More transfer chaos coming

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's only for 14 days. If double transfers transfer now, the NCAA could be able to enforce the rule by next September when the games start. Anyone double transferring with this news is getting bad legal advice
so exactly what happened last year, minus a judge getting involved.

It's only for 14 days. If double transfers transfer now, the NCAA could be able to enforce the rule by next September when the games start. Anyone double transferring with this news is getting bad legal advice

Right. Probably applies more to hoops right now?

Advertisement
Hilarious. The NCAA opened the door to lawsuits by fighting Alston tooth and nail and now playeras see they have an ally in the courts against the NCAA
Not sure I'd risk it if I'm a player contemplating it. If it's already done, though, I'm lawyering for immediate eligibility!

Not sure I'd risk it if I'm a player contemplating it. If it's already done, though, I'm lawyering for immediate eligibility!
I agree that is a player I would wait out the 14 day TRO period before making a decision, but keep in mind that one of the criteria to granting a TRO is; likelihood of winning the case. So the judge that grants a TRO is usually pretty convinced that the plaintiff is likely to win on the merits as well.

Of course the NCAA will appeal any final ruling but that could take years and for some players seeking a 2nd transfer that is all the time they need.

Advertisement
Wonder if a fix the NCAA could do, is to allow multiple year guaranteed scholarships instead of only 1 year.

Advertisement
Hilarious. The NCAA opened the door to lawsuits by fighting Alston tooth and nail and now playeras see they have an ally in the courts against the NCAA

It’s a straight clown show. They just can’t seem to get out of their own way.

I would like to know how they come to these decisions, what kind of legal input they’re getting, and the quality of this input.

Starting with their investigation of us in 2010 through 2013, with them borderline committing criminal acts, it just seems like it’s all gone downhill from there.

It’s like they had the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe advising them. Jackie Chiles would be a better consigliere compared to the quality that they get now. I mean this literally. A fictional character in a comedy show would’ve done a better job.

Advertisement
Back