Mitchell Agude (DE transfer) puts UM in his Top 4 (COMMITS)

I can see Steele and big Joe staying. I think addae is here for 1-2 years. Strong is gone after a year imo.
Steele doesn’t usually stay anywhere for too long, plus he’s almost 64 which is getting up there.

Addae will depend on how much he wants to stay in Florida, I think he could stick here for a while, but he’ll be a guy that SEC schools will always be after & he’s young so his upward trajectory will get him NFL position coach job offers eventually.

Agree on Strong, would be shocked if he was here after this season.

Big Joe I think sticks until a good West coast job opens up, if any of the Utah schools ever wants him he’d be perfect out there. Rod Wright is the guy I hope we can keep for a long time, but I imagine the Texas schools will be after him pretty heavily once he starts snatching up TX prospects to Miami.

On offense, Kevin Smith is the one I hope we keep for a long time, he’s going to be one of, if not the best recruiters we have on offense, he’s going to be an absolute killa on the trail.

Advertisement
Steele doesn’t usually stay anywhere for too long, plus he’s almost 64 which is getting up there.

Addae will depend on how much he wants to stay in Florida, I think he could stick here for a while, but he’ll be a guy that SEC schools will always be after & he’s young so his upward trajectory will get him NFL position coach job offers eventually.

Big Joe I think sticks until a good West coast job opens up, if any of the Utah schools ever wants him he’d be perfect out there. Rod Wright is the guy I hope we can keep for a long time, but I imagine the Texas schools will be after him pretty heavily once he starts snatching up TX prospects to Miami.

On offense, Kevin Smith is the one I hope we keep for a long time, he’s going to be one of, if not the best recruiters we have on offense, he’s going to be an absolute killa on the trail.

Yeah, I’m with you. This is a great staff but it’s mostly a 1-2 year staff.

I would be ok with strong leaving after this year. He’s a weird dude. Lol. I’d love to keep addae and groom him but he’s gonna be scooped up quickly.

On offense, I don’t think gattis goes beyond 1-2 years. I think ponce, smith, field, alex can remain intact for a bit.

Yeah, I’m with you. This is a great staff but it’s mostly a 1-2 year staff.

I would be ok with strong leaving after this year. He’s a weird dude. Lol. I’d love to keep addae and groom him but he’s gonna be scooped up quickly.

On offense, I don’t think gattis goes beyond 1-2 years. I think ponce, smith, field, alex can remain intact for a bit.

If we have really a good staff, with highly regarded and accomplished coaches up and down the employment roster, we can’t expect to keep this type of talent for more than one or two years. We just have to keep replacing them.

I don’t recall losing assistant coaching talent to other schools or the league being a problem for the last 15 years.

Advertisement
If Mario was able to hire this incredible staff when Miami went 7-6, had average facilities, and a roster that needed a massive upgrade in just three weeks months, think of the kind of coaches he will be able to hire after pulling a top 5 class, and having facilities, record, and roster momentum. Proof of concept.

There isn't a coach on staff below Mario that I am going to fret about losing. If they want to leave, no worries, next. But they are going to miss out on a great run. I wouldn't be surprised if some guys that have bigger opportunities decide to stay. I think Miami has something special going and these guys see it.

Last edited:
All the UCLA passing rushing transfers are belonging to the U! Welcome!!!
all your base GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We have 3 positions with depth. QB:good, RB: that is injury prone and WR: that as a whole group has underperformed so far and needs a #1. TE was good, but with Mallory out (injury prone) with what Gattis wants to do, it's on depth warning. The 2 deep trenches are awful on both sides of the ball. We are still looking to upgrade starters on both lines. May is going to get hot in the portal. We have players that will transfer if they don't start, players that will transfer if not in the 2 deep and a few waiting to transfer now. Nothing is set with positions or lineups. Far from it. Again, depth is a huge issue.

We have 3 positions with depth. QB:good, RB: that is injury prone and WR: that as a whole group has underperformed so far and needs a #1. TE was good, but with Mallory out (injury prone) with what Gattis wants to do, it's on depth warning. The 2 deep trenches are awful on both sides of the ball. We are still looking to upgrade starters on both lines. May is going to get hot in the portal. We have players that will transfer if they don't start, players that will transfer if not in the 2 deep and a few waiting to transfer now. Nothing is set with positions or lineups. Far from it. Again, depth is a huge issue.
Forgot if it was a coach or what but looking at roster only QB, TE, and Safety are at a level where you would deem high end CFB level.. Everywhere else needs WORK

I'm gonna disagree/counter for the following reasons:

At 64 Steele may want this to be his final stop. Plus he knows the potential and recruiting is best here. Wants to build a Champion

Addae from Tampa. If pay and position right he stays. Like all our coaches the SEC wants good coaches connected in SOFL. That's a resume guarantee.

Same for Strong. He knows players make the coach and he can get the best LB'ers here.

Big Joe you assume he's in love with the West Coast just because he's out first Simoan. Every one of these coaches will be highly sought commodities because of their SOFL experiences.

Kelvin Smith will only leave for a significant position and pay upgrade.

That said all our coaches involved coaching and or recruiting will be highly sought.

Advertisement
Back