More reasons not to pick LSU/Clemson/Alabama

Advertisement
These idiots have never been. I wonder if I should tell him about my multiple Indian friends and family members who have lived and worked in that state and do quite well. One of them a female immigrant from India began her career in Alabama and now is routinely clearing 200k per year, truly the land of opportunity yet people will find a way to complain, yes it’s not perfect but it sure as **** was and is a great place for many “non white male” people. Mostly people who ***** about it have never been and only read about it from articles written by people who live in NY.
Quit your **** man. Those of us who actually know the state very well know you’re full of it. Lol

These idiots have never been. I wonder if I should tell him about my multiple Indian friends and family members who have lived and worked in that state and do quite well. One of them a female immigrant from India began her career in Alabama and now is routinely clearing 200k per year, truly the land of opportunity yet people will find a way to complain, yes it’s not perfect but it sure as **** was and is a great place for many “non white male” people. Mostly people who ***** about it have never been and only read about it from articles written by people who live in NY.
I grew up on Long Island...until I moved when I was 26. I also lived for 2 years in Alabama. It sucks exactly as everyone says it does.

I grew up on Long Island...until I moved when I was 26. I also lived for 2 years in Alabama. It sucks exactly as everyone says it does.
Lol and many people live well there. It depends on your preferences. A dentist for example lives much better in Alabama than Long Island, in LI they’d be paying a significant higher amount of taxes and private practice is a struggle in such an anti business place.

Advertisement
Quit your **** man. Those of us who actually know the state very well know you’re full of it. Lol
Lmao I also know it very well. You can buy an incredible house for good price, so that’s pretty nice, just one example. Great state to own a business as well. Also people tend to be a lot friendlier than those around here.

Lol and many people live well there. It depends on your preferences. A dentist for example lives much better in Alabama than Long Island, in LI they’d be paying a significant higher amount of taxes and private practice is a struggle in such an anti business place.
I agree having moved from LI because of property taxes and cost of living. Florida doesn't have the property taxes but hone values are still high in most places. Alabama had low property taxes...but they have the state income tax that Florida doesn't have...and where I lived had a 10% sales tax...which was also applied to groceries.

So everytime you go to Publix...it's an extra $10 on top of every 100 you spend on milk bread and all your other basic groceries. I found that ridiculous...it hurts lower income people the most.

Anyways...most of the people I came across were not nice and friendly like southerners like to claim they are...and the local paper ran a front page story about how 3 kids scored above a 25 on the ACTs. That's pathetic that they think that's something to be proud of. They have no idea how far behind the curve they are in that state.

Advertisement
Gotta disagree wicha on that one, I did a lot of work in bama last year and there’s NO WAY a dentist is making $ in that MF
with all them raggedy *** grills I saw. I went to Walmart and thought I was at a Goddam Jack-O-Lantern convention.

Gotta disagree wicha on that one, I did a lot of work in bama last year and there’s NO WAY a dentist is making $ in that MF
with all them raggedy *** grills I saw. I went to Walmart and thought I was at a Goddam Jack-O-Lantern convention.
View attachment 89971
That’s exactly how they do make money. Far less competition. I know a dentist there making 7 figures. Not only competition though, laws are easier, and so are taxes Alabama.
[ISPOILER][/ISPOILER]

Huntsville, Alabama has more people with a Masters Degree and/or a PhD per capita than any other city in the U.S.
Anyway, it's cool. Please stay away. I love my Canes but **** living and raising kids in Miami.

Advertisement
Huntsville, Alabama has more people with a Masters Degree and/or a PhD per capita than any other city in the U.S.
Anyway, it's cool. Please stay away. I love my Canes but **** living and raising kids in Miami.
Please elaborate on living and raising kids in Miami.?
Edit: please source the Huntsville PhD stat.
A lot of cities claim that and it’s usually due to having a large college or prestigious academic program where most of the faculty has a doctorate. I’m sure Gainesville Ann Arbor and even Athens have a lot of phd’s.

Last edited:
Because of NASA. They all moved there for work. I can assure you the vast majority of that talent pool wasn't born and raised in Alabama.

Advertisement
The money they get COMBINED with cost of living. Feels like even more.

Yea loads of free money combined with everything free makes for a pretty good life ANYWHERE and can even make the worst states in the union much more tolerable to live in..

Advertisement
Back