Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
Hence the flip of a 2 star prospect from App State who the slurpers pegged as the next Eric Winston. Lol.

Well.....haven’t you heard???
There is a rumor that he may or may not have been part of the marching band.....and guess who else was in the marching band in High school.....Bryant McKinney!
That’s right he has Bryant McKinney potential!!!!

Advertisement
Lmao...now Richt suddenly can't recruit.
Richt with UGA bags = consistent top 12 classes.
Richt w/o UGA bags = 2 top 12 classes, and a class currently terrible.

Corey Raymond won't come here and make a difference unless he bringing some SEC bags with him.

Appreciate your positivity, but ur reaching when you get outside the top 10.

But let’s go back to the 2017 class:
Jeff Thomas-Gone
DJ Johnson-Gone
Johvantae Dean-JAG
Robert Burns-JAG
Brian Polendy-JAG
Cade Weldon-Transfer Candidate
Zach Dykstra-SUPER REACH JAG
Zach Feagles-JAG
Kai-Leon Herbert-JAG
Jon Ford-TBD

That’s dang near half the class that have not or will not contribute to this program. That’s horrible.

- So you post a link of Nick Saban chewing out a player in practice. Wow. Good job. That never happens in football.
- I'd take a flyer on a DC with prior fcking experience. Maybe give Gene Chizik a call. He did pretty well at UNC. Someone who'd run a similar defense than Manny. Not offer Banda and Patke because they're bright assistants. It was mentioned that Rumph was offered the job and declined because he knew he'd be in over his head; imagine what Patke and Banda are going to go through.
- Punting isn't our only issue on special teams, amigo. Punt block protection leaves a lot to be desired, we don't know our assignments that well either.
- Kosi hasn't shown anything that he's the clear cut favorite to be the long term QB at Miami. If Richt was having all of these issues with Perry, nothing like putting a true FR over him and lighting a fire under his ***. Instead, Richt went back to Rosier who consistently struggles and whom Kosi knows is better than.
- Richt insists on calling plays at Miami. It's literally proven now, especially for an old HC that you can't consistently be a coordinator and the HC while in college; in the NFL, sure because all you have to focus on is football. In college, you have to fulfill other obligations outside of football.
- Freshmen do need time. What has Knowles ever done to warrant playing time. Everytime he's in the game, he's targeted by the opposing offense.
- We got lucky with Williams and struck gold. We only kicked the tires when Sitkowski turned out to be a colossal bust (this board called it months prior). Cam Davis was a plan A target. I have no clue why you listed all of the other guys.
Why do we have so much time bro?

Let's see.....

- Nepotism - hiring a QB coach that doesn't have a resume to be a Div1 QB coach. Yet he's in charge of QB development
- Archaic scheme - Richt identified that his plays worked 30 years ago and that it's the players not executing that's the problems. Golden did the same exact thing at Miami with his defense where it took every single person executing his defense for it to work. Golden ran an archaic scheme that didn't fit the talent that exists in Miami. Richt runs outdated concepts that has been mentioned ad nauseam on this board as well as dissected by @Roman Marciante . Also, watch the GT game and you'll see Dan Orlovsky go in dry on Richt's offense. Also, I'd advise you watch the bowl game because Orlovsky's going to call that game as well; willing to bet he makes mention of Richt's archaic offense again.
- Recruiting practices are horrid at Miami. This staff consistently doesn't know how to read recruits and is consistently found unprepared and scrambling. They think that kids won't look around and don't continue to recruit the position. They get a commit, and shut recruiting down for that position.
- Coaches calling out players. Thomas Brown calling players cancers, which of whom you actually recruited is a huge indictment on the staff. Those are your guys and you foster the locker room environment.
- Lackluster hires and an unwillingness to evaluate the program: Patke and Banda were hires specifically to help salvage a (already dwindling) recruiting class. These kids that are so happy Banda's going to remain on staff as a co-DC, will be the same ones that likely go elsewhere. Richt has consistently had porous special teams and lack of development on the OL. Waiting to see what we do with the extra staff position and if ST duties are handed over to the new staff member. But Searles still has a job, he shouldn't. And the extra staff position should be going to a full fledged OC.
- Playing experience over talent: We saw Knowles getting snaps over Hall at the beginning of the year. We saw Rosier get a much longer leash than Perry; we didn't even get a chance to see Williams get snaps this season outside of Savannah State. Richt mismanaged the QB room as much as any coach in the nation. He didn't even take advantage of the new red-shirt rule.

Shall I go on?

Case closed!!
How anyone can see those facts and is on here trying to defend and spin this **** like they are getting paid to do so is beyond me!
Maybe they are getting paid!
Maybe the Cuban DBJ and the rest of them are botts Richt hire to spin ****!!

Advertisement
The Richt tenure has been a miserable failure. Outside of a few lucky plays last year and one good win in the bowl game in year there hasn't been much to cheer about. Biggest failed hire in Cane history. Miami won't finish top 30 in recruiting with no cloud, no sanctions? That's beyond awful.

And look where they're at now.

Huh? F**k have they accomplished?

They're nowhere Richt didn't have them...You don't think Richt banged with Bama and lost in thrillers? Richt didn't have 10 and 11 win type seasons? You people have selective little memories

Why do we have so much time bro?
I’m tired, cane on cane crime ain’t fun no more, and as Cedric would say this ain’t gangsta. Let me middle road this chit so we can move on

- All coaches call out players, public or private
- Richts not as good as the top three
- his offense sucked
- it can get better
- the defense won’t be as good as mannys but still good
- recruiting is hard and we are below average at it this year
- we need an OC
- we need a real qb coach
- we can get better
- were not at al Golden levels
- we hate losing
- we need a better punter

That cover everything?

