 4 DTs from the same team might enter the same draft. Period.

He was recruited to play DT by Illinois. This isn't a preposterous suggestion by any means so you can all stuff it up your noses.

tumblr_mn2atbBzIM1s51zjyo1_500.gif

You're 100% right.

As long as Moten stays we'll be fine. Keep in mind it looks like Bethel maybe moving the DT direction as well, at least for passing downs.

Then we wait until next spring to have that conversation. No sense in potentially stunting a kids development this early for a hypothetical situation. What if we bring in a few more stud DTs next year? What if all those guys don't go pro? What if we get Logan and/or other transfers? I mean a lot can happen. I just don't see moving a kid unless he's so far down the depth chart and has zero chance of playing. If that is the case after spring then yes, maybe you consider it for fall. But also remember that we lose Darling, McDermott and Odogwu after this year, all of whom have played OT at some point. That will leave us with Brown, who has yet to start a game, St Louis, and the freshmen at OT.

Advertisement

You're 100% right.

As long as Moten stays we'll be fine.
Keep in mind it looks like Bethel maybe moving the DT direction as well, at least for passing downs.

Moten graduates. If one or two of Norton, McIntosh or Willis leaves, we're thin in 2018 Even if Kool recruits well next class, it "usually" take two years to get a tackle ready. If Logan has game in him, we could surely use him to smooth out the classes.

We just recruited 6'7 Jared Goldwire to play DT.

Advertisement
Might as well give it a try cause he isn't going to get any play at any Oline position so if this experiment doesn't work then show him the door.

Rok throws **** on the wall not to see what sticks but rather because he has encopresis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back