Minn.FB coach fired

This dude is a weirdo, ex minn coach. He lived in an 800 square foot studio apt. He said he never wanted to be a head coach anywhere and before Minn he never had anything other than midmajor experience. The job was too big for him. Long term he will be happier latching on somewhere as an assistant.

Advertisement
The Minn.FB coach was just fired after a winning season and beating
WSU when Minn.was 10 pt underdog.Why?Because he stood up for players
and basically told the Adm.your wrong!
I hope the U and other schools take every g..d damm recruit,transfer
for the next 10 years because this school should never have a player again.
There's the way Bama and FSU run there programs and then there's
the way these pompous asses like Minn.run theirs..
What kills me is I'm a Minn.grad,but after seeing the U play FB,it
changed my allegiance forever!

What is a Minn.grad,but ?

You're saying FSU and Alabama, one of which recently colluded with local police to cover up a rape, are the ones doing the right thing?

Where did you read that? ****!

Everywhere. Clown.

Really? The OP did not say that. The OP never inferred the BAMA or FSU way was the right way. Seems it was meant as covering that **** up if anything. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills then you'll learn to think before you speak. You only make yourself look bad.

Hey champ, hows about you check your reading skillz? CBC said one of bama/fsu colluded with police. You asked where he had read that, as if this were made up or unreported. I implied that it was widely reported and that you were a clown for implying it wasn't. You being unable to understand a simple statement by CBC in no way makes me look bad. Clown.

Error

Tallahassee Police Finally Admit Problems With Investigation Of Jameis Winston Rape Case
You still can't comprehend. CBC implied that the OP said those two schools were doing it the right way. The OP did not. I asked where CBC read that because the OP did not say that. Reading is fundamental. Try it sometime.

The administration at Minnesota is a disgrace, and I don't see how they can convince anyone to come play for that university.

Are you certain that your allegiance does not lie elsewhere? You sound mighty rustled....

Advertisement

Are you certain that your allegiance does not lie elsewhere? You sound mighty rustled....

Read the last paragraph,there lies the answer!

coach was fired cause of the optics it looked bad. the coach has to look like he is in charge it didn/t it looked like players were. I don't know if kids were guilty or not but it looks bad to have your team threaten to boycott a bowl game over suspensions from a sexual assault allegation that while it turned out wasn't sexual assault was an instance of kids putting themselves in a bad situation

one that made the university and football team look bad. the school had ever right to suspend the kids they did for making the school look bad , playing football is a privaledge not a right, bowl games are a reward and kids who end up in sexual assault investigations dont' deserve to go to bowl games.

sorry u are wrong on this one school did what they should of and coach should of backed the administration on this one.

Committing sexual assault and being investigated for sexual assault are two entirely different concepts. Nobody should be punished for being the subject of an investigation. It's called due process.

Well said,tcgrad1014.The police in the twin Cities is not some hick Tally group.They said"Yes there was *** but we do not have
sufficient evidence to prosecute."Then the president steps in and says but we have different standards.

no sufficient evidence doesnt' mean didn't do it either. it just means there isn't enough evidence to prove it. yes we are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. that doesn't mean those same standards apply when it comes to employers or schools.

as I said I don't know all the particulars of this case or what did or didn't happen, that said in today's climate putting yourself in this situation can get u suspended for a game, if the school did nothing they are liable also, for lawsuits and what not. by suspending the players they made sure they covered there butts.

they probably don't want a Baylor situation either, 7 players accused in a rape investigation is pretty high, Baylor and cops never arrested any of those players that were accused either, title 9 laws though do exist and schools have to protect themselves sometimes at the expense of the athlete.

players will play at minnesotta cause its a free ride, its a chance to play major college football and get noticed by nfl

The issue was not the HC standing up for his players. He supported due process for his players but failed to engage the greater issue of sexual assault on college campuses. The details of the case are on all the sports news sites.

That's the leftist spin.

The issue was he refused to stand by and let the school throw his players under the bus.

He was right. Good for him.

I don't disagree. The players deserved to be heard and respresented. He should have worded his tweet a bit differently, or perhaps not tweeted. The HC is part of the administration and needed to demonstrate greater leadership in this situation.

What did his tweet say?

The issue was not the HC standing up for his players. He supported due process for his players but failed to engage the greater issue of sexual assault on college campuses. The details of the case are on all the sports news sites.

That's the leftist spin.

The issue was he refused to stand by and let the school throw his players under the bus.

I don't disagree. The players deserved to be heard and respresented. He should have worded his tweet a bit differently, or perhaps not tweeted. The HC is part of the administration and needed to demonstrate greater leadership in this situation.

What did his tweet say?

"Have never been more proud of our kids. I respect their rights & support their effort to make a better world!"

I don't believe his support of his players should be taken as he supported what they may or may not have done, or taken as a lack of concern for women who may be the victims of rape and sexual assaults. He admits as much, saying he should have chosen his words more carefully.

Claeys said after the boycott ended that he wished he had chosen his words more carefully in the tweet but that he needed to support "their actions to try to improve the due process" for the suspended players.

Advertisement
Strange guy. Reminds me of a football version of Rick Majerus, but not as motivated. There have always been whispers that he's an excellent coach. Minnesota lost NFL players Murray and Brody Calhoun at cornerback from the 2015 team but the defense still was tenacious and effective this year.

However, nobody deserves much credit for making Mike Leach look bad in a bowl game. It's an upset if that doesn't happen. The Canes foundered all game last year but still would have won minus absurd play calling and stupid penalties deep in the fourth quarter.

That's the leftist spin.

What did his tweet say?

"Have never been more proud of our kids. I respect their rights & support their effort to make a better world!"

I don't believe his support of his players should be taken as he supported what they may or may not have done, or taken as a lack of concern for women who may be the victims of rape and sexual assaults. He admits as much, saying he should have chosen his words more carefully.

Claeys said after the boycott ended that he wished he had chosen his words more carefully in the tweet but that he needed to support "their actions to try to improve the due process" for the suspended players.

Maybe he could've chosen his words better, but it doesn't seem to me that his sentiment was out of line.

There is an epidemic across country of young Caucasian female students being systematically Gang-Raped by black male athletes.
In some cases the student body and or faculty have even stepped in to defend the rapists/offenders.
yet there is no national outcry, no one seems to care, why is that?

What if young black female students, were being not just raped mind you, but Gang-Raped all across college campuses by white college baseball players. see Duke Lacrosse team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6nUOuD5nTc

would people be talking about it? would something be done?

compared to the Duke case, the media coverage for these cases pales in comparison. the National media chooses to ignore the truth, why?

I hate FSU more then the next guy but Winston didn't rape that girl. He coulda got any girl on campus at the snap of a finger.

Advertisement
The administration is in charge....if players don't like it they can leave... The inmates aren't running the asylum by making stupid demands & trying to divide the team. I notice they sat up & stood at attention when NIU said they would be ready to play and would love to take Minn bowl spot....LOL

The administration at Minnesota is a disgrace, and I don't see how they can convince anyone to come play for that university.

Advertisement
Back