Coaching Monday Media: Mario Cristobal, Josh Gattis & Kevin Steele

Advertisement
Advertisement
Steele speaks at length about the explosive plays the defense has given up. He specifically identifies a few of them and details what went wrong. He owns the issue and basically says that there are different issues or failures that allowed each play and that it's a matter of putting it all together.

TrumpyCane rather listen to toad than Gattis
glory wh GIF

Advertisement
The way Steele responds to questions at least demonstrates some degree of humility and accountability.
But Gattis... how is this man in any position to talk about rallying the troops and dealing with adversity when his method of dealing adversity has been to blame it all on the troops?

I don’t care what he says. All we have right now is recruiting. If we hold that, it’s a big piece. Staph and scheme changes on Offense are what to watch. If he hires another “run bro run” OC and says that they are going to run a “power spread” utilizing the skills of the players we have then he’s learned nothing and he will fail. If he hires a “space dude space” OC and says they want to integrate run concepts into an open, offense then I’ll have more optimism. That said, I won’t believe shît until I see it on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sunday, Nov 27th, needs to be Sunday Bloody Sunday, meaning both O/ D coordinators and all assistant/position coaches need to be fired, this includes Mario's butt buddies. And 20 to 25 players need to be told to hit the portal.

Mario then needs hire 2 coordinators and let THEM hire their assistants, while Mario.goes off on the recruiting trail.

Fvck!

since it wasnt mentioned yet
Gattis comments that stood out
The buy in within the whole program has not necessarily gone the way we wanted it.
For those that don’t understand the culture they gotta come to grips theirs other opportunities out their

Advertisement
Back