Mitchell Agude (DE transfer) puts UM in his Top 4 (COMMITS)

I'm gonna disagree/counter for the following reasons:

At 64 Steele may want this to be his final stop. Plus he knows the potential and recruiting is best here. Wants to build a Champion

Addae from Tampa. If pay and position right he stays. Like all our coaches the SEC wants good coaches connected in SOFL. That's a resume guarantee.

Same for Strong. He knows players make the coach and he can get the best LB'ers here.

Big Joe you assume he's in love with the West Coast just because he's out first Simoan. Every one of these coaches will be highly sought commodities because of their SOFL experiences.

Kelvin Smith will only leave for a significant position and pay upgrade.

That said all our coaches involved coaching and or recruiting will be highly sought.
Billy here is my thing....

Enjoy the ride on the train as it pulls out of the station.

Anticipate a **** good trip, and don't worry about the last stop and getting off....as per the Coaches lineup.
Some of these Coaches will step off, but if we have enough confidence in Mario as we say we do, then damnit the converse is true too. Some good Coaches could be waiting to sign up with us to replace those who leave.

Example......... who in their wildest dreams thought Gattis would leave Big Blue to work with Mario?.......hello..

So watch, enjoy, experience, and get drunk on the high of Miami football getting back to what Mario calls......"when you wear the U it means a lot"...Goes for Coaches too..........so I ain't worried....Mario started the pipeline......let it flow

Advertisement
Shodell has a story on the "back story" Says he had always watched Mario at Oregon from afar. Ducks beat UCLA twice while he was there and he noticed the r elationship Mario seemed to have with the team, etc. Mario was the first coach to reach out via FAcetime.

Jaelan Phillips and Quincy Roche were also involved.

But Agude says when he really knew Miami might be right for him was when he had dinner one night with 2020 Cane DEs Jaelan Phillips and Quincy Roche. Both transferred to UM, Phillips from UCLA like Agude, and Roche from Temple. Both stressed to him that UM would get the most out of him in the one year of eligibility he had remaining.

“With Jaelan, we were talking about his path that he took, coming from UCLA and how Miami flipped his whole life around in one year, became a first rounder,” Agude said. “He said `You can do this here, too. Just him having the experience he had with UCLA to go to Miami and he told me all about the process they went through, how they took care of him to make sure he was able to perform - I really took that to heart.”

Shodell has a story on the "back story" Says he had always watched Mario at Oregon from afar. Ducks beat UCLA twice while he was there and he noticed the r elationship Mario seemed to have with the team, etc. Mario was the first coach to reach out via FAcetime.

But Agude says when he really knew Miami might be right for him was when he had dinner one night with 2020 Cane DEs Jaelan Phillips and Quincy Roche. Both transferred to UM, Phillips from UCLA like Agude, and Roche from Temple. Both stressed to him that UM would get the most out of him in the one year of eligibility he had remaining.

“With Jaelan, we were talking about his path that he took, coming from UCLA and how Miami flipped his whole life around in one year, became a first rounder,” Agude said. “He said `You can do this here, too. Just him having the experience he had with UCLA to go to Miami and he told me all about the process they went through, how they took care of him to make sure he was able to perform - I really took that to heart.”
That Roche-Phillips Duo is the gift that keeps on giving.

Both guys looked good to solid in their rookie years to.

They are full blooded canes...Phillips stay recruiting for us.

And this was under Manny.

How much better will it be now?

Advertisement
Advertisement

My whole family (except me) are steeler fans and I was hyping roche up to them....surprised they let him go, seemed like a great scheme fit

Advertisement

Nothing warms my heart than seeing transfers being ambassadors for the program. Colbertson, KJO, Roche/JP, etc

How soon before he can see the practice field? Summer A enrollment begins April 4th. Does he have to wait until the first day of class, May 16th?

Advertisement
Agree that Harvey and Roberts both have a lot of potential and this staff should draw it out of them. But they haven’t lived up to that potential yet. Chantz too for that matter.

Even if all three are at peak form on Game One (extremely unlikely), as you note. we still need a guy who can get to the QB. That’s Moss and Kelly but they will not be ready this coming season. So it’s either a portal guy or fewer pressures, sacks and TFLs.
Elijah hasn't had the opportunity to. Every time he made a play he was taken out of the game. Hopefully it will be better this season. It's time!

Elijah hasn't had the opportunity to. Every time he made a play he was taken out of the game. Hopefully it will be better this season. It's time!
Momma R, I heard you go off in the Spaces a few nights back. I’m sorry Elijah (and you) had to deal with that. Let’s get your baby boy healed up and we’ll see what he can do with real coaching.

Shes not lying. He pops off the screen every time I saw him in there if nothing more than his physical stature alone. He looked the part even last season. Its his 3rd year in the program..it is absolutely time to give him the chance to be a guy that is depended on at that DL rotation.

Advertisement
Back