More words on Rosier from Richt

JustCanesBaby

Redshirt Freshman
"Coach Richt and I had a private session after our meeting," Rosier said. "And he said, 'I'm proud of you. When I first came here, I didn't think you'd ever play for me.' I took that to heart because I'd never want a coach to say that to me. And then he said, 'After this last year, I have seen you grow and become a totally different quarterback. I have faith in you and I have trust in you.' He told all of us, 'It's nothing personal. I think all of you can lead this team.' He believes in all of these guys. I just think he has faith in me right now and that's why he picked me to be the quarterback."

What a blunt but honest thing to say by Richt. It just shows you how much work Rosier put in in the offseason and how bad he really wanted to be the guy and not let competition get to him.

University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Advertisement
Seeing him break the power clean record was a good sign. Him and Walton have been the leaders on offense since the spring if you go by the pics/vids the school puts out. Give me a guy people rally around and who earned the job over someone who gets handed the keys and doesn't have the full respect of his teammates. Good decision by Richt not to give this to Perry.

This could go along with what the insiders were saying that rosier wouldn't start for this team but he worked his but off

Seeing him break the power clean record was a good sign. Him and Walton have been the leaders on offense since the spring if you go by the pics/vids the school puts out. Give me a guy people rally around and who earned the job over someone who gets handed the keys and doesn't have the full respect of his teammates. Good decision by Richt not to give this to Perry.

It has been said here before ,that the odds of Perry getting the job were very very slim . Peter Ariz got everyone fired up by making that prediction but fact is ,rarely does a freshman come in to a P5 school and start. Compound that by Perry not coming in early and he had virtually no shot.

It has been said here before ,that the odds of Perry getting the job were very very slim . Peter Ariz got everyone fired up by making that prediction but fact is ,rarely does a freshman come in to a P5 school and start. Compound that by Perry not coming in early and he had virtually no shot.

While all of that is true, the credit belongs with Rosier for stepping up and becoming a leader. Your QB has to be a leader. There's just no other way.

Advertisement
Good **** by Malik. Shows you what kind of person he is and he's no quitter. That's what you call playing with a chip on your shoulder. That's how CANES play! Most kids would of transferred, but Malik put that work in. Good for him! Sounds like we found another leader. Now curb stomp FSU

All the QBs have improved under Richt. Great thing to see. Just imagine what a guy like Perry will do with the same coaching. Good days ahead.

Malik is easy to root for, that was an impressive interview he did. I feel good about. Coach Richt had 4 options and he won. Now lets win.

Malik is easy to root for, that was an impressive interview he did. I feel good about. Coach Richt had 4 options and he won. Now lets win.

I really feel good about all of them. It's going to be a great season.

Advertisement
This is what launched our program in the early 80s. We were the underdogs and Malik was definitely the underdog but he did what all great canes have done and that's let their play do the talking.

Pastor Richt is what passionate conservatism ought to be. That's some being the leader of young men sheeeiiiiiiiiit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back