Mongo.

Advertisement
Mongo.jpg

They really should have told about how crazy it is how he got to Miami.

He hand delivered his highlight tape to the coaches at a spring game.

He hadn't talked to the coaches before.

Advertisement
I was in a Miami Hurricanes bar 2-3 weeks ago in Washington DC. 1831 Lounge. It is on M Street and it is one of the best Hurricane bars I have ever been to. My buddy and I were on a road trip to see the Redskins and the Raiders as I am a fan of the first and he the last. As we proceeded to run up a $220 bar tab and watch the Miami-Toledo game, in walks JF and sits at the bar (he only drank water the whole time) he was with a black dude I didn't recognize, but I sat there and talked to him for a few minutes and he was a cool guy. Told him a met his mom at the tailgates in Miami and that she raised him well and that I knew about his story. Soon as I seen him Walk in I was about lit, looked at him and said "Weston in the house". It was a good day and sorry for JF, but my 'Skins got in that *** the next night too. 1831 Lounge if you're in DC during a Cane game is the best place to be.

I was in a Miami Hurricanes bar 2-3 weeks ago in Washington DC. 1831 Lounge. It is on M Street and it is one of the best Hurricane bars I have ever been to. My buddy and I were on a road trip to see the Redskins and the Raiders as I am a fan of the first and he the last. As we proceeded to run up a $220 bar tab and watch the Miami-Toledo game, in walks JF and sits at the bar (he only drank water the whole time) he was with a black dude I didn't recognize, but I sat there and talked to him for a few minutes and he was a cool guy. Told him a met his mom at the tailgates in Miami and that she raised him well and that I knew about his story. Soon as I seen him Walk in I was about lit, looked at him and said "Weston in the house". It was a good day and sorry for JF, but my 'Skins got in that *** the next night too. 1831 Lounge if you're in DC during a Cane game is the best place to be.

Clive?

Advertisement
No, it was definitely not Clive. This guy was short and not a previous Hurricane. I didn't recognize him.

Advertisement
Good read, thanks OP.

Back to that 2010 class, the star ***** in me was pumped for Linder, Henderson, Glenn, and Bunche and kind of neglected Mongo, McDermott, and Barton. Glenn was who I was real excited about.

Mongo making it shows that ratings by rivals/247 etc. are flawed and that in some cases, stars dont matter.

Good for him, really happy for the young man.

Advertisement
Some of those Golden teams had a lot of talent. Too bad the coaches failed them. And most still have gone on to do well in the league. Feliciano will always be a special Cane.

Know that spot real good. I live in DC. Met some good cane alumni in there too

They really should have told about how crazy it is how he got to Miami.

He hand delivered his highlight tape to the coaches at a spring game.

He hadn't talked to the coaches before.

Miami wasn't looking at him because Shannon completely ignored Feliciano's high school. The kid was in love with UM since he was a kid and he didn't want to play anywhere except Miami. So, Feliciano's head coach took him to Miami's spring game and gave their coaches his tape.

He committed as soon the offer was extended. He turned down ohone calls from FSU, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc. He wasn't even entertaining another school.

That black dude was Feliciano's high school Head Coach. He was in town watching Feliciano and another kid from Western that plays for the Redskins. They were talking about you the other day, telling that same exact story. LOL

Advertisement
Back