Advertisement
Huh? F**k have they accomplished?

They're nowhere Richt didn't have them...You don't think Richt banged with Bama and lost in thrillers? Richt didn't have 10 and 11 win type seasons? You people have selective little memories

Kirby's version of UGA looks better than Richt's.

Kirby's version of UGA looks better than Richt's.

LOL looks...Richt had some teams that LOOKED excellent and ended up top 5 in the nation.

You people don't know what you are talking about and overreact to every little hot streak...Not saying recruits don't do the same thing, but you are as bad as them.

Yes Georgia is recruiting well...But get off their nuts man. Georgia has accomplished nothing, this just in.

Advertisement
What you are witnessing is a head coach who is way past his prime, a program in a steady decline, and what effect LOSING has on recruits. I truly don't care about the false record. Besides ND Richt hasn't done squat here and the recruits know this. The best thing is to have a very poor recruiting season and next year the CANES FINISH LAST. That could happen and Richt will lose his job. You don't want an 8-4 0r 9-3 season where he beats the cupcakes up and loses to the quality teams. A season of not making a bowl game will insure an early departure for Richt. He has basically botched up everything pertaining to this football program.

LOL looks...Richt had some teams that LOOKED excellent and ended up top 5 in the nation.

You people don't know what you are talking about and overreact to every little hot streak...Not saying recruits don't do the same thing, but you are as bad as them.

Yes Georgia is recruiting well...But get off their nuts man. Georgia has accomplished nothing, this just in.

You want to do a comparison of our program compared to UGA's right now.

What a crock pot of horse ****. Flooding out goldens players... Ha! What's the excuse when Golden's players are gone?

No idea what that guy is talking about. Our best two players on defense were Golden kids in Jaquan and Willis. Not to mention MJack and even JJack was committed to Golden. If anything the Golden kids were a bright spot outside of his OL leftovers but whose fault is that in year 3?

Advertisement
- Nepotism - hiring a QB coach that doesn't have a resume to be a Div1 QB coach. Yet he's in charge of QB development
- This is definitely one thing I don't like. I understand he's throwing his kid a bone, since Richt does most of the QB teaching and is the defacto QB coach, but this spot needs someone to connect better with the QB.
- Archaic scheme - Richt identified that his plays worked 30 years ago and that it's the players not executing that's the problems. Golden did the same exact thing at Miami with his defense where it took every single person executing his defense for it to work. Golden ran an archaic scheme that didn't fit the talent that exists in Miami. Richt runs outdated concepts that has been mentioned ad nauseam on this board as well as dissected by @Roman Marciante . Also, watch the GT game and you'll see Dan Orlovsky go in dry on Richt's offense. Also, I'd advise you watch the bowl game because Orlovsky's going to call that game as well; willing to bet he makes mention of Richt's archaic offense again.
- Scheme is more dumbed down than archaic. We run the same plays ad naseum Go back to 2016 and look at the concepts. This is the factor of QBs that can't deliver (Rosier) or don't get it/put in the effort (Kosi). The best all around QB on the roster that Richt put more than a month in to recruit (Williams) will eventually be the guy who is able to understand and expand the playbook.
- Recruiting practices are horrid at Miami. This staff consistently doesn't know how to read recruits and is consistently found unprepared and scrambling. They think that kids won't look around and don't continue to recruit the position. They get a commit, and shut recruiting down for that position.
- We have a tremendous outreach program in the community, most HS coaches rave about Richt, I would contend that recruiting in south florida produces more fickle players due to saturation and competition (every recruits SFla) and I don't think you can find coaches outside of Saban, Meyer and Dabo that don't deal with difficult recruits (they are all teens). Most of the coaches that have less turnover recruit lesser profile kids, in lesser profile areas, and or use bags.
- Coaches calling out players. Thomas Brown calling players cancers, which of whom you actually recruited is a huge indictment on the staff. Those are your guys and you foster the locker room environment.
- Find me a succesful staff that doesn't call out players by name. I'll wait.
- Lackluster hires and an unwillingness to evaluate the program: Patke and Banda were hires specifically to help salvage a (already dwindling) recruiting class. These kids that are so happy Banda's going to remain on staff as a co-DC, will be the same ones that likely go elsewhere. Richt has consistently had porous special teams and lack of development on the OL. Waiting to see what we do with the extra staff position and if ST duties are handed over to the new staff member. But Searles still has a job, he shouldn't. And the extra staff position should be going to a full fledged OC.
- Banda and Patke were held because they know the system and we don't have to change anything. And theyre **** good coaches. Patke knew almost as much as Diaz in terms of the defense. Research that topic, we actually have great defensive coaches. ST is hit or miss I agree. But most people only see the punter/kicker struggles, but don't see the improved tackling and pursuit angles on that front which is necessary more so than anything on ST.
I agree it would make more sense to have a true OC to free up coach. He's a great recruiter and should be more in the field and kissing babies.

- Playing experience over talent: We saw Knowles getting snaps over Hall at the beginning of the year. We saw Rosier get a much longer leash than Perry; we didn't even get a chance to see Williams get snaps this season outside of Savannah State. Richt mismanaged the QB room as much as any coach in the nation. He didn't even take advantage of the new red-shirt rule.
- Hall was hurt most of the summer so he couldn't practice. There are snap breakdowns by Daniel Gould to that affect that show the snap breakdown for each game. Rosier and Kosi was touched on above. Williams is very important so they had zero desire to get him hurt or burn a shirt.
@nystateofmind I think we have a late push for a new nominee.

again I ask where are these “great recruiters” we retained when we promoted a bunch of unqualified assistants to coordinators?

Advertisement
Back