Molly McGrath talks to Behind the U about TVD and Dawson

I agree completely. Only thing to consider is that college players always have to be positive with the media.

I need to watch to see how much RPO lashlee did and the design of them vs Dawson.

Could always be a player figuring out what works for him to. If my 6 iron isn’t working, I’m going to adjust and use my 7.

Everyone’s at fault here and they’re two sides to every story, but TVD shouldn’t have commented on this.

I can agree with this.

And I can agree with Tyler IF HE WAS HONEST. If he no longer likes to run after serious injuries, that's his choice.

But you have to speak up.

I'm not sure how "TVD was a yes man" becomes any sort of valid defense. "Yes men" are pussies.

Advertisement
I can agree with this.

And I can agree with Tyler IF HE WAS HONEST. If he no longer likes to run after serious injuries, that's his choice.

But you have to speak up.

I'm not sure how "TVD was a yes man" becomes any sort of valid defense. "Yes men" are pussies.
In no way was it a defense. He was a yes man, lost us games. He should have said something.

DID HE?

We had a wide open TD to Colbie Young, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and he chose to thrown an incompletion to Jacolby George deeper in the end zone.

Again, there is a difference between completing passes (and I've NEVER said he is inaccurate, and I've always said he was our BEST OPTION at QB, as long as he wasn't too injured to perform), and actually going through progressions.

Feel free to explain why the TEs and RBs got so few targets. And very few throws in the middle of the field. Those are functions of "locking in" and not going through progressions.

Look, I'll give full credit to Tyler for doing a great job against Boston College when he knew he wasn't coming back to UM.

But this "offense was clearly different after North Carolina up until Louisville" is shockingly bizarre when one realizes...you are talking about FOUR GAMES...two of which featured Emory, not TVD. So...yeah...I guess...TVD had a terrible stretch of [checks notes] Virginia and NC State...

I'm not sure why we can't all be honest and acknowledge the injuries and the unhappiness over his NIL. And if Tyler didn't want to run after his three injuries (and I don't blame him) then he should have gone to Dawson his **** self.
He did go through his progressions on that play. Too quickly I believe. Colbie would typically be his first read. He messed that play up.

But there were countless plays the last 2 weeks of him going through his progressions.

He didn’t really need to go through progressions the first 4 weeks lol.

I mean the TE and RBs probably saw more targets the last 2 weeks than they did all season. I can probably count on 1 hand how many times we sent our running backs out for routes the first 11 games of the year. And the TE we sent out on routes is 45 years old and can’t catch.

And yeah…GT, NC state, and Virginia he played awful. GT is the game I put on TVd the most.

I don’t know what to tell you about the offense. Put on the tape and watch NC state vs what we ran against Boston college. It’s completely different. Everyone with the slightest football acumen on this board has said this.

Advertisement
We sure have some emotional people on here. This is one of those times where the relationship has run its courses and its in both parties best interests to shake hands and move on. That has now happened and we look forward to seeing who QB1 will be for 2024. No need to boil bunnies and slash tires

I am relieved TVD has moved on. He is responsible for every INT and fumbled he caused. Dawson didn’t throw those picks. Don’t forgot he held the NIL collectives hostage after Spring only to come back and cause us multiple games. Fans, players and coaches are happy to see him leave. Stop making excuses for his poor performance and his own indifference regarding single handedly loosing games. He is someone else’s problem now good riddance.
That's the part that makes my stomach turn and head spin. Pretty tough to forgive that sort of behavior in light of his zhit performance in multiple games.

Advertisement
More excuses… dude can’t read a defense and really shuts down when adversity hits. Finish with your degree and get ready for a nice 8-5 type of job because this football thing isn’t for you.
Exactly, and TVD not being able to make up his mind if he should throw it or run it on a RPO. Allen in the BC game looked at TVD like what the **** are you doing. I am not suppose to get the ball. Decision making definitely the weakest part of TVD's game.

He did go through his progressions on that play. Too quickly I believe. Colbie would typically be his first read. He messed that play up.

But there were countless plays the last 2 weeks of him going through his progressions.

He didn’t really need to go through progressions the first 4 weeks lol.

I mean the TE and RBs probably saw more targets the last 2 weeks than they did all season.

And yeah…GT, NC state, and Virginia he played awful. GT is the game I put on TVd the most.

I don’t know what to tell you about the offense. Put on the tape and watch NC state vs what we ran against Boston college. It’s completely different. Everyone with the slightest football acumen on this board has said this.

Look, I have been consistent all season. I'm one of the few people who was telling everyone "TVD is hurt bad" from the UNC game onward.

And think about how the first four games went IN SPITE OF the finger-ligaments issue. So he WAS capable of playing through ONE injury. Three? Now that's a tall order.

I'm just trying to be honest. I feel like the UVa and NC State games had some limitations to the offense due to the injuries (which were bad enough that we sat him for Clemson) and the lack of execution. The more incompletions you have, and the more the box is stacked for the run (because you suspect that the QB is suspect), the more you will struggle to run the same offense that is your ideal offense.

I realize it was "Emory", but the F$U defense was just sending everyone. Those CB blitzes were coming at full speed by the time the ball was snapped.

It should not be too much to ask for an HONEST assessment of what happened in Games 6-10. And to not have this alternate myth of "well, Dawson waited until the end to talk to TVD". Because it's just not true.

Screenshot_20231116_200257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea not the best look on Dawson that it took him that long

But also TVD shows no passion on the field or off apparently. Didn’t speak up at all as a 4th year QB and “leader of the team”

Also we need someone at QB who can improvise not a stand in the pocket nervous nelly if stuff breaks down
This really boils down to your team “leader” really lacking the leadership skills to be successful. He clearly is afraid of healthy conflict and after watching games seems to lack the passion that true leaders have to create followership.

2 min 10 second clip from Molly's interview with Behind the U

Great Listen. Explains alot about the rough part of the season. Also brings some questions back to the forefront about how Dawson did or didn't work with the QB room this season.

David Lake talked about what he saw as failures in their 247 podcast, too.

For me, it reinforces what I've said numerous times; it wasn't just on Tyler. He had to deal with the physical stuff and Dawson did little to nothing to help him with the offense until he had to.

I just listened to it. I didn't glean anything negative from Dawson. Quite the opposite, especially in light of all the screenshots that @TheOriginalCane shared. When you look back at all the quotes juxtaposed against this nonsense spewed by Molly, it is tough to not conclude that TVDouche is just a whiny beeyotch who does not accept accountability.
For the "Oh but he had 3 OCs in 3 years" crowd, how is he going to fare better with a 4th next year (assuming he doesn't just go to SMU who ironically has a younger QB who put up TVDouche-like numbers under Lashlee)??? How is he going to fare in the NFL (spoiler alert - he won't) where OC turnover happens regularly?
The only thing a competent listener can take away from Molly's commentary is that Tyler doesn't want to think on the fly or improvise and that his coaches have to "shake him" to get him to tell them what's up.

Yea not the best look on Dawson that it took him that long

But also TVD shows no passion on the field or off apparently. Didn’t speak up at all as a 4th year QB and “leader of the team”

Also we need someone at QB who can improvise not a stand in the pocket nervous nelly if stuff breaks down
Eh alot of times when players do speak up about playcalling they get called "divas" . I can see why a player would just put his head down and not say anything

Advertisement
Back