Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
I’m tired, cane on cane crime ain’t fun no more, and as Cedric would say this ain’t gangsta. Let me middle road this chit so we can move on

- All coaches call out players, public or private
- Richts not as good as the top three
- his offense sucked
- it can get better
- the defense won’t be as good as mannys but still good
- recruiting is hard and we are below average at it this year
- we need an OC
- we need a real qb coach
- we can get better
- were not at al Golden levels
- we hate losing
- we need a better punter

That cover everything?

I’ll just add one more thing since we are reaching for middle ground.
Can we all admit that Richt doing his full due diligence and conduct a real search for the best DC available is the right thing to expect??
You might still end up in the same place but at least you have to try to get the best available.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So Bogle is waiting till February to sign!?!? Seems like that’s what Canesport just posted. Also they got an update on Holley who was sad after his visit.
F8E6D346-41E4-4FF2-99D2-0C1600CDDFD9.jpeg

Kids are not that clever.
They telegraph when the are going to flip. Everyone knows the kid is going to flip except our coaches. That’s obviously because the don’t really begin to recruit the replacement until the kid actually decommits. You have to be smarter than the 17 year old you are recruiting. If the kid is telegraphing that he is shaky and will probably decommit start recruiting his replacement as soon as he starts giving you the signs.

****, recruit his replacement while he is solid. It's the number 1 fundamental of college football. ABC - Always Be Crootin. You never stop recruiting a kid unless he is just not a take, ever, under any scenario. Period.

Advertisement
Well, Kelvin Harris told y’all before the season started that the team was behind Kosi as the starter.
So, MR went with Malik at LSU followed by a series of bad decisions which has snowballed into the circus we have now.

The turn in trust and support happened during the Va. game when we panicked (again) and put Rosier back in and lost the game. At this point is when the fans got ****ed and lost faith in Richt, we started having players start chirping in house and voicing displeasure.

I’m tryin to be positive about this Banda Patke move, if we end up signing Bogle and Stevenson I’ll say short term it may have been worth it. But if we Wiff on our D recruits these two better hope this team finishes on Top 10 in D or EVERYONE will go crazy.

I look at this staff and outside of Dugans, Hartley and Simpson the rest have major weaknesses and are small name cats.

If we go into ‘19 with this current staff and I’m sure we will promote someone instaff already for 10th spot like last year we better put up a 11 win/ACC title game type season.

I hope Richt proves us all wrong but this on the surface looks like a 💩 show gone wrong

Last edited:
Can we all admit that Richt doing his full due diligence and conduct a real search for the best DC available is the right thing to expect??
You might still end up in the same place but at least you have to try to get the best available.
Fair point. Value in keeping status quo but value in a proven commodity.

Advertisement
Advertisement

@Torocane @PittsburghCane

These dudes reaching out and trying hard. Hats off, men. Wish there was more of this. Don't always have to agree, but open your minds and listen and realize we all want the same thing.

Thank you two.
giphy.gif

Bogle has always wanted to announce in January and sign in February. Nothing changed. I’m sure he’ll announce to us at the All-American game but will he stick when Bama makes a run? That’s what we’ll be waiting on

Advertisement
Back