Most Improved?

Advertisement
It's the DLine as a whole. The fact they get plays off to get fresh bodies in the game has a made a huge difference in our D. Everyone is playing much better. We are getting to the quarterback and we are not gassed at the end of games getting gashed for big plays. TO me the DLine is the most improved.

It is either Chickillo, Rodgers or Green with the lean towards Shayon. You can't really give most improved to guys who were freshman or didn't play at all last year. You have no baseline for guys who haven't played in real situations, maybe Crawford would have had same effect last year is a similar role if given the opportunity.

Also you can't give most improved to guys that are in their second. The freshman tk sophomore jump is big for All of them, you can a at with varying degrees who improved more by quoting some stat or a few plays but all of those kids have made significantly improvement but mostly because they are a year older.

Most improved goes to the guy who has been around 3, 4 or 5 years and takes a big jump.

Chick is our best defensive player so far. But he has high expectations and it more of rebound to his normal growth trajectory from a bad sophomore year.

Rodgers was a huge liability last year and he has played well. But he still isn't a guy you can really trust against elite talent and we haven't see a real passing team yet so the jury is still out.

Shayon win out to me. He was a disaster last year at DE. He has always been very strong and he is in his fifth year so I didn't expect to him to improve much on the field and expected him to get burn for his leadership and stability. But he has become a surprisingly good DE. Still not a huge pass rushing threat but he is Very stout against the run and he has been a major reason why our DL has been much better this year. Props to him, especially with a young stud like AQM and Kamulu chasing him for reps.

The D-line.....and its not close.....they are the ones helping the secondary with their coverage by pressure the qb....last yr qbs had a year and half to throw the ball

Advertisement
Our secondary has not been tested as of yet. I will save the praise till they play a QB of note.

KC Rodgers is just ehhh. Him and Highsmith are still huge liabilities back there.

Dallas, McCord, Armbrister, & Shayon are most improved imo

Advertisement
Back