Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

It's amazing that this toxicity simply is building because Richt refuses to make wholesale changes to the staff and admit he shouldn't be calling plays anymore.

If he went ahead and overhauled the staff and brought in a legit OC, most of us would've simply accepted this as a crap season said, let's see what next year brings.

Exactly!
By not acknowledging the obvious he is literally ****ing in the fans face and not even telling them it’s rain just telling them to take it. You think fans won’t be extra mad???
It’s no big secret or difficult to figure out why he refuses to hire the best OC available! He doesnt want to fire his son !! Who he should never have hired in the first place!! The charade of a DC search?? Does want people questioning him and the obvious bad choices he is making!
You think if a coach was doing all he could to maximize our opportunities the fans would be this upset??

Advertisement
"While I’m told she did love the visit, she still wants her son at UGA. "
Some of these mothers in all due respect feel they can keep a kid from trouble by getting him out of the area. In reality if you are destine to find trouble you can find it in Idaho, Montana, etc.
Yeah. That’s why she wants him off the mean streets of Coral Gables lined with million dollar houses. The legendary Gangs of the Gables strike again!

Exactly!
By not acknowledging the obvious he is literally ****ing in the fans face and not even telling them it’s rain just telling you to take it. You think fans won’t be extra mad???
It’s no big secret or difficult to figure out why he refuses to hire the best OC available! He does t want to fire his son !! The charade of a DC search?? Does want people questioning him and the obvious bad choices he is making!
You think if a coach was doing all he could to maximize our opportunities the fans would be this upset??

Nope. I never really got angry during the Shannon era. Just realized that he was in over his head and not ready for this gig. Got lazy in certain areas. But he tried making changes where he saw fit. Didn't work out.

Golden was truly exhausting. Saw him do the same thing over and over. Refuse to make changes and stick idly by his buddy.

Richt's doing the same thing as Golden did to an extent. And like Golden, refuses to make changes. And that is why this forum is beyond ****ed in just year 3. Because you know changes aren't coming, and we're going through the Golden era against and have to put up with it while Blake sits idly by.

Nope. I never really got angry during the Shannon era. Just realized that he was in over his head and not ready for this gig. Got lazy in certain areas. But he tried making changes where he saw fit. Didn't work out.

Golden was truly exhausting. Saw him do the same thing over and over. Refuse to make changes and stick idly by his buddy.

Richt's doing the same thing as Golden did to an extent. And like Golden, refuses to make changes. And that is why this forum is beyond ****ed in just year 3. Because you know changes aren't coming, and we're going through the Golden era against and have to put up with it while Blake sits idly by.

Worse. Golden didn't get paid 4 plus mil

Advertisement
We didn’t have a down year son. We had an abortion.

Everyone was all gung ho with Richt until last years 3 game skid. Most fans were willing to look past our anemic offense bc most rational thinkers would assume a coaching change would come.

Then sure enough we get skunked by LSU and we looked very unprepared. By this point we knew this season would go as far as the Qb/ OL would take us.

We proceeded to **** the bed against horrible teams and go on another 4 game skid.

Everyone and their mother can see the issues. ****, even ESPN2 god awful anouncers saw the problem.

If all that wasn’t bad enough then CMR desides to put himself and family above the program. We clearly needed to shore the offense and fix special teams. Meanwhile every other competent coach /AD out there looking to hire the best available.

Right before early signing period we lose our best coach/ coordinator. Then recruiting collapses.

Richt has had time to make necessary changes to better the program, but nothing has come of it.

I personally believe if he made changes, no one would be ****ed and this would be as toxic.

To top it all off we promote 2 high school level coaches to DC.

CMR created this, not the fans.

He and his ultra green staff will be gone after we **** the bed next year. Book it
I totally agree, but I think he can make it through season 4 at 7-5 again. That said, I am 95% certain Mark Richt will not get a 6th season at Miami.

A meeting on how to spend the money they got?
I dont know why the assumption is that they got paid to commit to Alabama. How about Alabama being better in almost every conceivable way? You'd let your kid play for Searels in Mark Richt's awfense? Kid is a 5* with an NFL future, he'd have to be a Miami mega fan to go with the Canes. Bama makes all the sense in the world.

Advertisement
Hence the flip of a 2 star prospect from App State who the slurpers pegged as the next Eric Winston. Lol.
These clowns on here are actually breaking down highlights of a 240 pound 2 star Group of 5 project and trying to tell us how well he moves. He fcking goddam well should move well at the size of a WR.

Staff have not learned their lesson and I know Richt gotta be like, “but I used the same methods I used at Georgia; I ate dinner w the family, asked grandma her recipe, told the young man’s family I’m looking to help mold your boy in to a man, and I asked to pray with them. What’s not working?” What he fails to realize that every time he left that house, that greasy bag man knocked on the door afterward and said Richt sends his regards! Lol.

Boy oh boy. Man, I’m hoping we can finish strong, but this last update got me creasy on this Titantic. Like I can see the Iceberg in front of me, but I’m still holding out hope the captain of this ship can turn this bih hard to steer away from it. Lol.

Sorry to tell you but we hit the iceberg and the ship already sank....that hope we are all holding on too is a trapped air bubble that keeping us alive on our way to the bottom.

Last edited:
Meh...Again, Richt would have been in was it 2 or 3 final 4s if that was the old format?
I used to tout that but they did an article and it ended up being just 1 time. I thought it was three but i was always looking at final rankings not rankings going into bowl season.

Advertisement
I dont know why the assumption is that they got paid to commit to Alabama. How about Alabama being better in almost every conceivable way? You'd let your kid play for Searels in Mark Richt's awfense? Kid is a 5* with an NFL future, he'd have to be a Miami mega fan to go with the Canes. Bama makes all the sense in the world.
I said in a previous post that I could name 100 reasons why kids would pick Bama over Miami but bags is just the icing on the cake. I was being semi sarcastic about how the family is deciding how to spend their money.

Bogle has always wanted to announce in January and sign in February. Nothing changed. I’m sure he’ll announce to us at the All-American game but will he stick when Bama makes a run? That’s what we’ll be waiting on
Baga will slide in with a late grayshirt offer, and Trollgle will jump on it.

I used to tout that but they did an article and it ended up being just 1 time. I thought it was three but i was always looking at final rankings not rankings going into bowl season.

I looked at going into bowl season and found it to be at least 2...But this was a while back.

Advertisement
I said in a previous post that I could name 100 reasons why kids would pick Bama over Miami but bags is just the icing on the cake. I was being semi sarcastic about how the family is deciding how to spend their money.
I see a lot of "we need bags" posts and I'm like, cant we just start by considering resumes when we make staff hires? How about modernizing the awfense and hiring Mark Helfrich when he's standing in you office? What we need imo, is a football GM thats in charge of considering resumes in staff hires. We are giving HCs way too much power to do things their way, giving them enough rope to hang themselves, and thereby the program. What other business would do that? "Here you go, do it your way and we'll only remove you if you crash the company."

Advertisement
Back