Most Improved Player

scrantoncane

Sophomore
I mentioned in another thread that I have Michael Jackson as most improved player.

Curious to hear other opinions.

Some candidates that come to mind:

Rosier
Homer
Berrios
Langham
?

Criteria is whatever you want it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gotta be Langham.

Jackson at least got some burn last year. I'm not sure Langham ever played a non-special teams snap prior to this season.

Gotta be Langham.

Jackson at least got some burn last year. I'm not sure Langham ever played a non-special teams snap prior to this season.

I guess criteria has to be that they played, or was on the team, last year.

A few more guys:

C. Perry
D. Jackson (made a big jump this year, IMO)

Advertisement
It would be amazing if Langham would get a few plays ran for him in the red zone.

He should be playing more snaps period.

He proved vs GT he's not a one hit wonder. Don't know why he isn't getting burn when Richards is still clearly not himself.

I don't think young guys who are getting their first real opportunity like Bethel & Homer belong on a "most improved" list.

Guys like Langham who have been around forever and have finally broken through belong on the list.

Jaquan Johnson is another one that comes to mind. He's become an eraser on the back end.

Advertisement
Jackson for sure. He went from being the 5th CB on last years team to one of the best CB's in the ACC up to this point.

I don't think young guys who are getting their first real opportunity like Bethel & Homer belong on a "most improved" list.

Guys like Langham who have been around forever and have finally broken through belong on the list.

Jaquan Johnson is another one that comes to mind. He's become an eraser on the back end.

I don't think Homer has improved significantly as a runner. He was always very good.

Just didn't play last year.

JJ has really become a good player, he's more and more noticeable each game. Just very reliable and a guy beginning to play looser and faster out there

Last edited:
Advertisement

JJ has really becoming a good player, he's becoming more and more noticeable each game. Just very reliable and a guy beginning to play looser and faster out there

I might be the biggest JJ fan on these boards. Just look through my posts and you’ll see.

But IMO, he was solid last year too. Just had a different role. He is playing pretty much exactly how I expected him to.

M. Jackson, Langham, D. Jackson...those guys, to me, look better this year than last.

Last edited:
It would be amazing if Langham would get a few plays ran for him in the red zone.

He should be playing more snaps period.

He proved vs GT he's not a one hit wonder. Don't know why he isn't getting burn when Richards is still clearly not himself.

One of the things I’ve seen out of this staff a few times this year that I don’t like. It seems like they don’t account for the effect that playing injured has on the quality of play. They did it with Walton too. He should have never been pounding the ball against FSU. He was clearly not himself and Homer should have been playing.

Langham should at least be given a few series back to back if the struggles continue. Of course everyone agrees when healthy Ahmmon is the clear choice, but nobody wants 82 to get hurt and he clearly hasn’t been right.

Advertisement

JJ has really becoming a good player, he's becoming more and more noticeable each game. Just very reliable and a guy beginning to play looser and faster out there

I might be the biggest JJ fan on these boards. Just look through my posts and you’ll see.

But IMO, he was solid last year too. Just had a different role. He is playing pretty much exactly how I expected him to.

M. Jackson, Langham, D. Jackson...those guys, to me, look better this year than last.

Even though we have some blue-chip DB's coming in, I bet by his SR year will be screaming and kicking that Golden didnt RS him his first year. Just a few weeks ago people had him as a JAG...

Rumph's guys really do improve greatly under him. And you can even see the progress week by week.

McDermitt was so bad last year that how he's playing this year is quite the improvement. Michael Jackson, Chad Thomas, and Rosier are obvious ones.

I wouldn't say Berrios because I think he's always been this guy. Kayaa just didn't throw to him much.

to me its without question Michael Jackson ill be honest i saw him last year a few plays and thought the kid didnt have it but hes proved me wrong and im glad he did cause now i love how the kid plays, really aggressive to the ball and always seems to be in good position.

Advertisement
Back