More to be excited about: WR blocking---> first TD

Southcane

Senior
Ahmmon Richards TD shook off the rust of the offense and woke up the team. Ahmmon showed amazing skills and put a great effort to avoid tacklers. It would have been a great catch and run regardless, but the TD couldn't have happened without Coley's great blocking effort, staying with his man all the way until AR got in the end zone. Love his toughness and tenacity. What a difference good coaching can do.

[video=youtube;om_nvvvPlJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om_nvvvPlJs[/video]

Advertisement
The block by Walton like his hit on special team. Kid is a football player. Miami's receiver blocking was really good this year, first time in many years.

Coley has always been a good downfield blocker. If you look at other guys highlights you'll see a lot of coley blocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I'm with you but it seemed to me the whole team woke up with the scuffle on the prior series.

The block by Walton like his hit on special team. Kid is a football player. Miami's receiver blocking was really good this year, first time in many years.

The blocking has been GREAT this year, but it has been improving for several years. Problem had been the putrid D, and horrific play calling under James Coley, not WR blocking. We don't tend to focus on how good WRs are blocking when the play calling SUCKS, like it did. It was good, though. This year it has been on another level.

Advertisement
3 thing very good things-

AR82 is elite
Walton gives 110%
Coley blocked that punk 5 yards past the sideline.

Advertisement
Back