Monday Recruiting Chatter - 12/17

View as article
But, we DID have a very strong recruiting class last year when it was said and done. Best WR, DT and RB in the state, plus scads of other studs including OL. If Richt underperforms this year and just goes 10-2 regular season (which is under preforming from what we should have done this year), we still rack up more of these studs and everyone isn't doing the Chinese fire drill. TO recruit well in SoFL is very easy on the actual recruiting end of things for Miami - win 10 or more and you get a stud class. win 12 and you're beating Sabag on some kids. Go 7-5 with this defense, and... you get this.

Watch it. Your post was almost positive. Not allowed here.

Advertisement
Y'all know bad years happen right? Lol to the field that thought year 3 we would be contending with the big dogs, or that thought we would shock the world with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. We said 2018 was the best class but surprised that those talents weren't ready yet. Or that our last second qbs have sputtered. Like, think about what Miami need from jump with Richt, then think objectively on how long it takes for a program not named Bama, Clemson or OSU to get there. Really not sure why everyone is so fuggin surprised. Everything is done in due time not our time.

A bad year should be 9-3. Were trending in the wrong direction. All the red flags are there.

Worst part is Richt sees the iceberg but thinks the ship is strong enough to go right through it.

Y'all know bad years happen right? Lol to the field that thought year 3 we would be contending with the big dogs, or that thought we would shock the world with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. We said 2018 was the best class but surprised that those talents weren't ready yet. Or that our last second qbs have sputtered. Like, think about what Miami need from jump with Richt, then think objectively on how long it takes for a program not named Bama, Clemson or OSU to get there. Really not sure why everyone is so fuggin surprised. Everything is done in due time not our time.

I like your take PittsburghCane and the realistic aspect of it. I'm originally from PA myself. Keep your head up, I do feel like better times are around the corner.

Advertisement
A bad year should be 9-3. Were trending in the wrong direction. All the red flags are there.

Worst part is Richt sees the iceberg but thinks the ship is strong enough to go right through it.
We are trending in the wrong direction because we had a bad year too soon. Last year we got lucky and beating a couple good teams at home created a lot of hype but in reality this team was not that talented and this last year offensively they werent either. People expect more than what the talent we have had can give.

However long it takes for Golden players to flush out and Richt players (2017 class and on) to flush in.

Michael Jackson, Gerald Willis, Jaquan Johnson, and Sheldrick Redwine are Golden guys. Last year, Norton and McIntosh were Golden guys.

I love it when a fanbase says that X coach just needs to get his players in and get coach Y's players flushed out of here. It was a constant theme this year in FSU where they wanted Jimbo's players phased out so that Willie can get his players in. Totally ignoring the culture that Willie's setting in Tallahassee is nearly the opposite of what Jimbo established and had previously won with.

The same applies in here in some respects. Golden was a horrid HC, but he still brought in talent. Flushing out guys like Knowles and Milo's cool and all, but with the way Richt's recruiting, he's going to have his own specials on the roster as well. Also, with the players mentioned above, please tell me that you're going to be happy that they're gone.

Advertisement
We are trending in the wrong direction because we had a bad year too soon. Last year we got lucky and beating a couple good teams at home created a lot of hype but in reality this team was not that talented and this last year offensively they werent either. People expect more than what the talent we have had can give.

So we weren't more talented than UVA, Duke, GT and BC? I understand losing to one, maybe two of the teams just mentioned. It's college football and we're not exactly Bama. But you don't lose 4 straight to those marginal teams and cite that everything's good and we're on the right path. In fact, Richt mismanaged just about every aspect of this team and is showing no sign of wanting to make changes. This is why this fanbase is ****ed.

Lmao...now Richt suddenly can't recruit.
Richt with UGA bags = consistent top 12 classes.
Richt w/o UGA bags = 2 top 12 classes, and a class currently terrible.

Corey Raymond won't come here and make a difference unless he bringing some SEC bags with him.

Yeah...maybe but at the very least he should try and do his job and hire the best people available not just the two dudes that he is comfortable and familiar with down the hall.

Minnesota. ******* MINNESOTA, has been able to prevent that one of their commit visit Miami but we don't.

We had committed guys visiting elsewhere all the cycle.
I think I've read that the staff literally tells the kids to visit other schools to be sure they're making the right decision. This might be before they take commitments but either way I hate it. Grow a pair and tell the kids their spot isnt safe if they're communicating with other schools.

Advertisement
Michael Jackson, Gerald Willis, Jaquan Johnson, and Sheldrick Redwine are Golden guys. Last year, Norton and McIntosh were Golden guys.

I love it when a fanbase says that X coach just needs to get his players in and get coach Y's players flushed out of here. It was a constant theme this year in FSU where they wanted Jimbo's players phased out so that Willie can get his players in. Totally ignoring the culture that Willie's setting in Tallahassee is nearly the opposite of what Jimbo established and had previously won with.

The same applies in here in some respects. Golden was a horrid HC, but he still brought in talent. Flushing out guys like Knowles and Milo's cool and all, but with the way Richt's recruiting, he's going to have his own specials on the roster as well. Also, with the players mentioned above, please tell me that you're going to be happy that they're gone.
I mean on offense but cool story.

Boy we're going to be so much better when we get these Golden guys like G-Willis and Jaquan off the roster. This fanbase is something.

Advertisement
I like your take PittsburghCane and the realistic aspect of it. I'm originally from PA myself. Keep your head up, I do feel like better times are around the corner.
I feel you and great W last night.

I think everyone sees us in our winning prisms from years past but we have had multiple coaches that have killed our fanbase, depth charts, let facilities fall, killed connection to the community, to high schools, and got us in big trouble a few times, but it only takes three years to fix around 15 years of bullchit? ok guys.

Well, Kelvin Harris told y’all before the season started that the team was behind Kosi as the starter.
So, MR went with Malik at LSU followed by a series of bad decisions which has snowballed into the circus we have now.

And the UVA game, as @The Franchise mentioned is when Richt lost everything. That was the time to stick with Perry and let him go through the growing pains. Richt panicked, and everyone saw it.

Advertisement
Back