More Kaaya Stats

UM has a great defense. So clock management and scoring efficiently is what you want to do on offense. If your defense is stout there is no reason to be throwing 50 times a game.

Advertisement
Kaaya 12th in the nation in passing Efficiency ( VTech's Jerrod Evans 3rd N.Carolinas Mitch Trubusky 6th)

Kaaya 14th in yards per completion (Kizer 5th Lamar Jackson 7th)

Kaaya 8th in yards per pass attempt (Kizer 3rd, Trubinsky 9th, L. Jackson 12th)

Kaaya 18th in completion percentage (Trubinksy #1 at 76%!!!! WTF??)

Additionally Kaaya has looked much better this last two games then his first two games

trending up?

Trubinski might be the best passer in the ACC.

Jackson's running ability makes him the best QB in the ACC with Watson right behind him. These two,as we have all seen, can takeover a game .

Last edited:
Kaaya 12th in the nation in passing Efficiency ( VTech's Jerrod Evans 3rd N.Carolinas Mitch Trubusky 6th)

Additionally Kaaya has looked much better this last two games then his first two games

trending up?

Jackson's running ability makes him the best QB in the ACC with Watson right behind him. These two,as we have all seen, can takeover a game .

Tribbing (goog?) is actually a great passer.

Thank the gods that their defense plays the run like Dorito did.

One more, Kaaya is a Cane and still have shot at playoffs. Those other guys seasons are done.

Not that I think this would happen, but if UNC runs the table and wins the ACCCG, they'll probably be in the playoff.

i doubt it, their schedule can't get them into the layoff with a loss. Im not sure Miami would make it if they ran the table, thanks to fsu and nd our schedule looks like crap. We'd have one quality win and zero respect so I imagine a 1 loss sec team or Ohio state could beat us out. Acc may be getting closer to the sec on the field, but it will take years until fans and voters internalize that and stop assuming a 1 loss sec team is better than an undefeated acc team.

TV $$$ will walk into committee and laid down the golden rule (not Al). "Miami is in. You pick the rest." The ratings demand it.

Agree that money runs the show, but I don't think Miami is a bigger draw than anybody else who might make the playoff. osu or Michigan would bring in plenty of money.

Advertisement

trending up?

Don't know that it'll happen this week, but I don't think he's faced much pressure. FSU certainly didn't get to him.

Kaaya is 105th in the nation in Passing Attempts with only 95 passes...

He hasn't thrown it half as much as most of those other QB's...

Passing stats for college football can sometimes be misleading...

Some systems are completely geared around throwing the ball 40-50 times a game & a lot of times, teams can either be coming from behind in a blowout, or in a straight shootout which will increase passing numbers drastically.

Yards per attempt is a good indicator at what a QB is doing, because a lot of systems have QB's making a bunch of easy one read single look throws that are no more than 5-6yds a clip...

Kaaya has definitely been playing better this season, he hasn't really had that huge game where he's needed to sling it all over the field, but aside from some bad throws here & there, I think he's played well.

Another solid post. You're usually on point. I didn't see a reason to throw the ball 40 times in any of the first three blowout wins although he had his best passing game (statistically) against App. Once the score in the GT game hit 28-7, Richt took half his playbook and put it back in his pocket. While BK's numbers against Tech might look pedestrian to the average know-nothing fan, throwing for 240 yards on only 13 completions means you're making big plays and getting chunk yardage. When GT started to get some momentum and cut the lead back to seven, the offense calmly took control of the game and put another touchdown on the board.

these are your typical numbers of a cane qb leading a winning team, don't need to be top of the country, just solid

Advertisement
Back