Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
Advertisement
Just over this era of Miami football under these coaches
tumblr_mt3jprM7r71qzuucoo2_250.gif

"Contingency plans" What is this? lmao the backup plan to our backup plan since this staff always gets in the game way too late. This staff reeks of desperation.

Hence the flip of a 2 star prospect from App State who the slurpers pegged as the next Eric Winston. Lol.

Advertisement
Since some posters on this board wont attribute this situation to an overall indictment of Richt, I wonder what they pass it off as?

If it isn't the head coach, where does the blame reside?

- I've never heard Dabo, Meyer or Saban call out their players by name. You asked for successful coaches, there you go. In fact, Urban even came out with a quote (paraphrasing) - If I start to make excuses, I give my players the room to make excuses. If this staff showed some ownership of their shortcomings, it would probably come a long way.
- Saban
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...ban-calling-Blake-Barnett-a-quitter-47875215/
https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-like-get-yelled-nick-saban-video-204049402.html

-Urban
https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/08/ohio-state-coach-urban-meyer-accused-player-mistreatment

- Dabo
Couldn't find anything you got me.

- Banda and Patke can know the system. But that was Diaz's system they implemented. How about bring in an experienced D-coordinator that would run a similar concept that would also help in boosting recruiting. Patke was a position coach for 1 year, and now he's going to be a DC?
- Which DC would be better?
- People see the ST struggles because they're bad and they've been bad under Richt's entire tenure. You normally don't notice special teams until you have a crap unit. We have one now.
- Just the punting right?
- Again. The red-shirt rule is you're allowed to play in 4 games before your shirt is burned. Williams played in 1.
- Why risk injury or stop developing Kosi in game?
- Richt needs to realize that successful HC's can't balance coordinating the offense, teaching QBs and meeting the time demands that a HC has to make in college. Dabo does it. Saban does it. Meyer did it. Why doesn't Richt?
- That's why they are better than everyone else. Though Saban doesn't call plays but cool. Or Meyer. And Dabo calls only a few plays per game.
- Again, Roman has touched upon how basic our offense is, as well as predictable. That's on Richt.
- said my piece
- Fully aware that Hall was hurt since the Spring, but he was in Fall practice. And Hall was perfectly healthy going into the season.
- So freshmen don't need time to implement plays? Also thats on Manny, not Richt.
- And you didn't prove **** on recruiting. This staff has been in the area for 3 years recruiting the area. You constantly hearing about them having to quickly reach out to plan B targets because a kid decommitted. If they know kids are fickle, why not have contingencies in place before hand?
- What were Jarren Williams, Nigel Bethel, Cam Davis, Emerson Jr., Tecory Couch, Blissett, Munoz, and others then?

Advertisement
I knew we didn't have a shot with Dixon, because that was a T Rob vs Rumph battle & unless you're delusional you already knew how that was going to end up.

And what's crazy is the 2020 CB class is almost as deep as the 2018 class in terms of talent, but we're already out on Henry Gray smh.

Although true. You give the local guys reason to leave when you have the performances that you have. And you know what? Once in a while, you're going to struggle. Look at Notre Dame back in 2016. Brian Kelly's tenure at ND has been pretty decent, but 2016 had their fans in an uproar. But Brian Kelly recognized that changes needed to be made, and he changed them. Two years later, he's in the college football playoff.

Our problem is is that Richt thinks its just players not executing. He doesn't self-evaluate and say "how can I get better? And put this team in a better position to win?" He sticks with the status quo similar to what Golden did. He believes in just working his tail off and getting these guys to execute better. The local guys see this and don't want to be blamed when they're put in a situation where they'll possibly fail.

Awwwww chit! Ding ding, mutha fcking ding.

Advertisement
I understand what your saying, but scanning these boards would tell you much otherwise. Theres probably 2-3 times a day people here complain or say we should have offered so and so from some school that is a 2 star under rated guy and they don't know why we don't offer.

That’s a “straw man” argument

Advertisement
Since some posters on this board wont attribute this situation to an overall indictment of Richt, I wonder what they pass it off as?

If it isn't the head coach, where does the blame reside?

Everything starts and ends with the HC. If an assistant not getting the job done goes back to the head coach. Players not executing goes back to the head coach.

- So you post a link of Nick Saban chewing out a player in practice. Wow. Good job. That never happens in football.
- I'd take a flyer on a DC with prior fcking experience. Maybe give Gene Chizik a call. He did pretty well at UNC. Someone who'd run a similar defense than Manny. Not offer Banda and Patke because they're bright assistants. It was mentioned that Rumph was offered the job and declined because he knew he'd be in over his head; imagine what Patke and Banda are going to go through.
- Punting isn't our only issue on special teams, amigo. Punt block protection leaves a lot to be desired, we don't know our assignments that well either.
- Kosi hasn't shown anything that he's the clear cut favorite to be the long term QB at Miami. If Richt was having all of these issues with Perry, nothing like putting a true FR over him and lighting a fire under his ***. Instead, Richt went back to Rosier who consistently struggles and whom Kosi knows is better than.
- Richt insists on calling plays at Miami. It's literally proven now, especially for an old HC that you can't consistently be a coordinator and the HC while in college; in the NFL, sure because all you have to focus on is football. In college, you have to fulfill other obligations outside of football.
- Freshmen do need time. What has Knowles ever done to warrant playing time. Everytime he's in the game, he's targeted by the opposing offense.
- We got lucky with Williams and struck gold. We only kicked the tires when Sitkowski turned out to be a colossal bust (this board called it months prior). Cam Davis was a plan A target. I have no clue why you listed all of the other guys.

Advertisement
Back