Molly McGrath talks to Behind the U about TVD and Dawson

yeah problem is he wasnt seeing those routes this year.

Harley had a good year but I remember im throwing to Rambo a ton.

Rambo was clearly the #1 receiver, he had 79 receptions. Harley had 57, and both Keyshawn Smith and Mallory had over 30 catches. Knighton has 20. I think the ball was spread around pretty well.

Advertisement
Nothing will make him look better. What I find funny is the people putting it all on him and this is year two of them doing that lol. It’s never the coaches even though Mario chose this guy TWICE!!!!!!!!! He put all his refs in the Tvd carton multiple times so what does they say about him?

Agreed. And while TVD won't make himself look better with the UM coaches/fans, I think his target audience right now is "other programs willing to offer me a scholarship and NIL money"...

Agreed. And while TVD won't make himself look better with the UM coaches/fans, I think his target audience right now is "other programs willing to offer me a scholarship and NIL money"...
I don’t think he’ll have to sell himself to other schools. He’ll have good programs after him. He’s had multiple big p5 schools after him the last two years. It’ll just look bad on Mario if he goes and balls elsewhere. The narrative will grow. Thats why I say Mario has to nail this qb and have all his eggs in a row with the offense next year.

If he needs it to be black and white and doesn’t want to deal with “options” based on what the defense shows him then he needs to put his NFL dreams to bed. It’s not for him.

Defenses are too complex and he’ll constantly be baited into poor decisions.
I agree. This still sounds like a TVD problem. If you need everything structured and black and white for you, other teams defensive coordinators are going to recognize that and scheme for you accordingly because you are limited. Again, the problem is between the ears. He's a one dimensional system QB.

Advertisement
So what TVD needed was a coach to call plays based on his strengths? What a ******* revelation! That's why the offense looked like it changed for those 4 horrid games? That makes me respect Dawson less. That's why we didn't have an offensive identity because Dawson couldn't tell what we were ******* good at? GTFO! That alone makes me want Dawson gone. What, in the bowl game are we going to be a 5-7 step drop team with Jacurri because Dawson won't know what JB is good at?

****!

Now to go read the previous 6 pages

TVD and Drew Rosenhause might fool some casual fans with their latest narrative why he failed here blaming others but not himself but film doesn’t lie. NFL scouts, GMs and college coaches will see through this BS. The only offense he can run is a up tempo, single read on one side of the field and the OC tells him who to throw the ball to on each play. He can’t read defenses and his kryptonite is a Zone defense. An OC has to dumb it down to a basic level that plays become predictable.
Spot on.

This reeks of Drew conducting damage control to protect his client's potential earnings. It's spin. It's resetting the narrative to distract potential suitors and improve TVD's marketability.

Why is a national media bobblehead running interference for a CFB player?

Advertisement
many of you are missing the point. At the time they were having these conversations, TVD had not sustained all the injuries he had late in the season.

You cannot possibly think they didn't affect his play, both physically and mentally.
I haven’t even been posting anymore but man, your ability to cape for this kid knows no bounds. Tyler has to be accountable, especially as the QB, if he even has dreams of holding a clipboard on the next level. Dude is a 4th year QB and senior on this team. It’s HIS team to a large extent. He just seems like he doesn’t want to be a leader or accountable in a lot of ways, but that’s something that he’s going to have to reckon with in his football career and life generally.

Yeah but the narrative he was just saying hike and throwing to Rambo isn’t true. He was the go to guy but the ball was spread around pretty well. Rb’s, wr’s and te’s. Too bad Dawson didn’t know how to implement rb’s and te’s.

I said it earlier today in a dm man. We consistently do a bad job of highlighting and exploiting the skillsets of the talent we do have. The TE's were grossly mismanaged, Young's skillset was not taken properly advantage of, neither were guys like Brashard and CJ as well as others. We may not have 5 stars everywhere but we had skillsets that many of our opponents this year would have had tough times dealing with that we did not take full advantage of and exploit.

