Mitchell Agude (DE transfer) puts UM in his Top 4 (COMMITS)

That will be Elijah Roberts.

We need guys to get at the qb...If Harvey aint up on his sh*t a guy like this will eat his food. Harvey disappointed me last year had high hopes for him.
Bring in this kid to get after the qb.

Agree that Harvey and Roberts both have a lot of potential and this staff should draw it out of them. But they haven’t lived up to that potential yet. Chantz too for that matter.

Even if all three are at peak form on Game One (extremely unlikely), as you note. we still need a guy who can get to the QB. That’s Moss and Kelly but they will not be ready this coming season. So it’s either a portal guy or fewer pressures, sacks and TFLs.

Advertisement
What a dumb comment. Do you think south beach is not frequented by students? Is south beach closer than where he’s currently located?

It’s 25 minutes away, is that not close enough of a reference point for me to use for you?

Clearly I know the campus is not located on south beach, but you’re being mighty petty
It's all good dude. I don't find it petty though. It's just the truth. Coral Gables isn't Miami Beach or South Beach for that matter. The expression is just something that I've never been able to relate to. Maybe it's because I was born and raised on Miami Beach, South Beach to be exact. Who knows, but it's always irked me when people refer to the University of Miami's location as South Beach. For me, it's no different than when people refer to Cocoa Beach as Cocoa. 2 completely different places that have absolutely nothing in common other than Coral Gables and Miami Beach are in South Florida and Cocoa Beach and Cocoa are in Central Florida.

Advertisement
Agree that Harvey and Roberts both have a lot of potential and this staff should draw it out of them. But they haven’t lived up to that potential yet. Chantz too for that matter.

Even if all three are at peak form on Game One (extremely unlikely), as you note. we still need a guy who can get to the QB. That’s Moss and Kelly but they will not be ready this coming season. So it’s either a portal guy or fewer pressures, sacks and TFLs.

Eh, we'll see. I don't see it from Harvey, tbh, I think he's a good high motor backup type but I don't see him as a key rotational guy...yet.

Roberts is a wild card because of his body transformation.

Nigerian defensive lineman to the U pipeline. Nigerians are grinders, take all day!!! 🇳🇬 👍
Disproportionate number of great athletes are Nigerian. Power, size and strength from the West Africans.
Endurance and running from the East Africans.
That’s what happens after hundreds of thousands of years. Try to explain that to Herschel Walker.

Advertisement
Disproportionate number of great athletes are Nigerian. Power, size and strength from the West Africans.
Endurance and running from the East Africans.
That’s what happens after hundreds of thousands of years. Try to explain that to Herschel Walker.
Ooh, a little dig at Herschel for rejecting the unscientific molecules-to-man theory of evolution.

It's all good dude. I don't find it petty though. It's just the truth. Coral Gables isn't Miami Beach or South Beach for that matter. The expression is just something that I've never been able to relate to. Maybe it's because I was born and raised on Miami Beach, South Beach to be exact. Who knows, but it's always irked me when people refer to the University of Miami's location as South Beach. For me, it's no different than when people refer to Cocoa Beach as Cocoa. 2 completely different places that have absolutely nothing in common other than Coral Gables and Miami Beach are in South Florida and Cocoa Beach and Cocoa are in Central Florida.
Its a figure of speech, especially with the international marketing where millions have been spent worldwide, if you ask a random person they will know miami baech/south beach and never heard of coral gables. You can be in Europe, Asia, etc and people will know Miami beach. You cant relate to it because you are too close, you know the difference. When someone from far thinks miami, they think beaches, sunshine, partying, beautiful exotic cars and women, etc. Everything you see that has been put in marketing behind multi millions of dollars, that stuff really has gone worldwide, same if someone mentioned dubia hawaii, or some exotic location you arent familiar with besides what has been shown to you on commercial/picture..

Thats not even including "the decision" where the biggest sports star left his hometown on National TV and said he is taking his talents to south beach, heck atleast Shaq actually lived on one of the islands (I wanna say star island but could be wrong) Lebron lived in the Grove but that "taking my talents to south beach" went worldwide and became a saying for anything south florida.. lol.

Advertisement
If given the opportunity, Roberts is going to show out this year. He’s an alpha dog on that defense and if he’s healthy, I think his play on the field will further prove the incompetence of the previous staph.
Roberts, Davis, and TAC are 3 guys im looking at to breakout.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back