More transfer chaos coming

Advertisement
Scholarships are already guaranteed for 4 years at the P5 level.
I think the idea being players need to agree to play for the full scholarship or something (or to a full degree). Not sure if that would be legally allowed.

Maybe they make a rule that if a player who signed somewhere does leave, they can't get a a scholarship at the next place, but then NIL would cover the difference anyways so that's moot. They could maybe make other rules related to this but I can't imagine they would work without killing the walkon/preferred walk on part of the sport.

Tldr; they are in a fun corner with this and I am curious if and how they figure out a fix for it.

Wonder if a fix the NCAA could do, is to allow multiple year guaranteed scholarships instead of only 1 year.
How does that fix anything unless it requires the athlete to stay. But then why would you sign. Being able to transfer every year is going to ruin college football. Just going have kids jumping every year trying to get another bag. Not saying dont give any transfers but being able to do it every year is just dumb

How does that fix anything unless it requires the athlete to stay. But then why would you sign. Being able to transfer every year is going to ruin college football. Just going have kids jumping every year trying to get another bag. Not saying dont give any transfers but being able to do it every year is just dumb
The possible idea is that it would provide extra security to a player staying on a team. And in exchange for that it keeps continuity for coaches. Just an idea

Advertisement
The possible idea is that it would provide extra security to a player staying on a team. And in exchange for that it keeps continuity for coaches. Just an idea
Understand but as a student/athlete(lol) would you sign a multiple year scholarship or just sign every year and collect bags every year. You will get a few but given the choice............

I think the idea being players need to agree to play for the full scholarship or something (or to a full degree). Not sure if that would be legally allowed.

Maybe they make a rule that if a player who signed somewhere does leave, they can't get a a scholarship at the next place, but then NIL would cover the difference anyways so that's moot. They could maybe make other rules related to this but I can't imagine they would work without killing the walkon/preferred walk on part of the sport.

Tldr; they are in a fun corner with this and I am curious if and how they figure out a fix for it.

I always thought that the NCAA should limit the scholarship cap from 85 to say 75, I thought that would bring a little parity to the game. But I think the transfer portal's doing a better job of culling the herd.

Advertisement

The wild wild west just got a little wilder.

Unlimited transfers?

One of the athletes needs to sue and say that the NCAA's four years of eligibility is unconstitutional and needs to be overturned.

Combine unlimited transfers with unlimited eligibility! We could have quarterbacks skipping the NFL entirely per lucrative deals, with teams littered with 28, 29, and 30 year old players.

Unlimited transfers?

One of the athletes needs to sue and say that the NCAA's four years of eligibility is unconstitutional and needs to be overturned.

Combine unlimited transfers with unlimited eligibility! We could have quarterbacks skipping the NFL entirely per lucrative deals, with teams littered with 28, 29, and 30 year old players.
LOL Chris Weinke Says hello

Maybe we can allow inseason, week to week transfers too. That way we can have an NBA style all star match up every week...
CFB has become a joke

Advertisement
Advertisement
College football is a minor league for the NFL, very disappointing to say the least.
This is worse. Take MLB. The minors are players who are tied to the parent club. They are not free agents each season. No billion dollar sports league can be a viable business with all players being yearly free agents. CFB needs multi-year guaranteed $ contracts. Incentive based would be smart.

Would this rule open up transfer possibilities for Salter from Liberty. I know he went from Tennessee to Liberty. If it opens him up then I would make a silent run at him. While all the Ward and Howard stuff clears up

Advertisement
Back