Advertisement
I think some are missing the point . Why was the offense better after this talk? Let’s not focus on anything but that. We know Tvd and the O sucked in previous weeks. .
The O sucked from GT till Louisville

We won the Clemson game with a true freshmen who had to have a watered down offense and almost beat a top 5 FSU team with that same watered down offense till TVD came and made a point not to hit X on the crossing pattern but across his body for the game sealing pick…

I know your plugged in… it’s absolutely unthinkable that there wasn’t this same “talk” prior to the season… his first four weeks of the season he was making himself at least a day 2 draft pick.

The O sucked from GT till Louisville

We won the Clemson game with a true freshmen who had to have a watered down offense and almost beat a top 5 FSU team with that same watered down offense till TVD came and made a point not to hit X on the crossing pattern but across his body for the game sealing pick…

I know your plugged in… it’s absolutely unthinkable that there wasn’t this same “talk” prior to the season… his first four weeks of the season he was making himself at least a day 2 draft pick.
The point still stands. Why did the offense look and perform different after the talk. Film doesn’t lie.

I know why some people want to avoid that subject but it’s a very good question

Last edited:
I think some are missing the point . Why was the offense better after this talk? Let’s not focus on anything but that. We know Tvd and the O sucked in previous weeks. .

I'm not disagreeing the the factual nature of your point.

What I'm saying is...why would the elimination of the RPO for 2 games be the primary comparative aspect, particularly when TVD ran the RPO quite well in 2021 and the first half of 2023?

Again, I have no problems changing things up post-injuries. But Tyler expressed happiness and confidence in Dawson and the offense throughout the spring and summer and September.

I'm glad that we had a much better offense against Louisville and Boston College, but to me the better comparison is when you are suddenly much happier at your job after you put in your 2-week notice to leave...

Advertisement
TVD and Drew Rosenhause might fool some casual fans with their latest narrative why he failed here blaming others but not himself but film doesn’t lie. NFL scouts, GMs and college coaches will see through this BS. The only offense he can run is a up tempo, single read on one side of the field and the OC tells him who to throw the ball to on each play. He can’t read defenses and his kryptonite is a Zone defense. An OC has to dumb it down to a basic level that plays become predictable.
I miss that dumbed down offense where we averaged 40 points and TVD threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs every game. Maybe Dawson is too smart for that.

I haven’t even been posting anymore but man, your ability to cape for this kid knows no bounds. Tyler has to be accountable, especially as the QB, if he even has dreams of holding a clipboard on the next level. Dude is a 4th year QB and senior on this team. It’s HIS team to a large extent. He just seems like he doesn’t want to be a leader or accountable in a lot of ways, but that’s something that he’s going to have to reckon with in his football career and life generally.
Tyler has been destroyed non stop since GT. It’s not caping if you speak facts that’s part of the entire equation. Fact is fans like to put it all on players especially because they can move on. It’s hard to put anything on a former player making over 80 million dollars and isn’t going anywhere. If was all Gattis last year. This year it’s all TVD.

Tyler has been destroyed non stop since GT. It’s not caping if you speak facts that’s part of the entire equation. Fact is fans like to put it all on players especially because they can move on. It’s hard to put anything on a former player making over 80 million dollars and isn’t going anywhere. If was all Gattis last year. This year it’s all TVD.
Yea, I don’t think it’s all on him at all. This staff has disappointed in countless ways already to the point where I’m more or less checked out on this season. Maybe they should’ve just saved him from himself, had an option to challenge him or be a competent backup given his history, but TVD has to take some accountability here. Mario tuff and physical bro ball is obviously a part of the problem too. I’m not willing to ONLY blame TVD whatsoever.

I have stood up for TVD all season long, and got mocked for it. I alluded to his injuries for half a season. I have argued with a certain well-known Zoom participant over whether TVD's issues were more "physical" or "mental" (I believe they were more "physical").

But I am sadly disappointed by what is happening now with TVD's "explanation". Even if it happened. There is no reason to make "Dawson talking with TVD before the last game or two" the storyline WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED ANYHOW DUE TO THE INJURIES.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back