Most underwhelming unit since our downfall.. (vote)

Which unit has been biggest disappointment in last decade +?

• Defensive Tackle

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Linebacker

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Cornerback

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Quarterback

Votes: 145 68.1%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Advertisement
Every other position listed has had at least a couple NFL worthy players over the years.
Wide receiver.. Benjamin & Hurns? Pathetic. Linebacker? Perryman.. ?? That’s it. QB only has 32 starters. Statistically least likely position of the listed units.

Wide receiver.. Benjamin & Hurns? Pathetic. Linebacker? Perryman.. ?? That’s it. QB only has 32 starters. Statistically least likely position of the listed units.
Travis Benjamin alone has had a longer pro career than every single QB put together

Travis Benjamin alone has had a longer pro career than every single QB put together
What does that have to do with our units at Miami? This isn’t a what players can string together a mediocre nfl career. The only Miami caliber (dominant) WR we’ve had is Richards. I’m not defending qb play. NFL aside. At Miami.

Advertisement
What does that have to do with our units at Miami? This isn’t a what players can string together a mediocre nfl career. The only Miami caliber (dominant) WR we’ve had is Richards. I’m not defending qb play. NFL aside. At Miami.
Because there’s been legit NFL players at WR here in the last 15 years. There’s been nobody close to an NFL QB, even third string here.

I chose WR, because I’m right.
bow down all hail GIF by The Academy Awards

QB for sure

CB for me is #2 only because our in state rivals have done well in the last decade in terms of DB reputation. We need to put guys in the league and then recruit some studs

Advertisement
QB is the obvious answer, however I think the offensive line woes have killed us the last 10 years. Brad and Steven were decent QBs. We haven’t dominated the trenches against good defenses in almost 20 years. If you really think hard about the OP’s question it’s really all of the above. There hasn’t been a game changer at any of those positions in a long time. We’ve had some good players but I’m talking game changers.

If there was a button for OL, I would choose it. QB? Sure, there was a reason why Harris earned the nickname Japicky, but Morris and Kaaya were at the very least serviceable college QBs you could win with, IMO, if the rest of your game is going in the right direction. Even with some pretty bad OLs, both of them still managed decent numbers. And you can't forget some of the defenses we had in those years.....in some of them, even an average defense gets both of those QBs more wins.

Advertisement
QB for sure

CB for me is #2 only because our in state rivals have done well in the last decade in terms of DB reputation. We need to put guys in the league and then recruit some studs
This right here..QB is the obvious number 1 answer but for a school of our nfl pedigree and location we’re pathetic when it comes to producing cb’s..we’ve had like one 1st round pick in 20years (Burns) and the only one that excelled in the league was a converted wr..shocking

A great O-line that you can consistently run the ball behind, hides a bunch of flaws
Jeezus, no doubt. Unreal anybody could have that group missing.

Take a look at our line in late 2000-2002 and compare to what we have had in the last decade plus. To me, its not even close.

Sure, I would love to have dominant DTs like we used to have, but ANY Miami offense would kill the competition with a top end OL. But that is our fan base for sure, an unreal obsession with WR and QB. Before Tua at Alabama, it should be noted how average their QBs were...though they stole quite a few good WR from our backyard.

We are always pretty **** good, if not great, at skill positions. Hard as **** to show them off when you can't run the ball and the QB is on his *** a lot.

Advertisement
Back