Morris will be the best since Dorsey!

FIUcane56

Freshman
Is that saying much???

I've watched the BC game a couple more times since Saturday, killing time until tomorrow. More and more, I've realized that this kid is really sharp! If you rewatch some of his throws, you can see not only is there zip on his throws, but precision/accuracy, timing and great execution. A lot of this seems like all he needed was some great coaching and it is finally starting to pay off, but really, if you reflect back on his career, he played pretty well as a true freshman and his start again Maryland was pretty solid until the last few minutes when he threw that costly pick.

Now as a much more mature person and QB, he really looks like will will continue to improve and give us that leadership to possibly win a few of those close games. The only question mark is how he checks down. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on perspective), there were not many instances where he needed to hit his 2nd or 3rd option, it was pretty much him getting the ball to the receiver as designed.

I'm not sold on us winning tomorrow, but I doubt it will be due to the offense sputtering! I think that Morris will bring us some happy days offensively!!

:neonu:

Advertisement
Still not sold on morris til he starts making that 2nd or 3rd read
Really? ADD the 7 drops and tell me he didn't rock it. He made every read and didn't throw when nothing was open. Your just bringing up old garbage. Tell me three plays that he didn't check down properly and cost us positive yardage. FELL free to post the youtube vid made by stats and times. YOU go through the progressions and call the routes and series of misreads.

Last edited:
I've been saying this all summer, huge Morris fan. The two throws to Hurns and Scott (that he dropped) showed some of the talent he has.

Advertisement
not really saying much..its kinda like saying carter 2 is lil wayne's best album..

Advertisement
not really saying much..its kinda like saying carter 2 is lil wayne's best album..

I know... but clearly I think all us Canes fans are yearning for more than Berlin, Wright, Freeman, Marve, Harris... right? Its been 10 freakin' years since Dorsey! sheesh!

I know... but clearly I think all us Canes fans are yearning for more than Berlin, Wright, Freeman, Marve, Harris... right? Its been 10 freakin' years since Dorsey! sheesh!

no doubt..he looked very solid against bc..lets see what he does tomorrow..btw Berlin was criminally underrated by cane fans

Advertisement
...btw Berlin was criminally underrated by cane fans

Completely agree! He was definitely the comeback kid in quite a few contests... I just can't get over how he blew the Tennessee game. Its my lasting memory of him outside the UF comeback... But yea, after him, it gets scary very fast!

Next Dorsey is playing his senior season in Jersey!

Jeebus, kid hasn't played a down of CFB and you are wiping **** off your chin. Same **** with Marve, Same **** with Kyle. Same **** with Jacory.

Christ. Stop this ****. You have no ******* idea how a kid will be in college. None.

Too early to tell, but lets be honest. The bar has been rather low since that time. Jacory and company had some good games and some moments here and there, but we haven't had solid QB play. I want SM to set the bar higher than all that and make everyone believe in UM again.

Advertisement
Morris is a man

45.gif

Really? ADD the 7 drops and tell me he didn't rock it. He made every read and didn't throw when nothing was open. Your just bringing up old garbage. Tell me three plays that he didn't check down properly and cost us positive yardage. FELL free to post the youtube vid made by stats and times. YOU go through the progressions and call the routes and series of misreads.

Really? We didnt get a chance to see morris make a read because his first target was always open. The play off scotts chest, although it was a deeper past, he was still staring at the spot he was going to throw to. There was another play where he didnt have his option so he ran for the first which was a good play. Im not trying to bring up old crap, but i have still yet to see morris use the whole field to his advantage. And because i feel that way doesnt make it true, so your response comes off as a tad assanine. Trust me i hope he is all world just as much as you do.

Too early to tell, but lets be honest. The bar has been rather low since that time. Jacory and company had some good games and some moments here and there, but we haven't had solid QB play. I want SM to set the bar higher than all that and make everyone believe in UM again.
Exactly

Is that saying much???

I've watched the BC game a couple more times since Saturday, killing time until tomorrow. More and more, I've realized that this kid is really sharp! If you rewatch some of his throws, you can see not only is there zip on his throws, but precision/accuracy, timing and great execution. A lot of this seems like all he needed was some great coaching and it is finally starting to pay off, but really, if you reflect back on his career, he played pretty well as a true freshman and his start again Maryland was pretty solid until the last few minutes when he threw that costly pick.

Now as a much more mature person and QB, he really looks like will will continue to improve and give us that leadership to possibly win a few of those close games. The only question mark is how he checks down. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on perspective), there were not many instances where he needed to hit his 2nd or 3rd option, it was pretty much him getting the ball to the receiver as designed.

I'm not sold on us winning tomorrow, but I doubt it will be due to the offense sputtering! I think that Morris will bring us some happy days offensively!!

:neonu:

Morris! yeah dude

Advertisement
Back