Most important stretch of games

Advertisement
The most important game of the season is Temple. Come out looking flat or skating by Temple and the fanbase will pick up from were they left out from last season.

Manny needs to have this team prepared and fundendmentally improved
Slightly OT, but the overall transformation of Temple is interesting. Not that they are a national power. But, considering where they were when they were booted from the Big East, their coaches, teams, and ADs have been hired at significant programs after success at Temple. Dare I say it? Could Golden have been Temple's Schnellenberger? I know, watch out for incoming. In the 17 years preceding Golden, Temple never won more than 4 games, going that four times. The other years were a collection of 0 to 3 win seasons.

Last edited:
Me and my pops was talking today about our schedule and the most important stretch is 10/24 - 11/14
UNC
@UVA
FSU
@VT

we have to go at least 3-1 in this stretch. 4-0 means we not playing around. Either one of these outcomes and we are headed to play Clemson. Also gotta win our NY6 bowl game to make a difference in recruiting.
Temple
WAG
UAB
Mich St

We start out 4-0, it will set the tone for the rest of the season. It's about building confidence to start the season after finishing 0-3 to close out last year. You win these 4 games and come back home to face pitt with a load of confidence. Offense has to come out swinging, and defense has to be stifling. We start out 4-0, we might not loose but maybe 1 game. Now I'm not saying we will start out 4-0 although we should, but if we do, this will be the most important stretch of the year. These boys have to learn how not only to win again, but to dominate and expect to win every game they play. That is what is meant by a true culture change. We will pick up a top 5 recruiting class if this happens.

Definitely the most important stretch.

But again, as what seems like usual, it sets up perfectly for us. I'm sure we'll find a way to blow it, but....

We get a week off before this stretch gets underway. The first game is home, against UNC. UNC has their bye AFTER our game, so we are literally the 8th game in a stretch of 8 in a row. Advantage, Miami (yes, comedians, I know Manny sucks after a bye. We get it).

Then we go to UVA, who will suck something fierce this year. We know this team can lose to anyone at anytime, but I fully expect to be much better than UVA this season.

Then back home for the rivalry. FSU is going to be AWFUL this season, we're home, going for 4 in a row. Miami will be a decently sized favorite in the game.

Then, IMO, the big one. 4th straight "big" game, weekend after the FSU game, which is always emotional. And we gotta go to Lane. VT has an extra day to get ready (they play the Friday before). IMO the winner of this game will win the Coastal.

Every time we go on a bye weekend some crap always happen, Never fails. You would think a team would be over prepared for a team off a break, But no we the total opposite. Matter of fact don't even give us a bye week, let us play straight the whole season then give us a break late in season, so we can recover then play a sorry game at the end.

Advertisement
Every time we go on a bye weekend some crap always happen, Never fails. You would think a team would be over prepared for a team off a break, But no we the total opposite. Matter of fact don't even give us a bye week, let us play straight the whole season then give us a break late in season, so we can recover then play a sorry game at the end.
That was just a freak thing. We will get back to normal.

For me the most important stretch is between 9/5/2020 - 11/28/2020... We win those and we're doing rather decent... ;)

Advertisement
The most important game of the season is Temple. Come out looking flat or skating by Temple and the fanbase will pick up from were they left out from last season.

Manny needs to have this team prepared and fundendmentally improved
No kidding. Another CMU type of performance and the fans will be done before the first bye week.

Me and my pops was talking today about our schedule and the most important stretch is 10/24 - 11/14
UNC
@UVA
FSU
@VT

we have to go at least 3-1 in this stretch. 4-0 means we not playing around. Either one of these outcomes and we are headed to play Clemson. Also gotta win our NY6 bowl game to make a difference in recruiting.
That’s why it is now or never for Manny. Not one team of those four teams would scare any of the big boys heading into this season. The ACC is trash besides Clemson. Miami should roll in the Coastal every year if the bus is being driven right. We need coaching and this QB to bring it!!

UNC
@UVA
FSU
@VT

I know I am a sour apple now, but what if we win all these lose four of the rest? FSU and VT have sucked like us and when did beating UVA mean anything. Who the heck did UNC beat last year, oh yeah, that one of the reasons I am a sour apple.

Advertisement
1 game at a time. Momentum is going to be critical for our team, but it starts with the Temple game. CMD needs to preach the "1 game season" model, every week. If our kids buy into that model, we'll be in store for a big season.

OP, good post, so i'll give my opinion. IF, our kids stick to the 1 game per week model, I 100% agree with you that the 4 game stretch you mentioned will be critical in our quest for the Coastal.

Temple
Wagner
UAB
Michigan State

Our 1st 4 games are our most important stretch.

They will tell us very early what kind of team Diaz has built this season

If we are not 4-0 after our first 4 games we will struggle OR have several unexpected surprises as the schedule gets tougher all season long.

You've got to win the games you're expected to win BEFORE you can take the step to the next level

Agreed. It’s getting the machine running as well as one can given all the severe restrictions placed on each team due to COVID-19. That’s why having a Top 10-15 defense, even against these scrub teams, will pay huge dividends while we get the offense humming. That’s the difference we’ll have come the tough 4 game stretch - but we have to get the offensive kinks out against the Temple’s and Wagner’s of the world first. We do that, come our date at East Lansing we’ll be purring along against Sparty.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back