Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
Advertisement
Let's see.....

- Nepotism - hiring a QB coach that doesn't have a resume to be a Div1 QB coach. Yet he's in charge of QB development
- Archaic scheme - Richt identified that his plays worked 30 years ago and that it's the players not executing that's the problems. Golden did the same exact thing at Miami with his defense where it took every single person executing his defense for it to work. Golden ran an archaic scheme that didn't fit the talent that exists in Miami. Richt runs outdated concepts that has been mentioned ad nauseam on this board as well as dissected by @Roman Marciante . Also, watch the GT game and you'll see Dan Orlovsky go in dry on Richt's offense. Also, I'd advise you watch the bowl game because Orlovsky's going to call that game as well; willing to bet he makes mention of Richt's archaic offense again.
- Recruiting practices are horrid at Miami. This staff consistently doesn't know how to read recruits and is consistently found unprepared and scrambling. They think that kids won't look around and don't continue to recruit the position. They get a commit, and shut recruiting down for that position.
- Coaches calling out players. Thomas Brown calling players cancers, which of whom you actually recruited is a huge indictment on the staff. Those are your guys and you foster the locker room environment.
- Lackluster hires and an unwillingness to evaluate the program: Patke and Banda were hires specifically to help salvage a (already dwindling) recruiting class. These kids that are so happy Banda's going to remain on staff as a co-DC, will be the same ones that likely go elsewhere. Richt has consistently had porous special teams and lack of development on the OL. Waiting to see what we do with the extra staff position and if ST duties are handed over to the new staff member. But Searles still has a job, he shouldn't. And the extra staff position should be going to a full fledged OC.
- Playing experience over talent: We saw Knowles getting snaps over Hall at the beginning of the year. We saw Rosier get a much longer leash than Perry; we didn't even get a chance to see Williams get snaps this season outside of Savannah State. Richt mismanaged the QB room as much as any coach in the nation. He didn't even take advantage of the new red-shirt rule.

Shall I go on?
- Nepotism - hiring a QB coach that doesn't have a resume to be a Div1 QB coach. Yet he's in charge of QB development
- This is definitely one thing I don't like. I understand he's throwing his kid a bone, since Richt does most of the QB teaching and is the defacto QB coach, but this spot needs someone to connect better with the QB.
- Archaic scheme - Richt identified that his plays worked 30 years ago and that it's the players not executing that's the problems. Golden did the same exact thing at Miami with his defense where it took every single person executing his defense for it to work. Golden ran an archaic scheme that didn't fit the talent that exists in Miami. Richt runs outdated concepts that has been mentioned ad nauseam on this board as well as dissected by @Roman Marciante . Also, watch the GT game and you'll see Dan Orlovsky go in dry on Richt's offense. Also, I'd advise you watch the bowl game because Orlovsky's going to call that game as well; willing to bet he makes mention of Richt's archaic offense again.
- Scheme is more dumbed down than archaic. We run the same plays ad naseum Go back to 2016 and look at the concepts. This is the factor of QBs that can't deliver (Rosier) or don't get it/put in the effort (Kosi). The best all around QB on the roster that Richt put more than a month in to recruit (Williams) will eventually be the guy who is able to understand and expand the playbook.
- Recruiting practices are horrid at Miami. This staff consistently doesn't know how to read recruits and is consistently found unprepared and scrambling. They think that kids won't look around and don't continue to recruit the position. They get a commit, and shut recruiting down for that position.
- We have a tremendous outreach program in the community, most HS coaches rave about Richt, I would contend that recruiting in south florida produces more fickle players due to saturation and competition (every recruits SFla) and I don't think you can find coaches outside of Saban, Meyer and Dabo that don't deal with difficult recruits (they are all teens). Most of the coaches that have less turnover recruit lesser profile kids, in lesser profile areas, and or use bags.
- Coaches calling out players. Thomas Brown calling players cancers, which of whom you actually recruited is a huge indictment on the staff. Those are your guys and you foster the locker room environment.
- Find me a succesful staff that doesn't call out players by name. I'll wait.
- Lackluster hires and an unwillingness to evaluate the program: Patke and Banda were hires specifically to help salvage a (already dwindling) recruiting class. These kids that are so happy Banda's going to remain on staff as a co-DC, will be the same ones that likely go elsewhere. Richt has consistently had porous special teams and lack of development on the OL. Waiting to see what we do with the extra staff position and if ST duties are handed over to the new staff member. But Searles still has a job, he shouldn't. And the extra staff position should be going to a full fledged OC.
- Banda and Patke were held because they know the system and we don't have to change anything. And theyre **** good coaches. Patke knew almost as much as Diaz in terms of the defense. Research that topic, we actually have great defensive coaches. ST is hit or miss I agree. But most people only see the punter/kicker struggles, but don't see the improved tackling and pursuit angles on that front which is necessary more so than anything on ST.
I agree it would make more sense to have a true OC to free up coach. He's a great recruiter and should be more in the field and kissing babies.

