Molly McGrath talks to Behind the U about TVD and Dawson

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium

2 min 10 second clip from Molly's interview with Behind the U

Great Listen. Explains alot about the rough part of the season. Also brings some questions back to the forefront about how Dawson did or didn't work with the QB room this season.

David Lake talked about what he saw as failures in their 247 podcast, too.

For me, it reinforces what I've said numerous times; it wasn't just on Tyler. He had to deal with the physical stuff and Dawson did little to nothing to help him with the offense until he had to.

Advertisement
If he needs it to be black and white and doesn’t want to deal with “options” based on what the defense shows him then he needs to put his NFL dreams to bed. It’s not for him.

Defenses are too complex and he’ll constantly be baited into poor decisions.

2 min 10 second clip from Molly's interview with Behind the U

Great Listen. Explains alot about the rough part of the season. Also brings some questions back to the forefront about how Dawson did or didn't work with the QB room this season.

David Lake talked about what he saw as failures in their 247 podcast, too.

For me, it reinforces what I've said numerous times; it wasn't just on Tyler. He had to deal with the physical stuff and Dawson did little to nothing to help him with the offense until he had to.

Aaaaaaaaaand then he said see ya ✌️

I am relieved TVD has moved on. He is responsible for every INT and fumbled he caused. Dawson didn’t throw those picks. Don’t forgot he held the NIL collectives hostage after Spring only to come back and cause us multiple games. Fans, players and coaches are happy to see him leave. Stop making excuses for his poor performance and his own indifference regarding single handedly loosing games. He is someone else’s problem now good riddance.

Advertisement

You have to be kidding me.

We heard AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON that Dawson had worked with TVD to help eliminate plays that TVD didn't feel comfortable with. So this is complete bull****.

"Little to nothing to help him with the offense"? That's just wrong. Everything was great at the beginning of the season.

And, look, I'm not standing here "100% for TVD" or "100% against TVD". I will speak openly about Tyler having THREE serious and problematic injuries this year.

But this nonsense about "I need everything spoon-fed to me" is just garbage. Sooooo...TVD needed to be told NOT to take the run option at the end of the play? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****? He can't improvise? He needs to be programmed like a robot? Does he really think he has a future in the NFL if he needs an OC to script his every move?

This is just crap. I really like TVD's talent and ability, but if he truly can't live with any gray area, then he will not have a professional career. It's just that simple.

I hope that Dan Radakovich can bring back the men's golf program, because that's the only athletic future for TVD.

Well, at this point, I guess we just have to acknowledge that TVD is a liar who keeps changing his story...

1701280907022.png

Advertisement
You have to be kidding me.

We heard AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON that Dawson had worked with TVD to help eliminate plays that TVD didn't feel comfortable with. So this is complete bull****.

"Little to nothing to help him with the offense"? That's just wrong. Everything was great at the beginning of the season.

And, look, I'm not standing here "100% for TVD" or "100% against TVD". I will speak openly about Tyler having THREE serious and problematic injuries this year.

But this nonsense about "I need everything spoon-fed to me" is just garbage. Sooooo...TVD needed to be told NOT to take the run option at the end of the play? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****? He can't improvise? He needs to be programmed like a robot? Does he really think he has a future in the NFL if he needs an OC to script his every move?

This is just crap. I really like TVD's talent and ability, but if he truly can't live with any gray area, then he will not have a professional career. It's just that simple.

I hope that Dan Radakovich can bring back the men's golf program, because that's the only athletic future for TVD.
flame thrower fire GIF

Advertisement
Yea not the best look on Dawson that it took him that long

But also TVD shows no passion on the field or off apparently. Didn’t speak up at all as a 4th year QB and “leader of the team”

Also we need someone at QB who can improvise not a stand in the pocket nervous nelly if stuff breaks down

Manny loved recruiting betas. Just shows you how good of an OC Lashlee was that TVD could look as good as he did, but he certainly also had the benefit of having little to no game film for defenses to prep for.

Mario isn't dumb. The crap he said during his intro presser about TVD being the best QB in the nation was said to boost his confidence, and not something Mario truly believed.

Advertisement
i hate this whole situation because hearing all this in all honesty it sound like we failed Tyler and Tyler failed us. We failed him in the sense that we haven’t given him consistency in OCs, different OC all 3 years. We wasted every body’s time and development last year with Gattis. We failed him in not going what Dawson did late in the season earlier . We probably should’ve sat him for him to get healthy a little bit. Tyler failed us with not speaking up on what he is comfortable with. Failed us developing his leadership skills….. the crazy part at the end of the day Tyler needs consistency I think it would benefit him staying another year and competing. He’s been here.. We've seen his worst. We know exactly what his weakness is and how to build around him. Like he said there’s no gray areas here cause we’ve know what’s what. Hope yall get that

Advertisement
Back