Morris back at practice

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
Just a helmet, but still good news that he's out there throwing.

I didn't see anything posted here about today's practice...

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040512aae.html

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The University of Miami football team took to the field once again on Thursday morning for the 12th practice of the spring. The team only has two practices left before the annual BankUnited CanesFest and Spring Football Game on April 14 at Sun Life Stadium.

Weather Report: 77 degrees with winds out of the south at 12 mph and 71% humidity.

Thursday’s practice started with high-paced, high-intensity circuits of drills, which warmed the players up and got them ready for a tough practice.

After stretching, the focus was on special teams as individual drills and full-team kick-off and field goal drills took place. Defensive ends Anthony Chickillo and Jalen Grimble both blocked kicks during these drills.

Next, the offense and defense split up and the quarterbacks practiced their timing on routes with their pass catchers. There were four quarterbacks throwing the ball today, however, as opposed to the three we have been seeing all spring. Stephen Morris was back in action, trading in his sideline whistle for a red number 17 jersey and a helmet. Although he wasn’t wearing pads, he took reps in drills and looked sharp throwing the ball.

After a break, the Canes partook in the Category 5 drill which consists of a running back trying to get through three levels of defense: a lineman, a linebacker and a defensive back. The offense and defense were cheering their respective sides on and emotions were high as Eduardo Clements and walk-on Joey McNeill were the only two to get through all three levels.

During full-team action, Phillip Dorsett, Kendall Thompkins and Dallas Crawford stepped up and were making plays all over the field. Offensive highlights included a high snag by Thompkins and a deep ball from Gray Crow to Dorsett. The defense was on point once again today, as there were several plays on the ball. Gionni Paul had two diving pass deflections, which seems to be becoming his signature play. Ladarius Gunter also had a nice pass deflection as well as an interception off of a Raphael Kirby deflection. Not to be left out, senior safety Vaughn Telemaque intercepted a pass. Another impressive highlight came from cornerback Thomas Finnie as he pumped the defense up by putting freshman offensive tackle Ereck Flowers on his back.

Cane Spotting: Canes JoJo Nicolas, Lee Chambers, Randy Phillips and Micanor Regis were on the sidelines watching practice today. NFL stars Jimmy Graham and Santana Moss were also in the building.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice to hear about Grimble making a play. Also, agree that its good for Morris to be out there throwing. Hope it means that he is ahead of schedule, AND that hes feeling the competition and knows he needs to be at his best soon.

Joey McNeill? Is he a running back? Get some info on this kid ASAP; we need another back in the worst way. I dont think it would be good for both Duke and Dillard to play this year, Ideally, I'd like to see Dillard 'shirt.....

Advertisement
Joey McNeill? Is he a running back? Get some info on this kid ASAP; we need another back in the worst way. I dont think it would be good for both Duke and Dillard to play this year, Ideally, I'd like to see Dillard 'shirt.....

A walk on back isn't going to see meaningful carries. And if he does we are in some deep trouble this year

A walk on back isn't going to see meaningful carries. And if he does we are in some deep trouble this year

I am much more concerned with who the three levels were that let a **** walk on get through them.

Advertisement
Back