Morgan Ellison, Potential RB Recruit

Joshchevy

Recruit
Morgan Ellison (#45 RB in the nation), from Ohio, is a freak athlete who was underrated & under recruited because of injuries his SO & JR years. He was the The Opening MVP for the Columbus region with a sparq score of 131.19 at 6'0" 219 lbs. He runs a 4.69 (laser-timed) 40, 36-inch vert & 4-second 20-yd shuttle. I know it sounds crazy, but I think he could be our answer to our need for another RB in this class. Obviously a longshot considering he is from Ohio.

Here is SR year highlight video. Enjoy.

[/HUDL] Senior Football season - Morgan Ellison highlights - Hudl [HUDL]

Advertisement
Morgan Ellison (#45 RB in the nation), from Ohio, is a freak athlete who was underrated & under recruited because of injuries his SO & JR years. He was the The Opening MVP for the Columbus region with a sparq score of 131.19 at 6'0" 219 lbs. He runs a 4.69 (laser-timed) 40, 36-inch vert & 4-second 20-yd shuttle. I know it sounds crazy, but I think he could be our answer to our need for another RB in this class. Obviously a longshot considering he is from Ohio.

Senior Football season - Morgan Ellison highlights - Hudl

Get his 4.7 40 time out of my face as a RB. I DE who are faster. How bout this, we keep a scholly and count this experience as a L.

Link to article
The Hurry Up: Staff Reaches Out To Columbus Running Back While Four-Star Athlete Shuts Down Recruitment Without Coveted Ohio State Offer | Eleven Warriors

....BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
There's no doubt in my mind Pickerington Central three-star running back Morgan Ellison is one of the best prospects in the state, but a devastating injury forced him to sit out most of his sophomore and junior seasons.

The 6-foot-1, 221-pounder came back with a vengeance for his senior year, rushing for 1,841 yards and 29 touchdowns to lead the Tigers to the state semifinals. Ellison's dream offer from Ohio State unfortunately never materialized because the Buckeyes were in on five-star running back Cam Akers, so he committed to Ohio in early November.

Akers committed to Florida State late last month, leaving Ohio State with only one running back in the Class of 2017 in four-star J.K. Dobbins. And with the Buckeyes' scholarship situation clearing itself up in recent weeks, it's looking increasingly likely they'll add another.

So where does that leave Ellison?

The staff has already set its sights on a few in-state targets to round out its second-ranked recruiting class, and running backs coach Tony Alford reached out to Ellison on Wednesday night.

“He thinks I can play there and they want another running back,” Ellison told Eleven Warriors.

He hopes to take an official visit before National Signing Day, but is not going to get his hopes up for an offer.

“If that's what God wants, then it will happen,” Ellison said. “I'm just trusting in him.”

Ellison is considered the 46th-best player in the state and the No. 77 running back overall in the senior class, but is also one of the highest-rated prospects committed to a Mid-American Conference program.

Advertisement
"If that's what God wants, then it will happen,” Ellison said. “I'm just trusting in him.”

Sounds like CMR's type of guy

Link to article
The Hurry Up: Staff Reaches Out To Columbus Running Back While Four-Star Athlete Shuts Down Recruitment Without Coveted Ohio State Offer | Eleven Warriors

There's no doubt in my mind Pickerington Central three-star running back Morgan Ellison is one of the best prospects in the state, but a devastating injury forced him to sit out most of his sophomore and junior seasons.

The 6-foot-1, 221-pounder came back with a vengeance for his senior year, rushing for 1,841 yards and 29 touchdowns to lead the Tigers to the state semifinals. Ellison's dream offer from Ohio State unfortunately never materialized because the Buckeyes were in on five-star running back Cam Akers, so he committed to Ohio in early November.

Akers committed to Florida State late last month, leaving Ohio State with only one running back in the Class of 2017 in four-star J.K. Dobbins. And with the Buckeyes' scholarship situation clearing itself up in recent weeks, it's looking increasingly likely they'll add another.

The staff has already set its sights on a few in-state targets to round out its second-ranked recruiting class, and running backs coach Tony Alford reached out to Ellison on Wednesday night.

“He thinks I can play there and they want another running back,” Ellison told Eleven Warriors.

He hopes to take an official visit before National Signing Day, but is not going to get his hopes up for an offer.

“If that's what God wants, then it will happen,” Ellison said. “I'm just trusting in him.”

Ellison is considered the 46th-best player in the state and the No. 77 running back overall in the senior class, but is also one of the highest-rated prospects committed to a Mid-American Conference program.

If Ellison doesn't get an OSU offer then I would think that he could be a possibility. Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in that 4.69 40 especially since he has been hurt the last two years. Looks like he could be a real thumper at 6'1" 221 lbs. If the kid has good short area explosion, lateral movement and vision and he can run sub 4.6 then I say **** yes bring him on down.

Just watched his available highlights and this kid is a take all day everyday. Claims a 4.56 laser 40 a 3.9 shuttle and a 38 inch vertical. I would love to add a workhorse type hammer like this kid to the roster. Ohio was the best he could get in terms of offers? I find that hard to believe.

I just had a conversation with God and he told me that Ellison belongs at UM.

Get his 4.7 40 time out of my face as a RB. I DE who are faster. How bout this, we keep a scholly and count this experience as a L.

isnt that what duke rna.

Advertisement
Film looks good and he runs hard. Wonder if the staff is aware of him.If Ohio St thinks he can play then we should be looking at him too IMO.

Any highly talented running back who's goal is to get to the league should be taking notice of Miamis depth chart right now and be contacting the coaches. This is a depth chart dream for the right kid.

Film looks good and he runs hard. Wonder if the staff is aware of him.If Ohio St thinks he can play then we should be looking at him too IMO.
Ohio State likes him so much they haven't offered.

We could, however, use another RB with a history of devastating injuries. That 4.7 screams freak athlete. The MAC is getting a good one.

We could, however, use another RB with a history of devastating injuries. That 4.7 screams freak athlete. The MAC is getting a good one.

As always, the Chise with the Hard Truth. People don't think Richt's staff haven't looked at this kid?

Now Butch, on the other hand.....

Advertisement
Link to article

If Ellison doesn't get an OSU offer then I would think that he could be a possibility. Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in that 4.69 40 especially since he has been hurt the last two years. Looks like he could be a real thumper at 6'1" 221 lbs. If the kid has good short area explosion, lateral movement and vision and he can run sub 4.6 then I say **** yes bring him on down.

I'd rather have a 4.7 guy who can break tackles than a 4.5 guy who goes down at first contact.

Edge ran a 4.9 40 when he came to the U. Yearby can't run faster than a 4.69 40. At 220lbs 4.69 in HS is fast. The 36 inch vert proves he's explosive in short areas which is huge for a RB. You guys have no idea.

In the Hudl video it says 4.56 laser 40 yd time. Also, most guys at the RB position have a history of injuries. For depth this year he might not be a bad option. He did play his senior season and had 29 td's and 1841 yards in Div.1 which is the highest there.Did you watch his video? With less than 5 days left to signing day who do you suggest we go after? Not many 5 stars looking to commit to us without even taking a visit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back