Most successful player who transferred to UM?

Advertisement
I wouldn't count JUCO's b/c the only reason why a kid is at a JUCO is either due to grades or not having a D1 offer. Often times, JUCO's are considered apart of the recruiting cycle.

I think in order for this to be accurate, we need to focus on guys transferring in from a CFB or CFS school.

Advertisement
Geoff Torretta was one of the better though not among the elite. He held the fort for us when Vinny was injured in a scooter accident in 1986, thus preserving our undefeated regular season.
I think he started the last game of 1986, and UM beat East Carolina 36-10

Advertisement
Wow, you guys are slow today...

Uh oh
90CC98FE-8D9F-4291-9048-A82E6512B7D6.jpeg

McKinnie
A WR from Ohio during the Erickson years - Wesley Carroll I think it was.
Vogel, the P from UF
Gerald Willis the DT from UF
Jerome McDougle and Andrew Williams both came from Hinds JC
Cortez Kennedy from some JC
The great Dan Sileo came from a JC - he was actually decent here
Greg Olsen from ND
Jeff Feagles - the real Jeff Feagles - played at a JC out West before Miami
Eddie Brown was at a JC before Miami
Duane Starks was at a JC before Miami
Cornelius Green went to a JC before Miami (DE during the Butch years)
Adrian Colbert deserves to be on this list now - xfer from Texas - solid baller for the short time he was here
Michael Boireau was at a JC before Miami (DE during the Butch years)
The Irish punter that Golden got as a grad xfer for a year - O'Connell ? - was a good one with plus size for a punter
Golden also got a punter out of Cali for a year - Dalton Botts, I think - he was decent

And others.

The thread on the Most successful player who transferred out of UM? got me thinking about the most successful player who transferred TO UM. We can count Juco guys since they are technically transfers. Brock Berlin was a decent one and Shockey was a Juco transfer that balled out for us. Any others?

McKinnie
A WR from Ohio during the Erickson years - Wesley Carroll I think it was.
Vogel, the P from UF
Gerald Willis the DT from UF
Jerome McDougle and Andrew Williams both came from Hinds JC
Cortez Kennedy from some JC
The great Dan Sileo came from a JC - he was actually decent here
Greg Olsen from ND
Jeff Feagles - the real Jeff Feagles - played at a JC out West before Miami
Eddie Brown was at a JC before Miami
Duane Starks was at a JC before Miami
Cornelius Green went to a JC before Miami (DE during the Butch years)
Adrian Colbert deserves to be on this list now - xfer from Texas - solid baller for the short time he was here
Michael Boireau was at a JC before Miami (DE during the Butch years)
The Irish punter that Golden got as a grad xfer for a year - O'Connell ? - was a good one with plus size for a punter
Golden also got a punter out of Cali for a year - Dalton Botts, I think - he was decent

And others.

That's a good comprehensive list, but only one of those guys is in the NFL HoF. RIP Tez.

Advertisement
Geoff Torretta was one of the better though not among the elite. He held the fort for us when Vinny was injured in a scooter accident in 1986, thus preserving our undefeated regular season.
Didn't Geoff hold the single game passing record until his baby brother broke it? My old brain get miss-wired lately but that sure sounds familiar to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back