More bad news for Gators

Politely, I am not going to feel terribly for a kid that kicks a gift horse in the mouth. I know a lot of these guys have been pumped up and told they are the best things around since they were little, but at this point, they are also told if you don’t take care of the school side, you’re not taking that next step. This wasn’t some new rule that they sprung up on him. He knew what was needed to get into college (which is really not a difficult threshold) and he made the decision to not do the class work to do so.
He’s also 17-18 you moron. So adults pump kids up and mess with their focus and you want to blame kids.... great

Advertisement
He’s also 17-18 you moron. So adults pump kids up and mess with their focus and you want to blame kids.... great

First of all, watch your mouth you pillock.

Second of all, he knew what was needed academically to reach his athletic goals. Somehow there are 1,000s of kids who know these thresholds and requirements, and are able to meet them. When I was 16, 17, 18, I knew generally what SAT/ACT and GPA I needed to possibly get into the schools I wanted. This guy didn't need a 4.0 and 1300 SAT to get into school. If you are an athlete, and you cannot do the bare minimum to qualify for the NCAA and have a guaranteed spot to go to college, collect some cash under the table, and pursue your athletic goals, then I am not going to feel bad for you at all. He knew what was needed and he willfully disregarded that. Being pumped up had nothing to do with that, and if he is that easily distracted, then he probably was not going to succeed anyways.

Judging by your post, attitude, and life perspective, I am going to guess you are about the same age as this guy and have a lot of life lessons to learn. Hopefully you do so sooner than Hammond.

So because once in a blue moon a team has a total meltdown and loses 5-6 kids from their class we shouldn't get excited about rankings? The odds of us losing this many kids is miniscule.

Plus even with all this attrition they still had the best class in Florida and they still landed the 11th most 4 stars in the nation.
Back in the '80's we would lose some to grades/test scores. Some became Prop 48's, some went JUCO or prep school. Some just disappeared. Don't know the most we ever lost in a year...probably not as bad as the Gator this year.

Advertisement
Is it me or does it seem like they loosin a couple kids every other jeez we'll be lucky if they have a team 8/24 smh

Advertisement
Someone’s having a good old laugh with this advert placement. Wicked ******** 😫 C6D8A9DD-8029-47CF-AF8E-528935BAFDD6.png

Man we got to stop with this narrative that 18 year olds can’t be responsible. Adolescence is still a fairly new concept in history and the word teenager wasn’t installed until the 1900’s. Every since then we’ve expected less and less from youth. Now we have guys talking about grown 21 year olds calling them “kids”

Not saying a 17 year old has to be fully mature, but he’s sure grown enough to do his homework

GTFOOH. The answers are in his textbooks. The dumb *** decided to look elsewhere obviously.
Just look at the threads where we discuss paying players. There are plenty of people who say these guys are just coming here because they have to and shouldn't be required to attend classes.

Again, there's a reason "student" comes first in student-athlete. The value is in the free college education, not the unlikely chance of an NFL contract.

Politely, I am not going to feel terribly for a kid that kicks a gift horse in the mouth. I know a lot of these guys have been pumped up and told they are the best things around since they were little, but at this point, they are also told if you don’t take care of the school side, you’re not taking that next step. This wasn’t some new rule that they sprung up on him. He knew what was needed to get into college (which is really not a difficult threshold) and he made the decision to not do the class work to do so.

Absofreakinlutely. I'm a high school administrator and I can tell you that these kids are given more time opportunity, and preparation to be successful. If this kid misses his slot then fock him. No dang excuses for laziness and ****ed on opportunities

Advertisement
Man we got to stop with this narrative that 18 year olds can’t be responsible. Adolescence is still a fairly new concept in history and the word teenager wasn’t installed until the 1900’s. Every since then we’ve expected less and less from youth. Now we have guys talking about grown 21 year olds calling them “kids”

Not saying a 17 year old has to be fully mature, but he’s sure grown enough to do his homework

Amen!

Just look at the threads where we discuss paying players. There are plenty of people who say these guys are just coming here because they have to and shouldn't be required to attend classes.

Again, there's a reason "student" comes first in student-athlete. The value is in the free college education, not the unlikely chance of an NFL contract.

Hate to break it to you but for a Major D1 athlete..there isn’t much value in their college education due to the time restraints for the sport you’re employed to play for the school.

Good luck trying to be a doctor/pharmacist/engineer etc while playing p5 college football.

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you but for a Major D1 athlete..there isn’t much value in their college education due to the time restraints for the sport you’re employed to play for the school.

Good luck trying to be a doctor/pharmacist/engineer etc while playing p5 college football.
Even a liberal arts degree is worth more than not having a degree at all.

I am not a doctor or a pharmacist or an engineer and my degree is certainly not worthless.

Even a liberal arts degree is worth more than not having a degree at all.

I am not a doctor or a pharmacist or an engineer and my degree is certainly not worthless.

I mean when you put it that way..you’re right

Advertisement
Back