Moar Random Uneducated Thoughts

TheU1984

All ACC
This was set up perfectly for us to capitalize on our off-season momentum and excitement. Texas AM was ripe for the taking. But par for the course since 2005, we came up on the wrong side in what could have been a statement game.

With that said, not all is lost. All of our realistic goals remain and our schedule is weak enough the rest of the way for us to be optimistic and let this team grow with Mario at the helm. As anemic as 8-4’s offense was, I don’t think we’ll see as talented players as number 6 and Smith the rest of the way.

James Williams and LT. This is why you need five star players. Both played real well. LT had his typical back to back huge splash plays. If he can get some more consistency, he can be AA status in his final year. JW can get there too. The play where he beat his block, slipped, recovered and made an open field tackle on Achnae saved us 6 points.

Love our DL. Deep and persistent.

Give it up for DJ. Best game of his career. Kid has a lot of a character to still be around and come up big like this for us in year 5. Flagg played well too. Blades, on the other end, I want him to succeed badly. But it’s just not happening. Mistake after mistake whether it’s missed tackles or poor ST play.

Offensively - HP is a beast. But that third down drop killed us…. Had only one man to beat to turn that into 6.

OLine also played well. A guy like Samson (and FM) has to watch this game and want to play here at the T position with what MC is doing.

But obviously this game falls on our QB and WRs. Awful play from both. WRs didn’t do TVD any favors and TVD didn’t do them any favors. In fact, seems like TVD wanted to get a few of them killed. Goofy *** passes putting our guys into trouble. And the two yard dumps to a blanketed guy on third and six? Gtfoh. Why?

Overall, I said it in the game thread…. I think we win a close one if X plays. If he’s 100% he’s returning that punt and not Rique. And we know X is reliable (minus whatever he did against Clemson in 2020 as a TF… lol). Rique must’ve had in his head his return against Southern Miss where he played it off the bounce with a guy right in front of him. Even though he had a good return there, it should’ve been a coaching point. Who knows if it was or wasn’t…. But I think we all knew when Tyrique fumbled, we were going to lose and be able to point back at that as the reason.

Advertisement
5 stars make a difference.. We need more, ALOT more 5 star talent, everywhere! Hopefully at WR, because YIKES

No moral victories or consolation prizes... but imagine being a Ass2Mouth fan right now, 5 years into Jimbo's reign and they suck this bad with all those 5*s.

This was set up perfectly for us to capitalize on our off-season momentum and excitement. Texas AM was ripe for the taking. But par for the course since 2005, we came up on the wrong side in what could have been a statement game.

With that said, not all is lost. All of our realistic goals remain and our schedule is weak enough the rest of the way for us to be optimistic and let this team grow with Mario at the helm. As anemic as 8-4’s offense was, I don’t think we’ll see as talented players as number 6 and Smith the rest of the way.

James Williams and LT. This is why you need five star players. Both played real well. LT had his typical back to back huge splash plays. If he can get some more consistency, he can be AA status in his final year. JW can get there too. The play where he beat his block, slipped, recovered and made an open field tackle on Achnae saved us 6 points.

Love our DL. Deep and persistent.

Give it up for DJ. Best game of his career. Kid has a lot of a character to still be around and come up big like this for us in year 5. Flagg played well too. Blades, on the other end, I want him to succeed badly. But it’s just not happening. Mistake after mistake whether it’s missed tackles or poor ST play.

Offensively - HP is a beast. But that third down drop killed us…. Had only one man to beat to turn that into 6.

OLine also played well. A guy like Samson (and FM) has to watch this game and want to play here at the T position with what MC is doing.

But obviously this game falls on our QB and WRs. Awful play from both. WRs didn’t do TVD any favors and TVD didn’t do them any favors. In fact, seems like TVD wanted to get a few of them killed. Goofy *** passes putting our guys into trouble. And the two yard dumps to a blanketed guy on third and six? Gtfoh. Why?

Overall, I said it in the game thread…. I think we win a close one if X plays. If he’s 100% he’s returning that punt and not Rique. And we know X is reliable (minus whatever he did against Clemson in 2020 as a TF… lol). Rique must’ve had in his head his return against Southern Miss where he played it off the bounce with a guy right in front of him. Even though he had a good return there, it should’ve been a coaching point. Who knows if it was or wasn’t…. But I think we all knew when Tyrique fumbled, we were going to lose and be able to point back at that as the reason.
Ruiz needs to take our remaining budget and give it to the number 1 Portal WR and Hykeem Williams. TVD didn't play a great game but he had 6 Drops and at least 4 or 5 passes that could of been brought down with better WR play. That 21/41 stat line really should of been at least 28/41 for 270+

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back