Modern coaches for modern players: 2019 Miami Hurricanes

ElJefe3

RS Senior w/ an off campus apartment
I'll preface this by saying: Yes, I was got just like a lot of you

Manny is what we get for buying into all the crap we get thrown at us today. Twitter savage, sounds bites, social media maverick. All the things that get eyes on screens and "likes" coming in. For better or worse (or worse worse) Manny is a product of the world today and we're all slurped it. The social media king has a lot of style in social media posts but many times there is little substance. Like the Fyre Festival, Manny hooked us with the dream and fell miserably short on execution with the only silver lining is that most of us just had to drive to HRS instead of some island to get **** on.

Like many of us - especially recruits and players - we ate that up and bought it. We get down on players posting highlights on IG but that's what got them in here? That's what our coach is all about! Focus on the optics, the brand, post away regardless if you can actually play - or COACH - like the nostalgic Hurricane teams your pimp out for us to fantasize about. And like them, our coach & staff can't make it happen IRL. The Miami Standard, running stadiums while the Duke game was playing, all the bling, etc. All exactly the same thing we see on the field: style over substance. I don't blame the players, look who molds them.

We went 7-6 last season and I don't know where we're going to end this one but I know that after last night, we might have to replay the entire season on the big screens while we run stadiums because this is embarrassing..plain and simple.

Advertisement
I'll preface this by saying: Yes, I was got just like a lot of you

Manny is what we get for buying into all the crap we get thrown at us today.

I stopped here because Manny didn't hire himself. Neither did Richt. Richt didn't extend himself either. Coaches don't hire and extend themselves.

Either Blake James is in control and making these decisions or the BOT are and he is a puppet.

Either way we need a competent AD with passion and autonomy. Stop worrying about the HC.

There were many people who were outraged at the hire.

Only morons think soundbites matter. If you fell for this coach bc he said “violence” or bc he “fired the offensive staff” (every new coach fires staff, literally all of them do it), then you are part of the problem.

He had the players run the stair at the stadium while playing the Duke game on the Jumbotron. I hope after that VT loss he includes the coaches on the stairs too. They need to do much better recruiting, developing, and game planning.

Advertisement
Back