Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
Recruiting is bad, like you said, because we had decommits (10 of which I believe were either pushed out or not really takes) and because the players that push us up all commit this and next month.

I hope you are right about that. But given the way UM has generally closed, the way this staff has closed recently, and based on several of the recent decommits in this (and next year's class), I do not sense much momentum in our favor and am not too confident we close strong.

By my count, we have about 20 targets remaining - Neal, Rique, MAR, Zip, Summerall, Bogle, Isaac, Hasselwood, Dunmore, TJ Jones, Dent, Elam, Dixon, Emerson, El Gammal, Williams, Lucas, Hunter, Harrison-Hunte, and Brothers. We seem to have a very slim chance for some of those names, and I think we probably land only a handful of those recruits. I'd set the over/under at 5. There are probably (hopefully) some other kids being recruited behind the scenes that will likely come to the forefront in the next few weeks as other kids sign early, but it is unlikely those kids are blue chip recruits. Right now, I'm honestly expecting a class ranked anywhere between 15 and 25, but I would not be surprised by a finish in the 26 to 30 range.

Disclaimer: Not an insider. Just my $.02 from reading up on recruiting.

Advertisement
"While I’m told she did love the visit, she still wants her son at UGA. "
Some of these mothers in all due respect feel they can keep a kid from trouble by getting him out of the area. In reality if you are destine to find trouble you can find it in Idaho, Montana, etc.

All due respect. Stop it. Just stop. If you really think this is anything other than a financial decision, and frankly a football decision, you're just not paying attention. Of course nobody can say "well we want to get paid now and paid again in the NFL", so they have to talk in code.

Especially after a 7-5 season, can't say I blame them. Frankly, appreciate them not coming out in interviews and saying, "you want my son to play for Mark Richt? Haha, you crazy. You seen the way he's running that program?"

Yep. Richt aspires to have a program full of kids who like him for who he is. He’s like a needy chick.
Sounds dumb, but that lil sandwich eating video everybody chuckled at says a lot about the kind of coach he is.

He likes what he likes the way he likes it and change be damned.

All due respect. Stop it. Just stop. If you really think this is anything other than a financial decision, and frankly a football decision, you're just not paying attention. Of course nobody can say "well we want to get paid now and paid again in the NFL", so they have to talk in code.

Especially after a 7-5 season, can't say I blame them. Frankly, appreciate them not coming out in interviews and saying, "you want my son to play for Mark Richt? Haha, you crazy. You seen the way he's running that program?"
Why would any parent who could send their kid to play for a top SEC program prefer UM right now?

Stefan, I appreciate the work, but you are still writing too much. At least you were honest. We strike out and look to have a better 2019. I just hope this rodeo ride is over with soon. Another head coach and maybe we can actually make some noise in the ACC

Advertisement
Almost feels like our coaches have some type of fake Miami tough guy ego where they just assume we land everyone

It's the mirror mirror on the wall syndrome. Dicht still truly believes he's a legend among men. He surrounds himself with yes men and thinks his players just aren't good enough and that all the talent should come want to play for him. Just listen to him speak. The guy is completely out of touch with reality.

I hope you are right about that. But given the way UM has generally closed, the way this staff has closed recently, and based on several of the recent decommits in this (and next year's class), I do not sense much momentum in our favor and am not too confident we close strong.

By my count, we have about 20 targets remaining - Neal, Rique, MAR, Zip, Summerall, Bogle, Isaac, Hasselwood, Dunmore, TJ Jones, Dent, Elam, Dixon, Emerson, El Gammal, Williams, Lucas, Hunter, Harrison-Hunte, and Brothers. We seem to have a very slim chance for some of those names, and I think we probably land only a handful of those recruits. I'd set the over/under at 5. There are probably (hopefully) some other kids being recruited behind the scenes that will likely come to the forefront in the next few weeks as other kids sign early, but it is unlikely those kids are blue chip recruits. Right now, I'm honestly expecting a class ranked anywhere between 15 and 25, but I would not be surprised by a finish in the 26 to 30 range.

Disclaimer: Not an insider. Just my $.02 from reading up on recruiting.
I definitely appreciate your 2 cents man. We are going to fill about 12 more spots so the ranking will adjust. Also, its hard for me to get a gauge on this staffs recruiting history as two years and a half years is not enough of a sample size for me. But hoping we close strong regardless.

Except not one single fan has said give out more offers to players that can’t play here and get processed out.
Fan do want more offers to players that are takes reguardless.
But nice try.
I understand what your saying, but scanning these boards would tell you much otherwise. Theres probably 2-3 times a day people here complain or say we should have offered so and so from some school that is a 2 star under rated guy and they don't know why we don't offer.

Advertisement
I understand what your saying, but scanning these boards would tell you much otherwise. Theres probably 2-3 times a day people here complain or say we should have offered so and so from some school that is a 2 star under rated guy and they don't know why we don't offer.

Who are you talking about? Because the only guy that I can think of that fits your claim is Roger Yarde. Other than that, what 2 star guys are you talking about? Your getting defensive and pedaling a false narrative because you started a thread claiming we were getting everyone and now you're going to be wrong.

You nailed it. There's no excitement around the program and it's all on the HC. These kids aren't blind or deaf. You have a guy on live TV literally saying we don't need explosive plays. Doesnt matyer what the context was. Who wants to be a part of that ??

The context made it even worse

This class is going to finish
I agree, If you are looking for trouble you are going to find it ANYWHERE.
It's much easier to get into trouble in small **** hick towns like Athens, Gainesville, Tallahassee, etc. than in Coral Gables and Miami.

Advertisement
Lol for yall that watched YEAR OF THE BULL DOCUMENTARY OF MIAMI NORTHWESTERN. The coach in the picture is the kid that made fun of Taurean Charles about a "****a" and was about to get his *** beat
He kind of looks like an older Laremy Tunsil.

Advertisement
I cant Believe this is happening , don’t ever remember a season where we have had nearly everything go against us.... the insurmountable losses like Ahmmon and Jeff Thomas gone, a bevy of recruiting losses and in that 4 game losing streak it seemed like everything went wrong against the canes in those games too. When does it end ? We are failing miserably on the recruiting trail... I thought the season was as bad as it could get, the recruiting is even worse... **** shame man...

This class is going to be bad for UM standards. Kids do NOT want to play in Richt's Flying Wedge O.

Advertisement
Back