Miss St Grad Transfer Db

canegang3

Freshman
Peter, is Cedric Jiles a possibility for Miami? I know he played under Banda and Diaz. Wondering if we were in the mix..

Advertisement
Cedric Jiles - 2016 Football Roster - Mississippi State Athletics

After reading up on him, I don't think he would play much if at all here... Honestly don't think we need'em either.

We may have numbers there but not quality depth, especially older experienced guys. Honestly we might as well not even consider Mayes, Henley, or Jackson at this point, if we get anything out of those guys it's a bonus. Many here thought Colbert wouldn't cut it here, obviously Diaz will know with this guy like he did with Colbert, we'll see. If they want to leave DeeJay at WR I think we should take a transfer CB.

After reading up on him, I don't think he would play much if at all here... Honestly don't think we need'em either.

We may have numbers there but not quality depth, especially older experienced guys. Honestly we might as well not even consider Mayes, Henley, or Jackson at this point, if we get anything out of those guys it's a bonus. Many here thought Colbert wouldn't cut it here, obviously Diaz will know with this guy like he did with Colbert, we'll see. If they want to leave DeeJay at WR I think we should take a transfer CB.

Jackson played quite a bit last year.

Advertisement
Peter, is Cedric Jiles a possibility for Miami? I know he played under Banda and Diaz. Wondering if we were in the mix..

I believe that Diaz is pursuing Dee Delaney from the Citadel as the primary grad transfer target, would be a good get as he is already viewed as an NFL prospect.

Why do you think Dee Delaney is transferring? I didn't know you can just get up and leave from a military institution.

He's been decent, maybe he will make a bigger impact next year, hopefully so. But let's be honest, if Colbert doesn't go down for his injuries he would have not played in many of those games.

Advertisement

And looked pretty good in mop up time. He's more than serviceable.

Why do you think Dee Delaney is transferring? I didn't know you can just get up and leave from a military institution.

I don't know much about the Citadel but Delaney is transferring after this semester and will have 1 year of eligibility wherever he goes. Most of the defensive staff is following him on Twitter now.

Advertisement
I am down with any one year addition to DB depth. Doesn't use a '18 scholarship, and if it is any level of improvement over the mayes/henleys/james of the roster we should do it.

Advertisement
If there's a grad transfer DB u take him for depth won't hurt recruiting also I want Dallas on defense kid has the perfect mentality for D

Dee Delaney would be a monster get. He's considered to be the #1 FCS prospect for the 2018 draft, at any position. We're talking about a future 2nd-3rd round draft pick with 3 years of college experience.

Add him and we know who will be starting opposite Malek Young next year.

Dee Delaney would be a monster get. He's considered to be the #1 FCS prospect for the 2018 draft, at any position. We're talking about a future 2nd-3rd round draft pick with 3 years of college experience.

Add him and we know who will be starting opposite Malek Young next year.

Jhovante Dean?

Advertisement
Back