Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
I don't blame these kids one bit. Not because of the coaching staff but because of the toxic fan base. Who wants to come to a school where every single thing is scrutinized? It has gotten beyond we want to compete for Championships. It is now, win the Championship every year or we will find someone to be fired because we didn't win the Championship.
This program was in a great position coming into the year and we had a down year. Because of the down year, the fans have made it an overall toxic place because they aren't happy. Its truly remarkable how pathetic a lot of you one here are these days. The loud minority is all over social media and these FREE websites spewing all sorts of speculation that they know zero about and these kids soak it up as gospel. How do expect any coach to get his feet dug in to get the kids needed to compete at the high level every year when the fans completely **** all over any progress.
Again, the scrutiny aimed at our offensive scheme is warranted but to get downright toxic is not.

iT's dA fAnZ fAuLt!

Advertisement
We didn’t have a down year son. We had an abortion.

Everyone was all gung ho with Richt until last years 3 game skid. Most fans were willing to look past our anemic offense bc most rational thinkers would assume a coaching change would come.

Then sure enough we get skunked by LSU and we looked very unprepared. By this point we knew this season would go as far as the Qb/ OL would take us.

We proceeded to **** the bed against horrible teams and go on another 4 game skid.

Everyone and their mother can see the issues. ****, even ESPN2 god awful anouncers saw the problem.

If all that wasn’t bad enough then CMR desides to put himself and family above the program. We clearly needed to shore the offense and fix special teams. Meanwhile every other competent coach /AD out there looking to hire the best available.

Right before early signing period we lose our best coach/ coordinator. Then recruiting collapses.

Richt has had time to make necessary changes to better the program, but nothing has come of it.

I personally believe if he made changes, no one would be ****ed and this would be as toxic.

To top it all off we promote 2 high school level coaches to DC.

CMR created this, not the fans.

He and his ultra green staff will be gone after we **** the bed next year. Book it
If Manny had stayed we'd probably still lose Tyrique, Summerall, Dixon, Solomon, etc.

The problem is, our coaches are too willing to believe lying rotten 17 year old skunks.

And that's what many of these kids are. With bad parenting. Who teaches kids to lie like they do? They troll and mislead and think it's funny and clever, they tell us they're coming when they know they're not. They're dishonorable for going back on their word.

They are so entitled...who ever thought of having press conferences at 17 years old...next they'll be hiring public relations firms and setting up foundations to disperse the extra bag money. All before they are drinking and voting age.

H
Nothing revelatory here, but it is fairly simple math - if we win 10 games or more, we get to keep a good chunk of the talent. If we win less than 10 games, it's this crap.
History of UM recruiting suggests that's not true. We've struggled after some of our best years.

Who said that? Only those who believed the nonsense that the reason Patke and Banda were promoted was to save a recruiting class. I certainly never believed that.

Everybody thinks this stuff is new. I've been watching this story replay over and over for thirty plus years.

For whatever reason, marquee players generally don't come to Miami. We've gotten a few, here and there, but the celebrity recruits generally don't come to Miami, even if they are from Miami.

We always won with the less appreciated kids. And now, there's a much bigger money factor we have to compete with.

You may not have said but plenty of people made that part of the reasoning behind promoting Banda and Patke.....and if it wasn’t it makes the decision to promote them without conducting a search first even more inexcusable if that’s possible.

Advertisement
So we’re not landing any of the 4/5 stars, but we have a shot at some 3-stars?

This program is a joke.

You may not have said but plenty of people made that part of the reasoning behind promoting Banda and Patke.....and if it wasn’t it makes the decision to promote them without conducting a search first even more inexcusable if that’s possible.
Why conduct a search if you think you've got as good a solution right there?

Time will tell if it was a good move or bad move.

I think it makes a lot of sense.

Advertisement
Look, I realize Mr. Adams is just doing his job and reporting what his sources are telling him....................but this is inevitable to anyone with any common sense who's even paid slight attention. I mean I don't even follow recruiting much anymore.............cause honestly what's the point.................but even with that said I knew this nonsense earlier about these kids coming was just that. This program has nothing to sell kids with actual choices right now. It's incompetence at it's finest. Saying 17 year old kids with way too much attention payed to them are spoiled, entitled, or rotten is like saying water is wet. The real issue is the 58 year old head coach who refuses to make change to a broken philosophy simply becasue "he has an itch for it". The real issue is the Athletic Director who allows the 58 year old coach to act more like a kid and not fulfill his responsibilities that justify making $4 million a year. This program is a clown car and the drivers have free reign. Blaming the kids at this point is just enabling the problem.

Ivins and Stefan disagree about the Lakeland duo rn. Ivins for now is riding with his pick for Zipperer and thinks Summerall might be a package deal although he is not sure thats the case and he has not put in a crystal ball for him
ivu has Zipperer to Miami?

Look, I realize Mr. Adams is just doing his job and reporting what his sources are telling him....................but this is inevitable to anyone with any common sense who's even paid slight attention. I mean I don't even follow recruiting much anymore.............cause honestly what's the point.................but even with that said I knew this nonsense earlier about these kids coming was just that. This program has nothing to sell kids with actual choices right now. It's incompetence at it's finest. Saying 17 year old kids with way too much attention payed to them are spoiled, entitled, or rotten is like saying water is wet. The real issue is the 58 year old head coach who refuses to make change to a broken philosophy simply becasue "he has an itch for it". The real issue is the Athletic Director who allows the 58 year old coach to act more like a kid and not fulfill his responsibilities that justify making $4 million a year. This program is a clown car and the drivers have free reign. Blaming the kids at this point is just enabling the problem.

How old is Saban?

Advertisement
Deadaxx, the two things I credited Richt with when Miami hired him was his ability to get UGA to 10 wins consistently every year & a top 10 recruiting class every year. He comes here and does neither consistently. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Maybe Georgia is more appealing to recruits? Why? I don't know....bags?....SEC?....academics....doubt that. Unless some kids are scared off and want it easier academically. Women? Don't know, but doubt it. How accessible are South Beach models and wannabe models.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back