Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
Y'all know bad years happen right? Lol to the field that thought year 3 we would be contending with the big dogs, or that thought we would shock the world with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. We said 2018 was the best class but surprised that those talents weren't ready yet. Or that our last second qbs have sputtered. Like, think about what Miami need from jump with Richt, then think objectively on how long it takes for a program not named Bama, Clemson or OSU to get there. Really not sure why everyone is so fuggin surprised. Everything is done in due time not our time.

Bad years on the field maybe - those can happen due to injuries and all kinds of other reasons.

But this recruiting cycle should never be this bad. We have 14 commits, in a year where we are so low with scholarships we should be offering the max. Our decommit ranking was noted to be higher ranked than our committed ranking. We are flipping commits from App State and getting turned down for visits from Minnesota commits. We just lost 2020 guys. All of this in year 3 after a 10 win season.

Florida State had a worse year than Miami and is ranked 13th in recruiting. Miami is 34th. I get it, if we land Rique, Bogle and a few others we jump much higher.....but there's not a lot of solid information out there for us to grasp on to. Recruiting this year has been @ss.

Advertisement
I recommend this staff to shift focus to recruiting positions of needs from Juco 2020 and 2021. At the present time, Canes cannot compete with elite programs from SEC due to: eligibility requirements and $$$$. The SEC and state programs are winning in admissions and on the field. Canes must win recruits on the field and coaching!

It’s not even about slow playing.
It’s about being able to read the situation and make the proper assessment beyond what the recruit is telling you. It’s the Jobe situation all over again and again and again. Where everyone in the workd knows the kid is going to flip except our coaches. Then the inedible result is a mad scramble once the recruit flips.
Man you have to be smarter than the 17 year olds you are recruiting.
If everyone know the kid is going to flip then start recruiting his replacement before he flips.

Just finished this conversation with Cane from Italy.

Bottom line...no more Mr nice guy.
Recruit everyone.
Players don't care if they dump us.
We shouldn't care about dumping players.

Just finished this conversation with Cane from Italy.

Bottom line...no more Mr nice guy.
Recruit everyone.
Players don't care if they dump us.
We shouldn't care about dumping players.

You have to know when you are getting played. These kids are not that clever they Telegraph this ****.

Advertisement
You sound like you know alot about what it takes to rebuild a program.

I have a knack for identifying patterns that a current coach does compared to his predecessor. I also have the last 15 years of trends to compare to and a lot of data to support why Richt's not working out. The fact that you can't seem to grasp this and are hoping magical unicorns stop by and spread their magic pixy dust on this program to right the ship is your fault, not mine.

Advertisement
We didnt over achieve last year. This year we under achieved. Do you really think this Miami offense doesnt have enough talent to beat Pitt, Gt, Duke and UVA?
If your qbs make bad decisions and OL can't hold blocks it be's like that. And almost all of the board here would agree that we overachieved last year.

Becasue they were average to begin with. Jones was a transfer for numbers, Gauthier was average and St. Louis was average.

And guess what, we have arguably the worst OL in the Coastal and have multiple all-americans (Army/UA) on our lines. Now compare our lines compared to every team in our division and compare the talent. You'll realize that those other schools get more out of their lines than we do.

And to cap that off, the kid posted a pic of his signing announcement today and listed UM and Minnesota as his choices. Kid hasn't even visited.

If half the kids for whom we are finalist would come to Miami, we'd have the #1 class and it's not even close.

Decommit U + Finalist U + Friendzone U

And guess what, we have arguably the worst OL in the Coastal and have multiple all-americans (Army/UA) on our lines. Now compare our lines compared to every team in our division and compare the talent. You'll realize that those other schools get more out of their lines than we do.
Agreed.

Advertisement
I have a knack for identifying patterns that a current coach does compared to his predecessor. I also have the last 15 years of trends to compare to and a lot of data to support why Richt's not working out. The fact that you can't seem to grasp this and are hoping magical unicorns stop by and spread their magic pixy dust on this program to right the ship is your fault, not mine.
Ok lets hear the trends. Or at least a synopsis. I would like to know what you have to conclude what you do.

Bad years on the field maybe - those can happen due to injuries and all kinds of other reasons.

But this recruiting cycle should never be this bad. We have 14 commits, in a year where we are so low with scholarships we should be offering the max. Our decommit ranking was noted to be higher ranked than our committed ranking. We are flipping commits from App State and getting turned down for visits from Minnesota commits. We just lost 2020 guys. All of this in year 3 after a 10 win season.

Florida State had a worse year than Miami and is ranked 13th in recruiting. Miami is 34th. I get it, if we land Rique, Bogle and a few others we jump much higher.....but there's not a lot of solid information out there for us to grasp on to. Recruiting this year has been @ss.
Recruiting is bad, like you said, because we had decommits (10 of which I believe were either pushed out or not really takes) and because the players that push us up all commit this and next month.

Advertisement
Ok lets hear the trends. Or at least a synopsis. I would like to know what you have to conclude what you do.

Let's see.....

- Nepotism - hiring a QB coach that doesn't have a resume to be a Div1 QB coach. Yet he's in charge of QB development
- Archaic scheme - Richt identified that his plays worked 30 years ago and that it's the players not executing that's the problems. Golden did the same exact thing at Miami with his defense where it took every single person executing his defense for it to work. Golden ran an archaic scheme that didn't fit the talent that exists in Miami. Richt runs outdated concepts that has been mentioned ad nauseam on this board as well as dissected by @Roman Marciante . Also, watch the GT game and you'll see Dan Orlovsky go in dry on Richt's offense. Also, I'd advise you watch the bowl game because Orlovsky's going to call that game as well; willing to bet he makes mention of Richt's archaic offense again.
- Recruiting practices are horrid at Miami. This staff consistently doesn't know how to read recruits and is consistently found unprepared and scrambling. They think that kids won't look around and don't continue to recruit the position. They get a commit, and shut recruiting down for that position.
- Coaches calling out players. Thomas Brown calling players cancers, which of whom you actually recruited is a huge indictment on the staff. Those are your guys and you foster the locker room environment.
- Lackluster hires and an unwillingness to evaluate the program: Patke and Banda were hires specifically to help salvage a (already dwindling) recruiting class. These kids that are so happy Banda's going to remain on staff as a co-DC, will be the same ones that likely go elsewhere. Richt has consistently had porous special teams and lack of development on the OL. Waiting to see what we do with the extra staff position and if ST duties are handed over to the new staff member. But Searles still has a job, he shouldn't. And the extra staff position should be going to a full fledged OC.
- Playing experience over talent: We saw Knowles getting snaps over Hall at the beginning of the year. We saw Rosier get a much longer leash than Perry; we didn't even get a chance to see Williams get snaps this season outside of Savannah State. Richt mismanaged the QB room as much as any coach in the nation. He didn't even take advantage of the new red-shirt rule.

Shall I go on?

Advertisement
Back