- Playing experience over talent: We saw Knowles getting snaps over Hall at the beginning of the year. We saw Rosier get a much longer leash than Perry; we didn't even get a chance to see Williams get snaps this season outside of Savannah State. Richt mismanaged the QB room as much as any coach in the nation. He didn't even take advantage of the new red-shirt rule.
- Hall was hurt most of the summer so he couldn't practice. There are snap breakdowns by Daniel Gould to that affect that show the snap breakdown for each game. Rosier and Kosi was touched on above. Williams is very important so they had zero desire to get him hurt or burn a shirt.

Who are you talking about? Because the only guy that I can think of that fits your claim is Roger Yarde. Other than that, what 2 star guys are you talking about? Your getting defensive and pedaling a false narrative because you started a thread claiming we were getting everyone and now you're going to be wrong.
I was indulging by saying two stars but if you look at the recruiting board right now there are (looks at the recruiting board page) 4 on the first page of random player reqs. I don't want to hammer this because I think it's obvious that it happens.

Our new punter. Feagles might as well quit.
AF333C96-25D8-423F-B16F-EC9DCF3A3408.jpeg

Advertisement
- This is definitely one thing I don't like. I understand he's throwing his kid a bone, since Richt does most of the QB teaching and is the defacto QB coach, but this spot needs someone to connect better with the QB.
- Scheme is more dumbed down than archaic. We run the same plays ad naseum Go back to 2016 and look at the concepts. This is the factor of QBs that can't deliver (Rosier) or don't get it/put in the effort (Kosi). The best all around QB on the roster that Richt put more than a month in to recruit (Williams) will eventually be the guy who is able to understand and expand the playbook.
- We have a tremendous outreach program in the community, most HS coaches rave about Richt, I would contend that recruiting in south florida produces more fickle players due to saturation and competition (every recruits SFla) and I don't think you can find coaches outside of Saban, Meyer and Dabo that don't deal with difficult recruits (they are all teens). Most of the coaches that have less turnover recruit lesser profile kids, in lesser profile areas, and or use bags.
- Find me a succesful staff that doesn't call out players by name. I'll wait.
- Banda and Patke were held because they know the system and we don't have to change anything. And theyre **** good coaches. Patke knew almost as much as Diaz in terms of the defense. Research that topic, we actually have great defensive coaches. ST is hit or miss I agree. But most people only see the punter/kicker struggles, but don't see the improved tackling and pursuit angles on that front which is necessary more so than anything on ST.
I agree it would make more sense to have a true OC to free up coach. He's a great recruiter and should be more in the field and kissing babies.

- Hall was hurt most of the summer so he couldn't practice. There are snap breakdowns by Daniel Gould to that affect that show the snap breakdown for each game. Rosier and Kosi was touched on above. Williams is very important so they had zero desire to get him hurt or burn a shirt.

- I've never heard Dabo, Meyer or Saban call out their players by name. You asked for successful coaches, there you go. In fact, Urban even came out with a quote (paraphrasing) - If I start to make excuses, I give my players the room to make excuses. If this staff showed some ownership of their shortcomings, it would probably come a long way.
- Banda and Patke can know the system. But that was Diaz's system they implemented. How about bring in an experienced D-coordinator that would run a similar concept that would also help in boosting recruiting. Patke was a position coach for 1 year, and now he's going to be a DC?
- People see the ST struggles because they're bad and they've been bad under Richt's entire tenure. You normally don't notice special teams until you have a crap unit. We have one now.
- Again. The red-shirt rule is you're allowed to play in 4 games before your shirt is burned. Williams played in 1.
- Richt needs to realize that successful HC's can't balance coordinating the offense, teaching QBs and meeting the time demands that a HC has to make in college. Dabo does it. Saban does it. Meyer did it. Why doesn't Richt?
- Again, Roman has touched upon how basic our offense is, as well as predictable. That's on Richt.
- Fully aware that Hall was hurt since the Spring, but he was in Fall practice. And Hall was perfectly healthy going into the season.
- And you didn't prove **** on recruiting. This staff has been in the area for 3 years recruiting the area. You constantly hearing about them having to quickly reach out to plan B targets because a kid decommitted. If they know kids are fickle, why not have contingencies in place before hand?

Seems like he kinda sorta already is, but Richts bout to go into hiding
He's going to be alot less accessible over the next year. Might even be on borderline house arrest status after he uses that last coaching spot on something other than an OC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We ****ted the bed with Dixon for that SOB that said his dream offer was FSU the day he committed to Miami.

Staff have not learned their lesson and I know Richt gotta be like, “but I used the same methods I used at Georgia; I ate dinner w the family, asked grandma her recipe, told the young man’s family I’m looking to help mold your boy in to a man, and I asked to pray with them. What’s not working?” What he fails to realize that every time he left that house, that greasy bag man knocked on the door afterward and said Richt sends his regards! Lol.

Boy oh boy. Man, I’m hoping we can finish strong, but this last update got me creasy on this Titantic. Like I can see the Iceberg in front of me, but I’m still holding out hope the captain of this ship can turn this bih hard to steer away from it. Lol.

Last edited:
This was a bad cycle to decide it was worth my time to start following recruiting closely lol.

“Contingency plan” in UM football recruiting means total panic. Bobyonce Knowles, Terrence Henley, James King, Junior Alexis, Corey King...This is what contingencies are at UM.

Yup and now...

Zion Nelson

Jakai Clark

Jalar Holley

and more after we miss on our top keys

Advertisement
Back