Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
We are trending in the wrong direction because we had a bad year too soon. Last year we got lucky and beating a couple good teams at home created a lot of hype but in reality this team was not that talented and this last year offensively they werent either. People expect more than what the talent we have had can give.

This might be true for the ones that think we are Bama.

Reasonable fan expect to beat the crap out of Virginia, Duke and Georgia Tech in order to win the amazing coastal division and give at least a game to Clemson in the ACC championship.

I think we have the talent to do that.

And the fact is that we will have the talent to do that next year and the year after: we gotta start doing that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Boy we're going to be so much better when we get these Golden guys like G-Willis and Jaquan off the roster. This fanbase is something.
G willis was not a golden guy but I get your point. However most of the impactful golden guys were developed under this staff such as Redwine and Jackson

Reasonable fan expect to beat the crap out of Virginia, Duke and Georgia Tech in order to win the amazing coastal division and give at least a game to Clemson in the ACC championship.

My realistic season was going 10-2/9-3 with what we had. I wasn't shocked that we lost to LSU (the fashion in which we lost was bad). But I expected to lose to BC and VT (didn't think they'd be in even worst shape than we were). And then proceed to actually give Clemson a closer game than last year while still losing. We didn't do anything close to that though.

How fast do do slow play a recruit to keep him from thinking he's being slow played?
We get crucified locally if we stay on a kid, then dump him.
What was Bama's position on Bogle last week?
They can do that, but we can't?.....so it seems.
Don't now why.

I'm not defending anything.
There's NO excuse for anything less than a top-10 class.k i
Those are real questions that I have.

It’s not even about slow playing.
It’s about being able to read the situation and make the proper assessment beyond what the recruit is telling you. It’s the Jobe situation all over again and again and again. Where everyone in the world knows the kid is going to flip except our coaches. Then the predictable result is a mad scramble once the recruit flips.
Man you have to be smarter than the 17 year olds you are recruiting.
If everyone know the kid is going to flip then start recruiting his replacement before he flips.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yup. Guys like Herndon and Njoku were Golden guys. Our OL development is basically non-existent. But yeah, it's Golden's guys.

For as bad as Golden was, we never had this bad of an OL under his watch.

Goldens best OL - Of HIS players:

KC, Isidora, N Linder, Darling, St Louis

Would you take that over next years line which will be ALL Richt players:

Donaldson, Reed, Gaynor, Boulware, Scaife

1545059533890.gif

G willis was not a golden guy but I get your point. However most of the impactful golden guys were developed under this staff such as Redwine and Jackson

GWillis was under both staff's for multiple years. Pittsburgh mentioned getting Golden's guys out of here. By your logic, every single guy now that is on the roster from the Golden regime has been under this staff and developed for multiple years.

You guys think we're being overly negative, we're not. It's time to accept that things aren't going in the right direction. This isn't some bump in the road. We fell into a crater.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Goldens best OL - Of HIS players:

KC, Isidora, N Linder, Darling, St Louis

Would you take that over next years line which will be ALL Richt players:

Donaldson, Reed, Gaynor, Boulware, Scaife

Donaldson was supposed to be a guaranteed All-American. This staff put him at tackle when this fanbase screamed for weeks to put him back at guard. Weeks later, they put him back at guard and his play regressed.

I haven't seen Reed play consistently this year. He was red-shirted.

Boulware seems to be average.

Gaynor was red-shirted.

This OL is bad because the OL coach can't develop talent. The talent may be better, but the development is not better under Richt's era compared to Golden's.

We are terrible at reading recruits. Miami’s confident. Two days before: “Miami’s confident, but...”

Advertisement
I was going to say the same thing, quit gargling on Richt's shriveled up nut sack and come up for air. Your takes are reminiscent of someone that practices holding their breath for prolonged periods of time on a consistent basis.
You sound like you know alot about what it takes to rebuild a program.

Advertisement
Back