Mobile QB: Careful What U Wish For

Advertisement
probably the dumbest thing i've ever read on this board. and that's saying alot.

**** me this place gets worse by the hour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We aren't asking for a running dual threat QB. We just want someone who can occasionally step up or evade one rusher that gets free. Kaaya has the worst pocket presence of any QB I can remember. 40 yr old Peyton has more escapability than Brad.

Moro has a point; I'm sure SFL backs like Yearby and Walton don't want to share touches with a mobile elusive QB who can extend plays, avoid sacks, etc.

They would, as SFL studs, rather run into eight man fronts play after play...Oh wait!

Advertisement
Every reference I have read thus far, ooh look at Clemson, Louisville and Ohio St. Real quick give me the names of the top WR's, TE's and RB's on those teams? My point exactly, no top SFL skill players are coming if they can't show case their skills to promote their ability to get to the next level. You can talk that 'college" star ish all you want but the bottom-line is these SFL skill players want to make it to the next level, NFL.

Last edited:
Every reference I have read thus far, ooh look at Clemson, Louisville and Ohio St. Real quick give me the names of the top WR's, TE's and RB's on those teams? My point exactly, no top SFL skill players are coming if they can't show case their skills to promote their ability to get to the next level. You can talk that 'college" star ish all you want but the bottom-line is these SFL skill players want to make it to the next level, NFL.

Just off the top of my head....

James Quick

Curtis Samuel

Mike Williams

All the headlining WR at those three schools and all will get drafted.

I betcha the RB's at at least Clemson and OSU get drafted higher than anyone we see getting action at this point.

TE's, we've got the advantage there.

So what are you trying to say exactly?

Advertisement
I'm sure Walton loves that the defense only has to focus on him when we out of shotgun instead of the defense having to dedicate a defender or two to Kaaya which would open up running lanes for Walton. We don't need that!

The point was already made. It took just short of 2 hrs to get an answer. Between that time canned crabs could only muster Cuban food and thoughts of other men. This is how low the thinking is around the program and it includes the fan base aswell.

Kaaya is a very talented QB, there is absolutely no questioning that; We have seen his skills displayed in two offenses since he's been here and he produced in both at a very high level. The quick fix mentality; Bring in a mobile QB is going to allow for more plays to open up. However, today U have a pro style QB and an offensive staff that can't seem to find the creativity needed to get the ball out of his hands and into the hands of the play-makers at the other skill positions.

With that said, what will happen tomorrow when you get the mobile QB? What will happen is the defenses will spy that QB; and because U were looking for the simple fix; you didn't challenge the offensive staff to become more innovative and creative, so defenses will shut that ish down too. Like my post, Too Richt Searles Leaves Stained Lines, those problems continue to be left unresolved and the coaches are back in their offices tonight scratching heads. Same will be true this time next year because 1) You have growing pains with a new young QB and 2) Your offensive staff and fan base lack the skills needed at this point to effectively problem solve.

Dual threat means a QB can run and pass. The defenses will continue to take away the pass if you don't solve the problem with the angles DE's are using against your TL's and therefore, teeing off on your QB. So that dual threat QB becomes one dimensional, a running QB. SFL aint going to have that and neither will its talented skill recruits.

Last edited:
Kehoe, was a **** good OLC. His linemen were some of the best in the college game. However, he was a casualty for the ineptitude of the former staff. That proves that by changing drivers this particular line still sucks with the same moving parts. However, Kehoe had the knowledge of how of to use techniques to work within two multiple offenses to allow Coley and others to have a chance within the game plan on game day. End result proved that the lack of offensive line talent and play calling failed last years team. Here we go again, add a HS mobile QB. Press reset and repeat. Then get exited and expect a different outcome next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial nightshade Solanum tuberosum. The word "potato" may refer either to the plant itself or..........

U cats are watching the highlight reels and drooling at Louisville and Clemson. SFL love it when we see it, but with the mentality of our players down here and the people in this city it won't work!

I dont know what south florida you live in but... players would die for treon when he played, same with geno and jacory. All they care about is winning. The option of a dual quarterbacks lets everybody eat because it opens things up im lost at your post.

Dade all day...

Dual threat means a QB has skills to both run and pass. So defenses will continue to take away the pass if you don't solve that problem with the angles DE's are using against your TL's. Therefore, allowing them to tee off on your QB. Then that dual threat QB becomes one dimensional, a running QB. SFL aint going to have that and neither will its talented skill recruits.

Listen to me good, an Old Lady on the block once said, "What you eat don't make me shiot". Everybody got to eat around here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You can't help but laugh at these people who think they can take their life savings and go to Vagas and bet it all against the house. The QB running 60 yards extending plays. If you gamble long enough you will lose.

Advertisement
Back