More on 2021 class nationally

Advertisement

I’ll fix it for accuracy:

Of the top 100 players in the 2021 class, 48 are going to be paid to go to one of five programs: Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama and LSU. And there are still more payments for commitments to be made.

So nearly half of the most talented players in high school football will be paid to play at those five programs.

A huge issue is that college ball isn’t national anymore. Literally no one cares about the pac12. USC needs to get back in a big way. It will make the sport better. Us getting back for the same reason obv. The wealth needs to be spread geographically.

Also we got two of those guys yessir!!!

I’ll fix it for accuracy:

Of the top 100 players in the 2021 class, 48 are going to be paid to go to one of five programs: Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama and LSU. And there are still more payments for commitments to be made.
So nearly half of the most talented players in high school football will be paid to play at those five programs.
I wish I was shocked in reading this .

Advertisement
I mean... There's really no fix to this.

i think expanding the playoffs to 8 teams could help. It gives other programs exposure outside of those top 4-5 programs, and helps them “sell” to recruits

if I think of college basketball, Gonzaga basically built their program because of their performances in the March Madness tourney.

College football is becoming pretty boring. This image likeness stuff can't come fast enough. We need any advantage we can get.
It’s not becoming. It is. Clemson/Bama first couple of volumes were entertaining. It’s at the point where I won’t even watch. And I appreciate them adding OSU, LSU, and Georgia to that, but other than LSU’s lightning in a bottle last year it is Clemson/Bama then OSU/Georgia with Oklahoma then everybody else.

i think expanding the playoffs to 8 teams could help. It gives other programs exposure outside of those top 4-5 programs, and helps them “sell” to recruits

if I think of college basketball, Gonzaga basically built their program because of their performances in the March Madness tourney.
Okay I can see that. I do agree it should be 8 teams.

Advertisement

Good tweet. It's very apparent on the field too. Watching Alabama play last night I couldn't help but be amazed by their skill position players. We don't have one guy in that class - they've got a position room full of athletic freaks.

The monopoly can be broken, but short or a rule change, it's going to take a charismatic coach at a traditional powerhouse like USC / Texas / Miami saying no más.

Okay I can see that. I do agree it should be 8 teams.
I think they should expand it to 6 teams just to remove the current headache they've got of a Cinci / UCF et al who go undefeated all year.

Just lock it down though - Power 5 Conference Championship Game winners are in. One at large. Undefeated G5 team gets in over the second ACC / SEC team - sorry, you lost your qualifier by losing your Championship game.

Advertisement
I think they should expand it to 6 teams just to remove the current headache they've got of a Cinci / UCF et al who go undefeated all year.

Just lock it down though - Power 5 Conference Championship Game winners are in. One at large. Undefeated G5 team gets in over the second ACC / SEC team - sorry, you lost your qualifier by losing your Championship game.
They just snubbed Cincy out right in a year they had every reason to let them get a shot to prove something against someone. They instead let Oklahoma have that spot. IMO to prevent any uproar from Cincy had they won that game. It is the UCF effect from when they knocked off Auburn. The committee doesn't want another g5 running around claiming they are Natl Champs.

Advertisement
Hey Ari, write and article stating these
Schools pay dudes and the NCAA allows it.
There have been many articles written about it and the NCAA doesn’t care.SHT HBO( I think it was HBO) had several Auburn players point blank tell how they got paid,How much they got paid and who paid them.

you know what came of it..zip.Nada.Zero.Not one fcking thing.

The NCAA will come down on a Miami or an Ole Miss or some other school they feel id expendable for a hard slap but they are not gonna come down on their meal tickets the Clemson’s,Bama,UGA’s of the world.Aint gonna happen.

There have been many articles written about it and the NCAA doesn’t care.SHT HBO( I think it was HBO) had several Auburn players point blank tell how they got paid,How much they got paid and who paid them.

you know what came of it..zip.Nada.Zero.Not one fcking thing.

The NCAA will come down on a Miami or an Ole Miss or some other school they feel id expendable for a hard slap but they are not gonna come down on their meal tickets the Clemson’s,Bama,UGA’s of the world.Aint gonna happen.
Money baby! I was being tongue and cheek with my man Ari. I am as frustrated as you bud. College football is not as cool as it once was but that could be me just getting old and having kids.

last year, dudes from LSU were getting paid on National TV! Nuttin’

edit- I also hope a meteor hits Bristol, CT, they share in a ton of he blame. I loathe ESPN almost as much as ND.

A huge issue is that college ball isn’t national anymore. Literally no one cares about the pac12. USC needs to get back in a big way. It will make the sport better. Us getting back for the same reason obv. The wealth needs to be spread geographically.

Also we got two of those guys yessir!!!
we had it rolling for close to 30 years, but we took it for granted : I guess we figure we could just put any old coach in their like we did during that run and things would just keep going : You think about it we had a real good run of coaches during those glory years :

Advertisement
Back