Molly McGrath talks to Behind the U about TVD and Dawson

The pint still stands. Why did the offense look and perform different after the talk. Film doesn’t lie.

I know why some people want to avoid that subject but it’s a very good question

What I still don't understand is why are we freaking targeting Smurfs in the Redzone vs Young? The 2nd P5 TD for Young came against BC!

Lots of blame to go around and I'm pointing at having 3 QBs as the biggest issue... all others are breaking up blame: bad throws, bad calls, injuries...

Advertisement
The point still stands. Why did the offense look and perform different after the talk. Film doesn’t lie.

All I know is Dawson found a way to beat Clemson with a true freshmen QB who had no business playing this season and almost beat FSU on the road with him… he’s getting the most out of the product on the field

WRs all had career highs for the top 4
RBs all seemed to be fed and put up good numbers
TEs were a bit of a mystery but with all the said production up top hard to argue that one group would see less production

Manny loved recruiting betas. Just shows you how good of an OC Lashlee was that TVD could look as good as he did, but he certainly also had the benefit of having little to no game film for defenses to prep for.

Mario isn't dumb. The crap he said during his intro presser about TVD being the best QB in the nation was said to boost his confidence, and not something Mario truly believed.
Then why is Mario dumb if he was boosting his qb’s confidence?

Advertisement
Some in our fan base believe that because TVD had a successful freshman year season that poor performance over multiple games now must be someone else’s problem like the OC. It can’t be TVDs fault. If you know football the film doesn’t lie. The metrics don’t lie. His indifference in the mist of failure and changing the narrative when it benefits him is who he has become.

Yeah but the narrative he was just saying hike and throwing to Rambo isn’t true. He was the go to guy but the ball was spread around pretty well. Rb’s, wr’s and te’s. Too bad Dawson didn’t know how to implement rb’s and te’s.
He schemed plenty of them open. TVD is a one read qb. **** the double reverse pass against bc early he threw to cam wide open but over his head. Why was that not Riley? Also, Horton had about 5 steps on his post route but meathead never saw him or looked. Colbie wide open on the same play as AM and TVD throws it somewhere else. He just doesn’t see the field and cost us 2-3 games this year. Facts are facts. Dawson doesn’t get a free pass either, he is to blame for much of the shortcomings too.

I think some are missing the point . Why was the offense better after this talk? Let’s not focus on anything but that. We know Tvd and the O sucked in previous weeks. .

It’s happened 3 consecutive years with 3 different coordinators. Offense isn’t that good, TVD has a meeting with coordinator in Mid October/November and plays much better., making everyone wonder wtf happened during the slump.

Advertisement
He schemed plenty of them open. TVD is a one read qb. **** the double reverse pass against bc early he threw to cam wide open but over his head. Why was that not Riley? Also, Horton had about 5 steps on his post route but meathead never saw him or looked. Colbie wide open on the same play as AM and TVD throws it somewhere else. He just doesn’t see the field and cost us 2-3 games this year. Facts are facts. Dawson doesn’t get a free pass either, he is to blame for much of the shortcomings too.
Once again Mario didn’t know this ? I mean he did all he could do to get him to come back two years in a row. Then hired two OC’s that didn’t fit his skill set . I guess that’s Tvd’s fault too? Not the HEAD COACH?

The point still stands. Why did the offense look and perform different after the talk. Film doesn’t lie.

All Dawson is build with the next guy and learn from his mistakes of not making it a point to really only do things TVD was comfortable with. TVD is just mentally soft player that hampered the offense and to me didn’t do enough in the film room to understand zone coverages but that’s just me

Advertisement

enough blame to go around, bottom line though= TVD was never as good as he played in freshman year (everyone was a bit fooled), and we haven't had consistent really good QB play in 20 years. Only Kaaya has been drafted (6th rd) during a 20 yr span, and it is very very tough to win when the guy touching the ball on every offensive play is just a JAG. As you have posted, we MUST get this qb stuff right and fixed, or the fan base will turn on its own i.e. Mario.

Mario can build greatest oline in cfb history, and recruit his guts off, without a "real QB' we are limited.

All Dawson is build with the next guy and learn from his mistakes of not making it a point to really only do things TVD was comfortable with. TVD is just mentally soft player that hampered the offense and to me didn’t do enough in the film room to understand zone coverages but that’s just me
EVERYONE in this thread agrees about Tvd , it’s the cult that can‘t put any blame elsewhere even though they refuse to answer my questions.

Advertisement
enough blame to go around, bottom line though= TVD was never as good as he played in freshman year (everyone was a bit fooled), and we haven't had consistent really good QB play in 20 years. Only Kaaya has been drafted (6th rd) during a 20 yr span, and it is very very tough to win when the guy touching the ball on every offensive play is just a JAG. As you have posted, we MUST get this qb stuff right and fixed, or the fan base will turn on its own i.e. Mario.

Mario can build greatest oline in cfb history, and recruit his guts off, without a "real QB' we are limited.
What changed from his Rs Fr year to the Soph and jr year? Defenses were running zone then. Where did it all go wrong ?

Bless her soul, but this is a sideline reporter attempting to play the role of analyst. This is simplistic nonsense. These QB/coach conversations every week game planning. So, the light bulb finally went on for Tyler? He prefers things black & white. No gray. That’s another issue & why TVD and the NFL in same sentence is a joke. **** happens, plays get blown up & QBs have to be able to move in the pocket, improvise, use their legs, show some grit. Tyler prefers to be a wind-up programmed toy. Good luck young man.

All I know is Dawson found a way to beat Clemson with a true freshmen QB who had no business playing this season and almost beat FSU on the road with him… he’s getting the most out of the product on the field

WRs all had career highs for the top 4
RBs all seemed to be fed and put up good numbers
TEs were a bit of a mystery but with all the said production up top hard to argue that one group would see less production
while not to say dawson stunk, relly pointed out the numbers behind the raw data with our offense and production.

EVERYONE in this thread agrees about Tvd , it’s the cult that can‘t put any blame elsewhere even though they refuse to answer my questions.
Dawson didn’t seem like the Ego type to me but his actions seem that he may be the my offense/scheme works u conform to it rather then I conform to the player. And you know maybe he did realize he had to make changes bc TVD couldn’t pull himself out of the hole by himself. I’m just hoping he learned for next year with whoever is the next QB. Bc it when he did adjust offense went back to scoring 30+

Advertisement
Back