More great hurricane memories - This time vs the hated Gators

Advertisement
This might seem strange, but the '08 game where they beat us. We had a new QB, a bunch of freshmen up against the greatest Gator team ever with Urban Meyer.

And we contained Tim Tebow. So much so I can remember before the half the camera was on him and he was absolutely furious because we were giving him everything we could handle and then some.

We were giving the Gators a heart attack for three quarters and then the dam burst in the 4th quarter. We simply ran out of horses.

Then, in typical scum fashion, after they have the game in hand, they kick a field goal just to make it look better.

Why is this my favorite Gator game?

I think its a reminder of sorts.

It is a reminder that the Gators best team was took to the limit by a bunch of freshmen, despite Urban Meyer and the fact that more players were arrested on that team than the last 30 years of Canes teams combined.

It is a reminder that we discovered the blueprint on how to stop Tim Tebow, and Ole Miss used it to beat them later that year.

It is a reminder that they beat us twice in 30 years, and they actually had the gall to ask for the Seminole War Canoe, which they forfeited the moment they stopped playing us every year.

...It is a reminder that no matter how hard they try to claim moral or football superiority, based on the statistics, they have neither.

And they never will.

Advertisement
Although I don’t like Taint for stealing our ‘02 title, and the Criminoles as a major rival, it’s the Gayturd I despise by far the most. They’re everywhere up here in North Florida, dominate the local sports talk radio/TV airwaves, and are the most obnoxious fan base ever assembled. They make Taint fans seem tame and mild in comparison. That and all the in laws are Gayturd fans. So I get to hear about who the Canes got arrested, or how far superior they are because of the SEC over every Florida team. To say I can’t wait for Aug 31st is a mild understatement. I cannot wait to destroy them so utterly on the field that every single Gayturd fan leaves Camping World Stadium before the outcome is secured for the Canes. Then I hope to ride my BIL or a few other Gayturd fans afterwards.

I have equal hate for:

ND
FSU
OSU
UF
ALABAMA

They all suck. Maybe for different reasons, but there's no scenario I'd ever want one of them to win.

Advertisement
I remember that 2008 game in gainesville. Their all time greatest team against Randy Shannon and a bunch of 19 year olds. Even the biggest homer 'Canes fan knew there wasn't much of a chance of winning that one. Still the defense came to play and totally shut down Tebow and Urban for 3 1/2 quarters before finally running out of steam. Of course they had to kick the cheap shot field goal as time expired to cover the spread. Just another reason to hate the gator.

Advertisement
Back