Miramar coach on MR and staff

Senatus is shocked that many coaches today do not ask him for good and the bad film of the players they want to recruit.. All they do is watch 4 minutes of highlights and then offer. The U is the old school he said watch all film, and doing the homework on the player. he said he is amazed at the way the U staff is out at youth 7th and 8th grade games helping and evaluating.

I have long felt that highlight films tell only part of the story. You see the WR make a great catch, but you don't see the drops and the poor route-running. You see the cb making interceptions, but you don't see how often he gets burned. You saw the lb making a bone-jarring hit, but you didn't see him get faked out on the next play. I know you can "coach 'em up," but only to a certain extent.

Advertisement
They're just looking for athleticism. Soon as they see that, they feel they can coach him up.

Senatus is shocked that many coaches today do not ask him for good and the bad film of the players they want to recruit.. All they do is watch 4 minutes of highlights and then offer. The U is the old school he said watch all film, and doing the homework on the player. he said he is amazed at the way the U staff is out at youth 7th and 8th grade games helping and evaluating.

I have long felt that highlight films tell only part of the story. You see the WR make a great catch, but you don't see the drops and the poor route-running. You see the cb making interceptions, but you don't see how often he gets burned. You saw the lb making a bone-jarring hit, but you didn't see him get faked out on the next play. I know you can "coach 'em up," but only to a certain extent.

They want to see if they take plays off

They want to see if they take plays off

love this approach. watch all the f*cking film possible. tape junkies running greentree these days, very encouraging

Advertisement
Back