Morris

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
3rd down and 12 play action actually worked.

Saw at least 5 third and 10+ situations where we ran play action.

I know Coker and Radio loved that, but these were mostly effective.

Advertisement
play action on 3rd and long is silly talk. Why take your QBs eyes off downfield to playfake something that no one is biting on anyhow.
Also takes longer & forces Morris to throw early (most likely to 1st read, which often isn't open)

play action on 3rd and long is silly talk. Why take your QBs eyes off downfield to playfake something that no one is biting on anyhow.
Also takes longer & forces Morris to throw early (most likely to 1st read, which often isn't open)

They bit. They actually assumed that we wouldn't dare pass on thrid and long considering our passing on 1st and 2nd.

It worked there cause they were actually still more afraid of the run, even on 3rd and12, then they were of the pass.

It worked there cause they were actually still more afraid of the run, even on 3rd and12, then they were of the pass.

I suppose. I'd have to watch replay to see if anyone was truly biting on it. I think it's more out of habit than anything.
Come to think of it we don't have many downfield passing plays that don't have some sort of play fake in them. If it isn't a screen or a quick slant then we're PA'ing.

Advertisement

I suppose. I'd have to watch replay to see if anyone was truly biting on it. I think it's more out of habit than anything.
Come to think of it we don't have many downfield passing plays that don't have some sort of play fake in them. If it isn't a screen or a quick slant then we're PA'ing.

Maybe they didn't bite, but either way, Morris had ALL day on those plays. Just watch the 3rd and longs from the late 3rd and 4th. We ran it a LOT.

Advertisement
Back