Money Back Guarantee: Every Cane will love these Nole Tears

Still remember knocking over my beer AND my brother's beer in the excitement!

[video=youtube;IpDNr-2JIDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpDNr-2JIDw[/video]

Barrow said he told Vanover earlier in the game, ‘Man, I’m going to get you,” because the FSU player returned the opening kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown. Vanover’s reaction? “He was like, ‘Yeah right,” Barrow said.

Barrow seemed to have fun talking about the play this week. When a reporter asked for his favorite memory of the UM-FSU series, Barrow grinned sheepishly and answered, “Biggest memory? Uh, let me see.”

Barrow said he uses the Vanover hit as a learning tool, telling his linebackers that sound preparation results in plays like the one he made 20 years ago. “You use that as a coaching point for the players, like, ‘See I did it and you can do it too.'”

Asked if he had run into Vanover in recent years, Barrow said the two last saw each other while playing in the NFL.

“You kind of don’t know what to say,” Barrow said. “It’s kind of awkward. We never talked about it.”

— from Palm Beach Post on the 20th anniversary of Michael Barrow knocking out FSU star Tamarick Vancover in 1992 at the OB.

Canes won 19-16 for 7th win in 8 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man our guys have had some great hits against FSU over the years. ST26 also comes to mind when he demolished P K Sam.

Anyone remember the hit vs the VT Qb where he flipped backwards overhimself? Think it was Vilma or Williams.

Advertisement
Legend also has it that Tamarick Vanover was considering coming to Miami before signing with FSU, and after that play, Barrow told him something to the effect of "Good choice signing with the Seminoles, you're too soft to play at Miami". Although I doubt Vanover could hear it over the 5 alarm ringing in his ears

Pretty sad that this dude goes down as one of the best Nole WRs to ever velcro em up. He wouldn't crack the top 25 at the U.

Regardless, its a pointless debate now...he eats only soup and applesauce out of a straw after Barrow left him for dead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's what I want to do to dumb *** nole fans every time I hear them doing thar ***** war chant!!!

No flag on that play. He led with his shoulder and did not target the head. That's why he teaches the proper way to hit a receiver like that still today.

Too bad that woulda been a 15 yard penalty today. This game is ruined.

No flag on that play. He led with his shoulder and did not target the head. That's why he teaches the proper way to hit a receiver like that still today.

Too bad that woulda been a 15 yard penalty today. This game is ruined.

I agree it was a perfect hit. But that means nothing today. When they see a violent it (even if clean) they throw the flag. You know that.

Advertisement
Back