More schools after Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were Perry’s only offer back when he committed and he didn’t have many others until five new ones came last week. Now he holds Auburn, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Purdue, and UCF.

-Says “I’m taking everything into consideration but I’m still a hard Miami commit,” “You never know what could happen or what might pop up after you commit. I’m not blocking anyone out completely but I’m strong with Miami. I’ve been committed almost a year now and it feels like I did it a long time ago. I’m the same old me though and it’s going to take a lot to change my mind.”

-(6-1, 205) feels just as strongly about the Hurricanes now as he ever did. Their continued pursuit of him probably has something to do with that.

-Says “They’ve been staying on me a lot, a whole lot,” “They were up at the school to watch me practice but they keep up with me so much. I call them when I can and we stay on the phone for a long time. If I do it at the right time when all the coaches are together, they pass the phone around and each one takes their turn with it.” :eekeyes:

-understands that schools can sometimes take their committed prospects for granted. Luckily that hasn’t been happening in his case.

-Says “They really need me on the team and they want me to be a Miami Hurricane just like I said I would,” “They recruit hard because they want to see how I develop once I get on campus. It’s a good feeling actually, knowing they don’t take me for granted. They could easily forget about me trying to get somebody else.”

-talks with the staff have a more relaxed feeling since he already jumped on board.

-Says “Sometimes they call just to ask how school is going,” “We talk about the whole atmosphere at Miami, what the school has to offer, and the football program. They were describing the new uniforms and they told me about the city. They understand that we’re also regular people and we like to go out for a good time.”

-certainly being recruited for defense but he goes both ways for his high school team. Last year, he had 78 tackles and 7 sacks to go along with 57 carries for 582 yards and 7 touchdowns.

-Says “As a linebacker on the defensive side, I’m very aggressive,” “I’m good at diagnosing plays and attacking the box the right way. I also play running back but I carry over a lot of the same stuff I use on defense to be the best that I can. I carry the ball with power and I’m not afraid of contact.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/More-Schools-Making-a-Play-for-LB-Commit-Charles-Perry-28723815

Advertisement
He doesnt sound like he is going anywhere, but still just listening and probably will take visits. Its when you hear that we havent talked to the kid in a few weeks or that we used to call everyday, now every other week. Gotta stay consistent. I think thats how we pulled in last year's class and just kept on recruiting all the way through.

Really like his attitude. He's not a diva, but is smart about the process. Keeping an open mind and taking everything into perspective is not a bad thing. Luckily the staff hasn't cooled on him at all.

Advertisement
our coaches need to be like

208.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back