Most used Miami players this year

Advertisement
Herndon and Njoku have been on the field for 401 snaps and have combine for 18 catches, 289 yards, and 2 TDs.

These guys should be a mismatch for almost any defense in the country. They need more catches.

That's not how math works. There hasn't been 401 snaps total. There's been 294. The numbers don't look quite as bad that way. They still to do way more with them.

PEDANT MAN, AWAY

Advertisement
We need to use our TE's more.

For real, our offense should be styled after Boise/UW. That's how we should play.

I certainly don't disagree with you, because I love Peterson's O philosophy. But with that being said, here are his Offensive stats since he arrived in Washington.

WASHINGTON HUSKIES

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2014 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, OFFENSE

83rd Offense
68th Rushing
90th Passing
(OL rank per S&P 78th)

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2015 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, OFFENSE

37th Offense
59th Rushing
97th Passing
(OL rank per S&P 50th)

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, OFFENSE

2016 (through 6 weeks)
16th Offense
15th Rushing
14th Passing
(no OL rank yet)

MIAMI HURRICANES (Richt's first year - through 5 games)

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, OFFENSE

31st Offense
78th Rushing
40th Passing
(no OL rank yet)

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need to use our TE's more.

For real, our offense should be styled after Boise/UW. That's how we should play.

I certainly don't disagree with you, because I love Peterson's O philosophy. But with that being said, here are his Offensive stats since he arrived in Washington.

WASHINGTON HUSKIES

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2014 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, OFFENSE

83rd Offense
68th Rushing
90th Passing
(OL rank per S&P 78th)

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2015 NCAA S&P+ RATINGS, OFFENSE

37th Offense
59th Rushing
97th Passing
(OL rank per S&P 50th)

2016 (through 6 weeks)
16th Offense
15th Rushing
14th Passing
(no OL rank yet)

MIAMI HURRICANES (Richt's first year - through 5 games)

31st Offense
78th Rushing
40th Passing
(no OL rank yet)

Our # are skewed because we have played 3 non-power 5 teams. Against power 5 only, we are 92nd (315 ypg) in the nation in total offense.
Washington is 13th (499 ypg)

Herndon and Njoku have been on the field for 401 snaps and have combine for 18 catches, 289 yards, and 2 TDs.

These guys should be a mismatch for almost any defense in the country. They need more catches.

Our OL 1st needs to provide the time needed to exploit the mismatch! But then again you did say Almost so lower tier competition, yes let's take advantage!

More Yearby. Would like to see him and Walton split snaps at worse.

Yearby clearly looks like the better RB to me. Walton will hit you for a bigger play here and there, but he gets stuffed for nothing way too much. Yearby always seems to keep us in front of the chains.

Advertisement
These next couple of weeks are going to be brutally physical after that FSU game. I'm hoping these young LBs can hold up. That's an awful lot to ask and they put it all out there last week.

Yearby clearly looks like the better RB to me. Walton will hit you for a bigger play here and there, but he gets stuffed for nothing way too much. Yearby always seems to keep us in front of the chains.

Agreed, the numbers vs power 5 opponents the last 2 years supports that opinion.

IMO, Yearby's feet/vision make up for what he lacks in speed/power. I like him isolated on LBs in the passing game better as well.

How does Miami not have a game changing running back. It should be a crime with all that talent in our backyard that I have to watch Walton get stuffed for 1 yard.

Advertisement
How does Miami not have a game changing running back. It should be a crime with all that talent in our backyard that I have to watch Walton get stuffed for 1 yard.

It's hard to be elite when your gang tackled behind the line of scrimmage

Behind this line yearby is definitely the better back. But if you put Walton behind an elite line and i'd give him the edge. He really explodes off that 1 cut.

Advertisement
Back